Hacking New to R4, Not Flash-Carts

nintendojack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I sold my Acekard 2i and now plan on getting an R4i since it's cheaper and pretty much does the same thing for less, plus a bigger support than the acekard. So what should I download, is there a special Moonshell for the R4, is there anything I should do to my roms (homebrew and retail games). If I helps I plan on buying a no-name brand micro sd card and this r4 card. I was a fan of the Acekard All In One so if there is anything like that for the r4 that would be great.

Thanks,
NintendoJack

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Wait wait wait wait what?

1 - AKAIO is one of the top firmwares, still getting constant updates, and it can play some games without updates that Wood users have to wait on updates for.
2 - Wood R4 is mainly for the original R4, the only DSi R4 cart that can use it properly is the R4i Gold (the one from shoptemp).
3 - That cart you picked out can't use Wood, so you're going to get WORSE support, not better!

Whoever told you to do this is fucking stupid, what you're doing makes no sense. Selling a better more expensive cart you already have in order to buy a cheaper cart that does less? I mean the difference is six bucks at the most, and shipping and depreciation (of the acekard's resell value) will get rid of that difference.

It's an exercise in futility.

You've fucked up, go back with the acekard (or the R4i gold since it's the card with Wood support, if a difference of four bucks matters).

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nintendojack said:
Ok, I sold my Acekard 2i and now plan on getting an R4i since it's cheaper and pretty much does the same thing for less,lol

nintendojack said:
plus a bigger support than the acekard.BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

nintendojack said:
So what should I download, is there a special Moonshell for the R4,
Sometimes.
There's a few R4 clones out there that come with a gimped version of Moonshell that cannot be updated.

QUOTE(nintendojack @ Nov 25 2010, 02:19 AM)
is there anything I should do to my roms (homebrew and retail games). If I helps I plan on buying a no-name brand micro sd card and this r4 card. I was a fan of the Acekard All In One so if there is anything like that for the r4 that would be great.

Thanks,
NintendoJack
There's Wood.... but it doesn't work on the card you're looking at.

Anyway, let me see if I got this straight:
You were a fan of AKAIO, but sold your AceKard2i... because the R4i clone is cheaper, which is most likely a net-loss on your part (AK2i cost + resale price - R4i cost... so we'll say $-15 + $10 - $10 = $-15, I say $10 resale price because if someone spends more than $10 on a use AceKard2i, they're a fool) in both price and functionality.
Awesome.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nintendojack said:
Well I sold my Acekard for $50 with a 4GB microsd, need money to legaly buy games, though might just get another Acekard, teehee, thanks you guys.
You're either bullshitting or know some stupid people.
An AceKard2i + 4GB MicroSD is closer to $30 now, and even a while back was closer to $40 than $50.

I'm leaning towards bullshitting because why would you buy another flashcart if you sold your flashcart for legal games?
But whatever, your story... you can tell it however you like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...