New to 3ds flash carts

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jutty0069, Feb 26, 2015.

1. jutty0069
    OP

jutty0069 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2007
    Hi all,

I used to use a CycloDS with the original DS loved it. But haven't followed the scene with 3ds. I'm now going to buy a 3DS what would you guys suggest on my research so far it seems to come down to Sky3ds or Gateway.

I'm just wanting to play single play offline games i'm imagining if this helps.

Cheers

2. LinkmstrYT

LinkmstrYT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    You wanted to see where I live? You stalker...
    If you get a Old3DS/New3DS with firmwares 9.2 or below, get Gateway. However, if you get a New3DS, you will have to WAIT for Gateway to release an update for the New3DS, but for the Old3DS you don't have to wait. But you will get tons of features like region-free, .cia installation (DLC, themes, updates, etc.), homebrew support, play modified roms (undubs, fan-translations, mods, etc.), EmuNAND, Multi-rom menu, etc.

If you get a Old3DS/New3DS with firmwares 9.3 or above, get Sky3DS (blue button). You don't have to wait for anything and Sky3DS works on firmwares 9.2 and below. However, you won't get any of the features that Gateway has and you can only play roms that are part of the same region as your 3DS. So if your 3DS is from Europe, then you can only play EUR 3DS roms. There is regionthree that you can use for "region-free" but it won't work for all games like Majora's Mask 3D and I think it only works on the Old3DS.

Simple as that.

jutty0069 likes this.
  3. the3dsguy

the3dsguy GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2014
    Canada
    just called multiple places, NO STOCK OF SKY3DS EVERYWHERE! WTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH