Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

mees190

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xxquatroxx said:
New Super Mario Bros is finaly working with the dvd on a softmod without a chip / hardmod and without a external hardrive!

Is working with every backup / iso and on every Firmware!

So scrubbed versions are working!
Also fixed en patched versions are working.

you don't need to use a alternet dol.

and you don;t have to delete the update within the game

What do you need to get this working:

cios 38 rev 15
cios 222 v4 (for uloader 3.0)
uloader 3.1 (u need 3.1, lower doesn't work, remember, tho you are using this usb loader you dont need to have a external hdd)

any copy of New super mario bros works.

here is the download: http://www.mediafire.com/?d2ndzmjwazz (i used this download on a PAL wii edition i dont know about NTSC editions)

order of installation:

first install cios 38 rev 15 and then install cios 222 v4. Then reboot your wii and start through HBC the uloader 3.1.
Once you've started uloader 3.1 press the 2 button on your wii mote to start the dvd function.

one the dvd function is started you can edit the config menu. click on config!
select cios 249 en click on OK! and start the game.

A lot of game fun folks!

and its about bloody f*cking time too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS WORKS =] i played it on my dvd without crashes
wink.gif

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will like to confirm that the NTSC version which i have my hands on the retail disc has the same error issues in loaders, you will have to wait for a revised hack for the ntsc version for usb loaders to play it.. and no the alt dol trick with edit wont work either... the copydate time and date are different from the pal version as well.. no cios 15 wont fix it and the current pal fix wont do anything.. you jsut have to wait for a ntsc patch to come for loaders..

chicaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I go into USB loader, I get "ERROR! (ret = -1)" or something like that. When I go into Neogamma, it doesn't mount the wbfs. I'm kinda new and don't really understand this well. Can anyone help me out? My SD should be in WBFS already...

i bought 2 SD FYI! both also same problem

broksonic

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont see what all the fuss is with this game. Ok it's great for children but not really a game for people over the age of 16

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
FlygonPKMN said:
Jeeez mees.
Its likeyou justjoined a few minutes ago to post your post.
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
You talking to me? I've been asleep all night y'know, and I think it's v5406, but I'm not sure because WiiBrew is down...Which wouldn't help anyway...^^

EDIT: There's someone called mees 0_o

Kajun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xxquatroxx said:
New Super Mario Bros is finaly working with the dvd on a softmod without a chip / hardmod and without a external hardrive!

Is working with every backup / iso and on every Firmware!

So scrubbed versions are working!
Also fixed en patched versions are working.

you don't need to use a alternet dol.

and you don;t have to delete the update within the game

What do you need to get this working:

cios 38 rev 15
cios 222 v4 (for uloader 3.0)
uloader 3.1 (u need 3.1, lower doesn't work, remember, tho you are using this usb loader you dont need to have a external hdd)

any copy of New super mario bros works.

here is the download: http://www.mediafire.com/?d2ndzmjwazz (i used this download on a PAL wii edition i dont know about NTSC editions)

order of installation:

first install cios 38 rev 15 and then install cios 222 v4. Then reboot your wii and start through HBC the uloader 3.1.
Once you've started uloader 3.1 press the 2 button on your wii mote to start the dvd function.

one the dvd function is started you can edit the config menu. click on config!
select cios 249 en click on OK! and start the game.

I have:
- Wii firmware 4.1E using Safe updater
- 1st gen Wiikey clone (prone to all 001 and 002 errors)
- homebrew installed
- CIOS249 rev14 installed

I couldn't get NSMB Wii to run using Neogamma R8 -- a green screen pops up shortly, and the Wii reboots. So I did the following:
- installed cIOS222v4
- installed uLoader 3.1
- Selected cIOS222v4 to run the game from DVD

It works; I did not need cIOS249 rev15.

Oddly enough, I can't get Wii Sports Resort to run in any way.

Conclusion: Although Neogamma R8 will run NSMB Wii for most modchip users, it does not for some (probably those with a crappy modchip like me). In that case the Hermes' IOS (cIOS222v4) and ULoader 3.1 are a viable alternative, or at least, worth trying out.

derrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
TroyTheZombie said:
your choice at the moment really. if a game ever requires an updated IOS file, you could always just install that specific one.

but, there really is no harm in updating (safely, not through nintendo, don't ever do that, lol)

You'd be able to load VC and wiiware games via SD card, which is a nice feature if you have a use for it.

PS. I noticed your looking for channel wads for your emus, click the link in my sig, it may be some help.

Hey cheers for the reply. Forgot to add my Wii is a Pal version.

Anyway, I remembered that I needed to play around with the "load game" settings in the USB loader to get it to work as well. With everything on default, I get a black screen after loading the game.

Just thought this might be useful to others.

D.

Haha, just realised I am still under "Newcomers" despite lurking around for years.. oh well, if time permits, I will try to post more =p

G55ONDh

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys ... please help. I have a Soft modded wii 4.0E with CIOS38 rev 13a and neo gamma R7 ... when i put mario in through DVD it cant read it ... please help a noob like me
frown.gif

El-Grosso

Trophies
XP
Country
G55ONDh said:
Hey guys ... please help. I have a Soft modded wii 4.0E with CIOS38 rev 13a and neo gamma R7 ... when i put mario in through DVD it cant read it ... please help a noob like me
frown.gif

doesn't work for softmodders yet

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
El-Grosso said:
G55ONDh said:
frown.gif

doesn't work for softmodders yet

Actually it does. Use cIOS rev15 and uLoader 3.1.

Mopel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Blue-K said:
ModChip Users:
-Try NeoGamma R8Beta7, which should be able to run the Game without any patches needed (Thanks WiiPower!). ISO MUST BE UNPATCHED!
-Try GeckoOS, and this Cheat File (Thanks to Fenrir). Place it under /codes/, and activate Ocarina in GeckoOS

DO I NEED cIOS for using GECKO OS, or can I just install HBC and launch GECKO OS??? plz help i have a wii4.1e with wiikey v1!

megadeoxys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I used the DOP IOS method when i had 3.2 and didnt trucha patch it cause i didnt know how.
Now i have 4.2 from the guide, and it dosent brick my wii anymore but the wii dosent read the disc, and gecko runs it in black and white.
What should i do?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Mopel said:
Blue-K said:
ModChip Users:
-Try NeoGamma R8Beta7, which should be able to run the Game without any patches needed (Thanks WiiPower!). ISO MUST BE UNPATCHED!
-Try GeckoOS, and this Cheat File (Thanks to Fenrir). Place it under /codes/, and activate Ocarina in GeckoOS

DO I NEED cIOS for using GECKO OS, or can I just install HBC and launch GECKO OS??? plz help i have a wii4.1e with wiikey v1!

If you have HBC already on the Wii and you can run GeckoOS and you have a modchip, then just pop in the unpatched burned iso and start geckoos and play
that's what i did (after placing the cheatcode in the codes dir etc...)

Mopel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have nothing installed yet, because i wanna know before if its necesseray to patch cIOS or IOS.
i dont know nothing about the whole cIOS,IOS or anything else. so i wanna make sure that i dont have to mess with these...

G55ONDh

Trophies
XP
Country
i updated to Cios rev 15 and i have neogamma R8 beta7 ... i tried to install cios 222 for u loader and basically it does not install even though my internet connection is good .... so i went to this site and installed it this way http://adewii.wordpress.com/2009/07/23/how...on-of-cios-222/ . Uloader was installed .. i placed the NSMB patched dvd in and it says dvd read error 1 .... ANYTHING I CAN DO TO FIX THIS ??????

ride281

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a modded wii (drivekey). When i try to run the game, the wii reboots when i press start. I see so many solutions, but nobody has the same chip as me. Can somebody please give me some pointers? Thank you!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A type of fish