New WiiZii Mod Chip

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by EnigmaXtreme, Jan 16, 2009.

Jan 16, 2009

New WiiZii Mod Chip by EnigmaXtreme at 4:54 PM (1,777 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. EnigmaXtreme
    OP

Member EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    *drool*

Edit- Ok it looks like this thing is apparently fake, sorry for getting anyone hopes up

2. alucard77

Member alucard77 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am going to take the wait and see on this to see if it is real. May not even be real. I wonder if you can use this in conjuction with the wiikey.

I only really want this for the Hard Drive element. All my other systems run of off the hard drive and it is great that way.

3. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    OMG, why does this forum need proof! IT IS REAL!!

4. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Hmmm, Looks interesting.

5. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    So this chip has a SATA port, not an eSATA port. This leads me to immediate questions--how is the external drive supposed to be powered? I don't imagine the Wii is drawing enough power to power an external harddrive, especially of the 3.5" variety. Only 2.5" hard drives are able to draw power from the USB bus on a PC, but even if used with this WiiZii, it still needs that power source. Where is it? Can the drive be hotswapped? Do you have to completely turn off the Wii to pull the harddrive to put more ISO's on it? Will there be support for ripping discs to the harddrive?

Etc, etc, etc. I'm not calling fake or anything silly like that, I just want more tangible information.

6. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    I hope you can shut the drive-chip-part off. I have a YAOSM in there and would like to keep it that way. But I also want games form HDD.

Edit:
    hmm reading the post on wiinewz its probably fake. [​IMG]