I think Sony and Microsoft did not expect nintendo to make such move

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
You are right, some girls could have had their boobs surgically removed or they were born mutated without breasts. We must respect those.
That's probably what Aonuma is going for.
Why didn't I think about that earlier!?

On a more serious note:
Really looking forwards to this game, nevermind who the rider is. I wonder how they'll handle the edges of the world compared to Wind Waker. In Wind Waker when you got to the edge of the world the King Of Red Lions would say something and the boat would turn around. Will we come to an edge where our hero will say: "Nope, not going out here, there's no point as the developer didn't create anything of interest out here" or will they solve it some way else?

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Eiji Aonuma: “No one explicitly said that that was Link.”

Is Aonuma a trolling us?

I thought about this, and have a theory.

What if this isn't Link, but Link's son?

Just think about this. This game appears to have a similar cel-shaded (but not toon) style as Skyward Sword. What if this is because its place in the timeline is directly after Skyward Sword, say about two decades later?

What we can gather from the ending of Skyward Sword is that Link and Zelda were now living on the ground as they began to re-establish life for what would become Hyrule, and the romantic tension between those two was obvious from the get-go. In the teaser we saw, there was a whole lot of nothing. The only signs of civilization we saw was a few cottages just hidden over the hill, which makes sense if Hyrule was only just founded a few years ago. The character we saw in that trailer clearly looks like Link, but why would Aonuma suggest it may not be Link, even if it actually was Link? Because the character we saw in the trailer is actually Link and Zelda's son.

Yay or nay to this?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought about this, and have a theory.

What if this isn't Link, but Link's son?

Just think about this. This game appears to have a similar cel-shaded (but not toon) style as Skyward Sword. What if this is because its place in the timeline is directly after Skyward Sword, say about two decades later?

What we can gather from the ending of Skyward Sword is that Link and Zelda were now living on the ground as they began to re-establish life for what would become Hyrule, and the romantic tension between those two was obvious from the get-go. In the teaser we saw, there was a whole lot of nothing. The only signs of civilization we saw was a few cottages just hidden over the hill, which makes sense if Hyrule was only just founded a few years ago. The character we saw in that trailer clearly looks like Link, but why would Aonuma suggest it may not be Link, even if it actually was Link? Because the character we saw in the trailer is actually Link and Zelda's son.

Yay or nay to this?

Dude, you might investigate some more.
IN most ZELDA GAMES LINK IS ANOTHER PERSON.

It's not the same link in every game.
It's a telling of a legend that reapeats itself in different periods of time.
Some are a few hunderd years apart.
There for the hero is mostly a descendant of the hero.
Most of the time Link is presented a young boy, teenager at most.

The zelda legend is not a series told by episodes, they are mostly self contained storys with some refences to each other from time to time.
The idea of Link and Zelda having kids, would permanently Destroy teh saga, as the love between them is what everybody keeps guessing.
Sam is true for the love between Mario, Daisy, Peach.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You are right, some girls could have had their boobs surgically removed or they were born mutated without breasts. We must respect those.

On a more serious note:
Really looking forwards to this game, nevermind who the rider is. I wonder how they'll handle the edges of the world compared to Wind Waker. In Wind Waker when you got to the edge of the world the King Of Red Lions would say something and the boat would turn around. Will we come to an edge where our hero will say: "Nope, not going out here, there's no point as the developer didn't create anything of interest out here" or will they solve it some way else?

You know the world is round right?

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dude, you might investigate some more.
IN most ZELDA GAMES LINK IS ANOTHER PERSON.

It's not the same link in every game.
It's a telling of a legend that reapeats itself in different periods of time.
Some are a few hunderd years apart.
There for the hero is mostly a descendant of the hero.
Most of the time Link is presented a young boy, teenager at most.

The zelda legend is not a series told by episodes, they are mostly self contained storys with some refences to each other from time to time.

I know that, I'm not an idiot :glare:

How could you possibly have gathered that I assumed that all the Zelda games were of the same generation of characters?

You know the world is round right?

Do you not understand how video games work?

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

On a more serious note:

I'm thinking that when it comes to the edge of the map it'll just loop back around to the other side, so you don't even notice the edge.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aonuma-gameplay-zelda-wii-u.png

This game is going to turn out mighty impressive. Dying to see more footage.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tada.. Link with lady bits lol
ALrzzFA.jpg
I definitely believe this game has something to do with WW, Maybe set X amount of years before or after.

Reactions: NahuelDS

Supernovakid

I am not new, I am Royalty
Trophies
XP
Country
LINK IN THE NEW LEGEND OF ZELDA IS CONFIRMED NOT TO BE A GIRL AONUMA TROLLED US, HE IS STILL LINK AS A BOY. It's cool, I like having link. Would have been really cool if that was Link and Zelda's son though. This means that the horse was Epona. Yay! Maybe navi will return too. (crosses fingers)

http://mmgn.com/wiiu/news--that-was-link-in-zelda-wii-u-trailer-aonuma

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
hmmmm lots of the details/patterns look windwake-esqe, might it be based after the flood has ended.....not so up there on zelda lore, but would kinds make sense that there would be much more greenage to the landscape if its based after windwaker with the flood ended. still looks pretty impressive

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmmm lots of the details/patterns look windwake-esqe, might it be based after the flood has ended.....not so up there on zelda lore, but would kinds make sense that there would be much more greenage to the landscape if its based after windwaker with the flood ended. still looks pretty impressive
Did the flood end? I thought at the end of WW, they set sail and found a new land to call Hyrule.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did the flood end? I thought at the end of WW, they set sail and found a new land to call Hyrule.
At the end of WW the original Hyrule gets permanently flooded instead of merely being hidden under the sea and they set sail, but I don't think anything is shown after them setting sail.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well i dont think they would want hyrule flooded indefinitely, i think it was just that hyrule was under the sea but still protected in a sort of bubble...at the end the bubble was removed so at that point the old hyrule would be 'washed away', would kinda make a bit of sense re-releasing windwaker if this was a sort of sequel that they had planned :P

....kinda bible style, flood the world to rid it of evil then remove the flood and start over .......rinse and repeat :rofl:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay