'Life by You' gets new Early Access date

life by you.jpg

Life by You is a "life simulator" game in development by Paradox Tectonic. Today, the developer has, for the second time, pushed back the Early Access date, this time to June. The three-month extension is said to enable the team to refine the visuals for its characters, improve gameplay and minimise bugs. A video message from Rod Humble, general manager of Paradox Tectonic, was aired today for more insight into the date shift:

To have a glimpse of what to expect of Life by You, you can check out the announcement trailer below:

Life by You is a life simulation game. Players can design and live out the lives of the humans that they create in an open game world where everything is customizable. Players create their households, build their homes, and tell life’s many stories. With real language conversation and the ability to switch from third-person to direct control gameplay, players will connect with their humans on an emotional level. A wide variety of Creator Tools and Editors will allow players to tweak every aspect of their experience, allowing them to live life to the fullest - or break the rules as they see fit.

Life by You will be available in Early Access on June 4 via Steam and the Epic Games Store.

:arrow: SOURCE

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Looks like "The Sims" to me. But still cool.
I think it is meant to be a (much more evolved) competitor, same as Cities Skylines is to Sim City.

I don't care for The Sims or similar games, but am glad someone takes them head on. The total cost of the game is insane.

Last edited by pustal,

scoobydude51

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like "The Sims" to me. But still cool.

I think it is meant to be a (much more evolved) competitor, same as Cities Skylines is to Sim City.

I don't care for The Sims or similar games, but am glad someone takes them head. The total cost of the game is insane.

Rod Humble was involved with the Sims 2 and early Sims 3 development (his sim lookalike is the one who gives you the computer when you move in for the first time with a new family). So this game is a spiritual successor to the Sims 2 and Sims 3

Reactions: pustal and BigOnYa

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Have you seen how expensive complete Paradox games are?
Cities Skylinmes with all DLC (61) cost €376,15. Sims 4 with all DLC (76) cost $1,030 (can't be bothered to go look up the prices in euro or CS in dollars, but you can see the magnitude difference). By EA standards, Paradox games are much cheaper.

• Wow
Reactions: Mikemk and BigOnYa

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Nah, The Sims looks way better in all honesty.
This game looks skanky, especially the characters. In a Sims knock-off that's probably a death sentence. Not to mention the reason PDX is giving it the time instead of just kicking it out the door like seemingly everything else these days.

I would've never thought a game getting more development time would worry me, but Paradox has been working really hard for this to become a suspicious turn of events. If THEY know it's not ready... How bad must it REALLY be?

Reactions: SylverReZ

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Stretching my words, are we? Feel free to interpret things as if everyone is an extremist lol.
i didn't mean to call you racist if that's how it came across, sorry. i just think it being called "superfluous representation" is dumb. how is it superfluous representation when it's a public game trailer for a life simulator lol. are devs not allowed to show gameplay clips if the characters are in more than 1 minority group?

kuro0628neko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didn't mean to call you racist if that's how it came across, sorry. i just think it being called "superfluous representation" is dumb. how is it superfluous representation when it's a public game trailer for a life simulator lol. are devs not allowed to show gameplay clips if the characters are in more than 1 minority group?
It's pandering at this point and I think a lot of people are growing tired of it. It's one thing to be inclusive, it's another to be realistic. The black community at large generally frowns upon homosexuality anyway due to having strong Christian roots. This is regardless of region.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto