Gaming New Zelda Trailer - Scheduled 2015 Release Date

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Remember when the Wii U sucked?
Yeah, me neither.
The Wii U hasn't stopped sucking. It still barely has anything worth playing unless you're a diehard Nintendo fan. It has next to nothing to appeal to anybody who isn't already a Nintendo fan. Sure, there are some games that might be good coming out in, oh, primarily 2015, but let's face it: unless you already like the Nintendo games of the past, the odds are against you liking the Nintendo games of the now and future. That is why Nintendo needs third parties, and that is why, no matter how good this Zelda game ends up being, it will not propel Wii U sales to where they need to be.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The Wii U hasn't stopped sucking. It still barely has anything worth playing unless you're a diehard Nintendo fan. It has next to nothing to appeal to anybody who isn't already a Nintendo fan. Sure, there are some games that might be good coming out in, oh, primarily 2015, but let's face it: unless you already like the Nintendo games of the past, the odds are against you liking the Nintendo games of the now and future. That is why Nintendo needs third parties, and that is why, no matter how good this Zelda game ends up being, it will not propel Wii U sales to where they need to be.

I know, but people kept arguing about how the Wii U sucked bla bla so now I just feel sorry for them.

D

Dork

The third-parties are definitely needed, but what's with the assertion that only diehard Nintendo fans are interested in the games Nintendo has to offer and not other individuals?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The third-parties are definitely needed, but what's with the assertion that only diehard Nintendo fans are interested in the games Nintendo has to offer and not other individuals?
The sales from the Gamecube generation to now speak volumes for the fact that their sales are only decreasing, with the Wii only selling as well as it did because the casual audience wanted casual games that, at the start of the generation, there were no smartphones that could provide them. At this point, a solid number of first party games have released on the Wii U, none of them necessarily bad, but sales have barely pushed up with each one. That tells me that popularity amongst non-diehard Nintendo fans is decreasing, and in turn, sales are only really being generated by the loyal fans who are still okay with playing the same four or five franchises that have existed for over 20 years.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If they were interested enough... where have they been? Where were they when the Gamecube was around? For the N64?

I think people are definitely interested in Nintendo's games, but without strong enough 3rd party support (like the NES and the SNES) or a concept/gimmick that grabs people's interest (The Wii), it's not enough to get people to buy an entire console. The Wii U still struggles with third parties and the Gamepad clearly hasn't captivated the people's attention, and so here we are today.

The problem is only magnified today when the biggest hits, the one the general public rallies behind, are third party titles (Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, etc.). Online communities are important, so people are going to go where their friends go; for all the Mario and Zelda titles, if Frank's friends all play Call of Duty on the Xbox, that's probably what he's going to buy. Nintendo had the chance to use the Wii U's headstart to build momentum and convince people to jump ship, but seeing how the PS4 and Xbox One are doing, it's probably far too late for that now.

D

Dork

The sales from the Gamecube generation to now speak volumes for the fact that their sales are only decreasing, with the Wii only selling as well as it did because the casual audience wanted casual games that, at the start of the generation, there were no smartphones that could provide them. At this point, a solid number of first party games have released on the Wii U, none of them necessarily bad, but sales have barely pushed up with each one. That tells me that popularity amongst non-diehard Nintendo fans is decreasing, and in turn, sales are only really being generated by the loyal fans who are still okay with playing the same four or five franchises that have existed for over 20 years.

To some extent you may be right, but there is definitely a lot of factors for these diminishing sales. I would say the Gamecube suffered from being completely demolished by the PS2 despite the Gamecube's solid library with both first and third party. The issue with the Wii U may be with the fact that most of the released titles are very niche and may not appeal to every Nintendo fan, that and the fact that Nintendo doesn't fucking market their console outside of the internet. With the release of Mario Kart 8, Wii U sales jumped to very healthy levels. I don't know if those sales will stabilize or it just a fluke and it will plummet, but it's definitely something.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hmmmm lots of the details/patterns look windwake-esqe, might it be based after the flood has ended.....not so up there on zelda lore, but would kinds make sense that there would be much more greenage to the landscape if its based after windwaker with the flood ended. still looks pretty impressive
the flood never ended link and zelda sailed to a new world and started a new. spirit tracks was afterward. but this could be before st you never know with this crazy ass timeline. i'm definitely sure though it is in the adult timeline around the flood era. that tunic gives it away.

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
aonuma-gameplay-zelda-wii-u.png
This game is going to turn out mighty impressive. Dying to see more footage.

I'm sorry, I don't see a UI or anything about this that says that this is "in-game". The most I would claim is that it is "in-engine", in the actual game world. If this can happen in the game without of any kind of scripted event, then Nintendo has managed to advance gaming technology 10 years, and you can color me however you please.

Sorry Aonuma, but I'm not buying your bullshit yet.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm sorry, I don't see a UI or anything about this that says that this is "in-game". The most I would claim is that it is "in-engine", in the actual game world. If this can happen in the game without of any kind of scripted event, then Nintendo has managed to advance gaming technology 10 years, and you can color me however you please.

Scripted gameplay is still gameplay.

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Scripted gameplay is still gameplay.
True, but if they want to impress me, show me real game play. What we saw in that footage is no more than a series of quick-time events at best, and that is not what I expect out of Zelda. If it wasn't even a series of quick-time events, then that means it was 100% scripted footage of who we currently assume is the hero defeating a mid to end-game level enemy from start to finish, something I've never encountered in a Zelda game before. Either one is bad marks for me on this entry in the series already if you want to claim that it is gameplay.

I would much rather them claim that this is in-engine footage on the system than claiming actual gameplay.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
True, but if they want to impress me, show me real game play. What we saw in that footage is no more than a series of quick-time events at best, and that is not what I expect out of Zelda. If it wasn't even a series of quick-time events, then that means it was 100% scripted footage of who we currently assume is the hero defeating a mid to end-game level enemy from start to finish, something I've never encountered in a Zelda game before. Either one is bad marks for me on this entry in the series already if you want to claim that it is gameplay.

I would much rather them claim that this is in-engine footage on the system than claiming actual gameplay.

If they said in-engine though it wouldn't be clear that this is what the game would look like.
Also we have about a year and a half until the game is released, they would want to spread out everything so they just started with some info and a tease.

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If they said in-engine though it wouldn't be clear that this is what the game would look like.
Also we have about a year and a half until the game is released, they would want to spread out everything so they just started with some info and a tease.
While I would tend to agree that it would be more confusing calling it in-engine, I would also like to point out that calling it gameplay is equally if not more-so misleading. If they wanted to show what the game would look like there are plenty of other ways than displaying a tease like this and calling it gameplay.
-EDIT- I like to define gameplay as in game footage along with the assumption that the game is in a semi-playable state. This video fails to alleviate either of those two properties -/EDIT-

Also, I would like to have hope in that the people paying attention to E3 can tell/know the difference between in-engine and gameplay, and thus it wouldn't be confusing to the concerned parties. E3 is aimed towards business people, not the average consumer. If those businessmen can't distinguish between the two terms, I fear for the future of gaming.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

They mentioned it's real gameplay, what more do you want confirmed? It may be someone playing real gameplay, then using debug mode to alter camera angle, slowed down when link jumps up to attack mid air from his horse to make it more dramatic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple