New Zelda Trailer - Scheduled 2015 Release Date

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by wolfmanz51, Jun 10, 2014.

1. wolfmanz51
    OP

wolfmanz51 MrNintendosense

Nov 24, 2008
    United States
    Somewhere in cali
  2. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    I love the look of it. But I'm not bothered how a Zelda game looks, its all about how it plays and all Zelda games play amazing (minus phantom hourglass, the main temple was a pain in the ass) this will get me to buy a Wii u when its released

3. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    The cel-shaded look still bugs me...
    An option to have either real textures or cel-shaded textures is too much to ask? XD
    Although I really loved Skyward Sword and it's art, I don't really find myself being too fond of cel-shaded art, I am seeing too much of it and it's getting on my nerves :/

4. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    Bit in two minds at the moment: clearly there's a long way to go too... The vista, and scenery in general looks superb, but that enemy, and Link himself look shite - some cross between Skyward Sword Link (meh & eyeliner) and a chav.... Is that fight scene scripted or random? ...If random does that bridge stay smashed, etc etc... too early to judge this one, but we've got a first look, and that'll do for now!

5. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    System seller if done properly.

6. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Fucking gorgeous. I have it set as my desktop~

Chary, NahuelDS and Hielkenator like this.
  7. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Hielkenator and heartgold like this.
  8. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    There's a difference between "moody and atmospheric" and "stupidly grimdark." If I wanted the Darksiders aesthetic, I'd go to the local Hot Topic and buy some Disturbed shirts.

>Anime-ish
    >BEAUTIFUL

ehhhhh.

My problem with the Skyward Sword/Zelda Wii U style is that it's kind of flat and plastic-looking, especially when it comes to faces (Link's eyes sorta look like they could peel off like stickers). It's just this weird hybrid of the styles of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess and it just ends up lacking the strengths of either.

We'll need to see more before we can say anything definitively. At the very least, though, I hope they crank down the bloom. What's the point of creating all this luscious scenery if you're going to drown it under all that obnoxious lighting?

AceWarhead likes this.
  9. Tigran

Tigran GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Just to point out.. and ignoring Gahars...

That may not even be Link we see in that trailer.

10. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey

Wow, you sure showed me for... respectfully disagreeing about the art style?

Damn, son, you're on fire.

11. Tigran

Tigran GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Damn straight I am.... Now if I could only put it out! *rolls on the floor screaming in agony!*

12. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Iono, to me it looks better than Wind Waker and Twilight's art style. See I come from this mindset, that when I'm playing a Zelda game, I like to see lots of color. Which is probably why I like the original titles so much, and Wind Waker. But at the same time, I also like the more realistic-ish look (without over doing it like Twilight) like say in Ocarina of Time.

Yeah the bloom is a bit much (I personally don't mind it, I'd rather the bloom over the blurry effect in Skyward Sword), but who knows, maybe there's a day and night cycle like there was in Ocarina of Time.

13. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Except Twilight Princess had plenty of color, it was just smartly used. The color of Hyrule was used to contrast with the Twilight Realm and sell the gloomy atmosphere. It's also pretty stylized, but the style fits the world the game is trying to create. Skyward Sword's style is just sort of garish, and kind of ill-fitting for the sort of "grand adventure" tale.

To be fair, it looks better in screenshots, but the bloom really kills it in motion. There's a lot of nice little details, but if you can't make them out, what was the point?

14. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Very interesting.

15. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California

If you're going to replicate something, replicate the best. Nintendo has done good with this.

16. VinsCool

VinsCool Absconditus

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    So beautiful :O I want it right now ! :D

17. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    I better not hear complaints over cel shading after wind waker....

ForteGospel likes this.
  18. p3rand0r

p3rand0r Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2014
    Albania
    On the ⌨
    i wonder how the dungeons will be like in a open world like this? :unsure:

19. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    that's the right thing to do. it should be mandatory for the whole site to add him to their ignore list including himself. i know my life is better without the little Unphuny TROLL-tard :P

20. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    What, you're not down with the sickness?

You're right, we do need to see more. We've only seen a small amount of the game so far; for all we know, moody and atmospheric could feature quite a lot in the rest of it. I certainly think that the art style they've chosen wouldn't restrict them in that sense.

One thing I do wish for is a proper voice for every character in the game, especially Zelda and Ganondorf. I'm sick of Nintendo games using gibberish or single words for entire sections of dialog like "Listen!", "Ah!", "Oy!" and so on. Pay some good money for decent voice acting for a change, Nintendo! Skyward Sword had a very small "cast", so it could have been really easy with that game. This has really started to irk me lately, even more so with Mario games, it feels really lazy. No offence to Charles Martinet, but sometimes I feel that his voice is holding Mario back (because it would be really annoying to listen to him trying to say longer phrases).