Hacking New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_req.ios.truncha_FiX_Wii-iND

gjac1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know i already posted this in the NSMB topic, but maybe some of the smarter people who know about this stuff dont go to that tread anymore. I havent tried it myself as i dont know how safe it is but here is the info :

Game - New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_req.ios.truncha_FiX_Wii-iND

Release Date - 11.16.2oo9
Platform - Nintendo DS
Country - region free
File Size - 1x2mb
File Name - ind-nsmbw-ios
Supplier - ;-)

This is a required IOS any more complaints and you will
honestly need to go out and buy the game cause your too
dumb for the Wii.

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Dop-IOS is included

Strange how in the nfo they say the platform is Nintendo DS :s

The wad included in the fix is IOS53_v5149

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this update the wii ver? or just installs the needed ios to play super mario from softmod disc?

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea but does that update your system ver or just installs a wad? Its really not for me i got it working under usb load but my brother in law wants to play the game and he only got softmod so i would jsut like to know befor i burn all these disc and get all these files

DownSince86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmmm I didn't have to update that IOS to play it.
smile.gif

But then again I'm loading it via usb, maybe that has something to do with it?

gjac1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats one of the reasons i am not trying this, i have the game working perfectly with NeoGamma , but it seems there are still lots of people who cant run it, so hopefully this will help them.

I would say it just updates the wad to some kind of fixed version for NSMB, but like i said, hopefully someone smarter than me about this stuff will let us know soon.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
this is just the updated version of ios 53. If u updated to 4.2 (either official or unofficial) then u should already have this version of ios53 installed, thus not requiring you to perform any steps prior to playing this game (assuming you have an usb updated loader with the fix already, otherwise you will need to replace the main.dol, or play it via an alt-dol, or use a cheat to fix it)

all this was in the massive thread, on the first post. So I don't know why we need this thread also.

gjac1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
this is just the updated version of ios 53. If u updated to 4.2 (either official or unofficial) then u should already have this version of ios53 installed, thus not requiring you to perform any steps prior to playing this game (assuming you have an usb updated loader with the fix already, otherwise you will need to replace the main.dol, or play it via an alt-dol, or use a cheat to fix it)

all this was in the massive thread, on the first post. So I don't know why we need this thread also.

This thread is about the fix released by a scene group for information purposes, the other thread was not.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
wtf is a scene group? and how is updating ios53 a fix?

quote from the REAL thread

"ModChip Users:
-Try NeoGamma R8Beta7, which should be able to run the Game without any patches needed (Thanks WiiPower!). ISO MUST BE UNPATCHED!
-Try GeckoOS, and this Cheat File (Thanks to Fenrir). Place it under /codes/, and activate Ocarina in GeckoOS
-Or download and Install IOS53 and your System IOS (3.2-IOS30, 4.0/4.1= IOS60, 4.2=IOS70) and patch them with the Trucha Patch. Use DOP-IOS for this, and play the fixed ISO. You'll need a Wii that is connected to the Internet!"

unless ur a mod chip user, ios53 shouldn't make a difference

all i can see, is that MAYBE some1 is sharing a wad (which is not permitted on this site btw) for IOS53. Which can be gotten legally via nus downloader anyways... and maybe they patched the wad using free the bugs, but you can install a patched version of IOS53 using dop-ios... so i'll say it again... this thread is pointless, but you're heart was in the right place.

xdeadxpoolx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seen some the person that originally ripped NSMBW (kongsnuts or w.e) Get upset because iND "Stole" his release. I laughed and moved on, seems that ppl are still confused about it. iND is NOT a scene group, its only a Tag put on files to let others know the source of the file. iND = Indy = Individual Release

capiti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
wtf is a scene group? and how is updating ios53 a fix?

quote from the REAL thread

"ModChip Users:
-Try NeoGamma R8Beta7, which should be able to run the Game without any patches needed (Thanks WiiPower!). ISO MUST BE UNPATCHED!
-Try GeckoOS, and this Cheat File (Thanks to Fenrir). Place it under /codes/, and activate Ocarina in GeckoOS
-Or download and Install IOS53 and your System IOS (3.2-IOS30, 4.0/4.1= IOS60, 4.2=IOS70) and patch them with the Trucha Patch. Use DOP-IOS for this, and play the fixed ISO. You'll need a Wii that is connected to the Internet!"

unless ur a mod chip user, ios53 shouldn't make a difference

all i can see, is that MAYBE some1 is sharing a wad (which is not permitted on this site btw) for IOS53. Which can be gotten legally via nus downloader anyways... and maybe they patched the wad using free the bugs, but you can install a patched version of IOS53 using dop-ios... so i'll say it again... this thread is pointless, but you're heart was in the right place.

hey, thx for the info. But im tottaly noob when comes to wii soft modding. My wii is the 4.2u. Would u post a link or maybe a fast tutorial in how to change the ios 53 and 70 using these programs?

step by step i mean. I dont want to mess my wii up :X

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning