New to R4, Not Flash-Carts

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by nintendojack, Nov 25, 2010.

Nov 25, 2010
  1. nintendojack
    OP

Newcomer nintendojack Newbie

United States
    Ok, I sold my Acekard 2i and now plan on getting an R4i since it's cheaper and pretty much does the same thing for less, plus a bigger support than the acekard. So what should I download, is there a special Moonshell for the R4, is there anything I should do to my roms (homebrew and retail games). If I helps I plan on buying a no-name brand micro sd card and this r4 card. I was a fan of the Acekard All In One so if there is anything like that for the r4 that would be great.

Thanks,
    NintendoJack

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Wait wait wait wait what?

1 - AKAIO is one of the top firmwares, still getting constant updates, and it can play some games without updates that Wood users have to wait on updates for.
    2 - Wood R4 is mainly for the original R4, the only DSi R4 cart that can use it properly is the R4i Gold (the one from shoptemp).
    3 - That cart you picked out can't use Wood, so you're going to get WORSE support, not better!

Whoever told you to do this is fucking stupid, what you're doing makes no sense. Selling a better more expensive cart you already have in order to buy a cheaper cart that does less? I mean the difference is six bucks at the most, and shipping and depreciation (of the acekard's resell value) will get rid of that difference.

It's an exercise in futility.

You've fucked up, go back with the acekard (or the R4i gold since it's the card with Wood support, if a difference of four bucks matters).

3. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    There's Wood.... but it doesn't work on the card you're looking at.

Anyway, let me see if I got this straight:
    You were a fan of AKAIO, but sold your AceKard2i... because the R4i clone is cheaper, which is most likely a net-loss on your part (AK2i cost + resale price - R4i cost... so we'll say $-15 + $10 - $10 = $-15, I say $10 resale price because if someone spends more than $10 on a use AceKard2i, they're a fool) in both price and functionality.
    Awesome.

4. nintendojack
    OP

Newcomer nintendojack Newbie

United States
    Well I sold my Acekard for $50 with a 4GB microsd, need money to legaly buy games, though might just get another Acekard, teehee, thanks you guys.

5. GreatCrippler

Member GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

United States
    Obvious troll is obvious. Sheesh guys.

6. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Did you at least use lube before you fucked yourself in the ass?

7. Infinite Zero

Member Infinite Zero Almost!

United States
    The best thing that you could do to that R4i is burn it.

8. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    You're either bullshitting or know some stupid people.
    An AceKard2i + 4GB MicroSD is closer to $30 now, and even a while back was closer to $40 than $50.

I'm leaning towards bullshitting because why would you buy another flashcart if you sold your flashcart for legal games?
    But whatever, your story... you can tell it however you like.