EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MaxConsoles said:
Plug & Play WiiZii mod brings external HDD support to Wii and super fast ISO loading!!!

The incredibly savvy Matrix team has exclusively lifted the lid on their upcoming product - the WiiZii! The Matrix WiiZii is a completely solderless plug and play modification which works on ALL Wii versions. Once installed, the WiiZii allows you to do all the things you'd expect from a Wii modification device but brings with it one incredibly special feature - the ability to connect an external HARD DISK DRIVE drive (via SATA) and enjoy super quick loading of ISO and homebrew files on the Wii. But thats not all, this intelligent pice of kit also comes with 2MBit of memory and its firmware can easily be updated in the future. Some might say this is all just to Easy, we mean WiiZii! Click the image below to see a WiiZii prototype installed into the Wii. More details will follow next week!

http://www.maxconsole.net/content_img/mc_mwiizii.jpg

*drool*

Edit- Ok it looks like this thing is apparently fake, sorry for getting anyone hopes up

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to take the wait and see on this to see if it is real. May not even be real. I wonder if you can use this in conjuction with the wiikey.

I only really want this for the Hard Drive element. All my other systems run of off the hard drive and it is great that way.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So this chip has a SATA port, not an eSATA port. This leads me to immediate questions--how is the external drive supposed to be powered? I don't imagine the Wii is drawing enough power to power an external harddrive, especially of the 3.5" variety. Only 2.5" hard drives are able to draw power from the USB bus on a PC, but even if used with this WiiZii, it still needs that power source. Where is it? Can the drive be hotswapped? Do you have to completely turn off the Wii to pull the harddrive to put more ISO's on it? Will there be support for ripping discs to the harddrive?

Etc, etc, etc. I'm not calling fake or anything silly like that, I just want more tangible information.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hope you can shut the drive-chip-part off. I have a YAOSM in there and would like to keep it that way. But I also want games form HDD.

Edit:
hmm reading the post on wiinewz its probably fake.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again