New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_req.ios.truncha_FiX_Wii-iND

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gjac1, Nov 17, 2009.

Nov 17, 2009
  1. gjac1
    OP

Member gjac1 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I know i already posted this in the NSMB topic, but maybe some of the smarter people who know about this stuff dont go to that tread anymore. I havent tried it myself as i dont know how safe it is but here is the info :

Game - New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_req.ios.truncha_FiX_Wii-iND

Release Date - 11.16.2oo9
    Platform - Nintendo DS
    Country - region free
    File Size - 1x2mb
    File Name - ind-nsmbw-ios
    Supplier - ;-)

This is a required IOS any more complaints and you will
    honestly need to go out and buy the game cause your too
    dumb for the Wii.

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Dop-IOS is included

Strange how in the nfo they say the platform is Nintendo DS :s

The wad included in the fix is IOS53_v5149

2. xile6

Member xile6 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Does this update the wii ver? or just installs the needed ios to play super mario from softmod disc?

3. gjac1
    OP

Member gjac1 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    From what i can gather, you install the new version of IOS53_v5149.wad to your Wii with Wad Manager / dopios

4. xile6

Member xile6 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yea but does that update your system ver or just installs a wad? Its really not for me i got it working under usb load but my brother in law wants to play the game and he only got softmod so i would jsut like to know befor i burn all these disc and get all these files

5. DownSince86

Newcomer DownSince86 Advanced Member

United States
    hmmmm I didn't have to update that IOS to play it. [​IMG]

But then again I'm loading it via usb, maybe that has something to do with it?

6. gjac1
    OP

Member gjac1 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Thats one of the reasons i am not trying this, i have the game working perfectly with NeoGamma , but it seems there are still lots of people who cant run it, so hopefully this will help them.

I would say it just updates the wad to some kind of fixed version for NSMB, but like i said, hopefully someone smarter than me about this stuff will let us know soon.

7. mruno

Newcomer mruno Member

United States

8. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    this is just the updated version of ios 53. If u updated to 4.2 (either official or unofficial) then u should already have this version of ios53 installed, thus not requiring you to perform any steps prior to playing this game (assuming you have an usb updated loader with the fix already, otherwise you will need to replace the main.dol, or play it via an alt-dol, or use a cheat to fix it)

all this was in the massive thread, on the first post. So I don't know why we need this thread also.

9. gjac1
    OP

Member gjac1 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom

This thread is about the fix released by a scene group for information purposes, the other thread was not.

10. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    wtf is a scene group? and how is updating ios53 a fix?

quote from the REAL thread

"ModChip Users:
    -Try NeoGamma R8Beta7, which should be able to run the Game without any patches needed (Thanks WiiPower!). ISO MUST BE UNPATCHED!
    -Try GeckoOS, and this Cheat File (Thanks to Fenrir). Place it under /codes/, and activate Ocarina in GeckoOS
    -Or download and Install IOS53 and your System IOS (3.2-IOS30, 4.0/4.1= IOS60, 4.2=IOS70) and patch them with the Trucha Patch. Use DOP-IOS for this, and play the fixed ISO. You'll need a Wii that is connected to the Internet!"

unless ur a mod chip user, ios53 shouldn't make a difference

all i can see, is that MAYBE some1 is sharing a wad (which is not permitted on this site btw) for IOS53. Which can be gotten legally via nus downloader anyways... and maybe they patched the wad using free the bugs, but you can install a patched version of IOS53 using dop-ios... so i'll say it again... this thread is pointless, but you're heart was in the right place.

11. dai-a

Member dai-a GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's trucha not truncha

12. gjac1
    OP

Member gjac1 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom

Yeah, there are a couple of errors in the file name and nfo...doesnt really wanna make you try the fix does it ?? :s

13. marice

Member marice GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
  14. xdeadxpoolx

Newcomer xdeadxpoolx Advanced Member

United States
    I seen some the person that originally ripped NSMBW (kongsnuts or w.e) Get upset because iND "Stole" his release. I laughed and moved on, seems that ppl are still confused about it. iND is NOT a scene group, its only a Tag put on files to let others know the source of the file. iND = Indy = Individual Release

15. capiti

Newcomer capiti Newbie

United States

hey, thx for the info. But im tottaly noob when comes to wii soft modding. My wii is the 4.2u. Would u post a link or maybe a fast tutorial in how to change the ios 53 and 70 using these programs?

step by step i mean. I dont want to mess my wii up :X