Hacking NEW VC INJECTOR :)

Treflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for this tool!
biggrin.gif

I can finally inject my toad's tool edited super mario 64 rom and it works perfectly. great job!

Treflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About majora's mask emulation- you could try injecting it into Ocarina of Time because, AFAIK they share the same engine so it might be a better emulator.

edit: Don't hold me to it!

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blueoakleyz said:
Is the reason an N64 (or other system's game) injection might not work because the virtual console game doesn't include a complete "virtual n64"? In other words each VC game comes with its own emulator right? Could Nintendo just not be putting the unnecessary programming?

I thought I would chime in on this one. This is EXACTLY what the issue is with n64 games. To those not familiar with emulation, the processing power required to emulate a full-fledged system is generally X5 or more the power of the real system in question. To put it bluntly, the wii isn't powerful enough / doesn't have enough memory/ ect... to emulate a full fledged n64 and all of it's calls at 100% speed, without any hacks. This is the same reason the n64 emulator you can run from the homebrew channel is so slow.

So in essence, each n64 vc release has a "emulator" tailor made for it, optimizing it's calls to the fullest to get around resource limitations. This is also why new n64 vc releases are so few and far between... unlike other titles the nintendo team has to do some actual work to release them.

Unfortunately, with the n64 games we pretty much can't inject anything and expect it to work 100%, unless we inject a prequel to a game that uses the same engine, or a sequel that doesn't add any new features to the engine. Most games aren't gonna boot at all.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to do this now and I'm having a bit of trouble. I downloaded this and put it on my desktop and named the folder VC. Then, I put common-key.bin in that same folder. Next, I put my wad in my VC folder and named it game.wad. After that, I made a new folder named gamefolder inside the VC folder. I then put my ROM file in there. It looks like this: VC\gamefolder\MM.z64. Then I go to the command prompt and type this: Desktop\VC\vc.exe game.wad gamefolder. It says this: WAD file not found or can't be opened! and makes me close the application. What am I doing wrong?

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
I'm trying to do this now and I'm having a bit of trouble. I downloaded this and put it on my desktop and named the folder VC. Then, I put common-key.bin in that same folder. Next, I put my wad in my VC folder and named it game.wad. After that, I made a new folder named gamefolder inside the VC folder. I then put my ROM file in there. It looks like this: VC\gamefolder\MM.z64. Then I go to the command prompt and type this: Desktop\VC\vc.exe game.wad gamefolder. It says this: WAD file not found or can't be opened! and makes me close the application. What am I doing wrong?

switch folders to the folder with the rom in it first. the way you do it, it is looking at the wrong folder since you didn't give a path with the game.wad.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Arakon said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:

switch folders to the folder with the rom in it first. the way you do it, it is looking at the wrong folder since you didn't give a path with the game.wad.

I typed: Desktop\VC\vc.exe gamefolder game.wad. I still get the same error.

Sperion

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
Arakon said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:

I typed: Desktop\VC\vc.exe gamefolder game.wad. I still get the same error.

try
cd desktop\vc
vc.exe game.wad gamefolder

DevilKen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Put things in a folder like C:\VC

If you start using folders like C:\Documents and settings\users\blabla\desktop you will probably get bad results.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
I thought I would chime in on this one. This is EXACTLY what the issue is with n64 games. To those not familiar with emulation, the processing power required to emulate a full-fledged system is generally X5 or more the power of the real system in question. To put it bluntly, the wii isn't powerful enough / doesn't have enough memory/ ect... to emulate a full fledged n64 and all of it's calls at 100% speed, without any hacks. This is the same reason the n64 emulator you can run from the homebrew channel is so slow.

The Wii is enough to emulate a N64 without real problems (have enough rom to load the rom, have enough cpu power, etc... It works pretty fine for most games on a XBOX 1 which have less cpu power than the Wii, same amount of ram, and the fact it's coded by homebrew coders. Nintendo have the whole datas of his Nintendo 64, and should be used to program on it so if they can't do better than homebrew coders, that would be hilarous), it's just that Nintendo probably don't make a standalone emulator for a reason.

When you program an emulator, most of the time, when you fix a bug, you create some others bugs, etc... So it's easier for them to do a version for each game. For the NES, SNES and others, they don't really care because they are lot of good N/SNES PC emulators sources on the web (Snes9x for SNES for example), so they can always use them.

And they often do it. Like they put a patent for the scaling method of PocketNes (and PocketNes was released far before the patent of Nintendo).

There's also some compilations of Jaleco which are using "Pocketnes".

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
what's speaking against that?
try using comix zone, if that fails use story of thor (3 MB rom, Haunting is only 2 MB) or my PSIV inject (3 MB rom, largest 3 MB rom for genesis).

DevilKen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just want to say that I have no possibility from this point on to update the program since I'm moving to another flat without the Wii (it's from my parents).

Just for if you were waiting
wink.gif

masud

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Is it possible to inject a nes rom bigger than the one contained in the wad? I know it is possible in snes wads and maybe in n64... I need this to inject roms bigger than 256 kbytes on my super mario bros 2 lost levels wad as this is the bigger 60hz wad running on pal consoles. Maybe DevilKen can look at this wad even he is not updating his util, i don't mind replacing the roms by hand if someone finds the way. Thanks in advance!

DevilKen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know how to do it, because in NES wads, rom is inside 01.app file (with the emulator). But with SNES and N64, is on another app.

I don't know how to manage 01.app structure to change files size. That's why the roms can't be bigger than the one of the original wad.

Yoshi Party

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi,

I just want to thank you
grog.gif

I can play now my Mario64-Hack on Wii^^
->watch the videos on youtube
Super Mario 64(2) by FeYoshiParty

do you have an Idea, what the guy could have changed on the op-codes to make goldeneye running on vc?
I looked the asm with IDA Pro-Debugger, but I couldn't find anything special-.-
The same goes for my next best favorite game gex3->I thought it would run, if I just remove the controller pack check at the beginning...
Hopefully these and games like Conker, Donkey Kong, Majora, Diddy Kong or Banjoo will run one time on VC...

PS:
There are rumors that a guy named nitroux or something like that(lol forgot the name^^) is working on an ISO-Loader
wink.gif

RPGlover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi
i cant get any injected wad to work. i dunno why. for example: i inject final fantasy II (snes) into DKC2 pal with the auto injector and it works perfekt and if i'm trying the same thing with the new injector, i always get a black screen after the classic controller message. it's the same with any game which worked for me with the auto injector.
i tried it with vista ultimate and win xp home.

any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare