Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

booklive101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steveo581 said:
with uloader 3.1 with cios 15, will other backups still work or just nsmb?

Yes I tried raving rabbids go home and mario winter olympic games and they both work on the uloader...didn't try on other games
So for now Neogamma r7 is no good with cios 15.

So two options for softmod dvd boot up:
Play NSMB: uloader 3.1 and cios 15
Don't play NSMB: cios 14 and NeoGamma r7

Klarkykat

Trophies
XP
Country
CrimsoniteX said:
Back off topic, I didn't say Wii owners are poor. I have a Wii. I also have a 360 and PS3. Not trying to brag, just trying to dismiss the assumption you have of me being a fanboy. It doesn't take away from the fact that what I said is true. If you only own a Wii, you either cannot afford another console (nothing wrong with that), or you mistakenly believe that the Wii is best for hardcore gaming. It may not be what you want to hear, but it is irrefutably true nonetheless.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Wii, and I do not regret buying it. It has it's place, unfortunately (this generation at least) that is not as a real competitor for the PC, 360, or PS3. I'm pretty sure Nintendo said the same thing at one point or another.

I'm sorry, but what a load of wank. I have both a wii and xbox 360. I'm just fed up with the amount of boring mindless barrage of samey shooters and the like. It's nothing to do with affording either consoles. My xbox 360 still bores me. I cannot for the life of me get sucked into playing call of duty or halo online. I've bought so many games for it and they just don't seem to have the great creative spark i still find on games for the wii (Maybe Braid being the exception). It just doesn't interest me. Nothing to do with "affording" the console at all.

Back on topic: This game is amazing. Finished it the other night with friends
tongue.gif
. Tense and Awesome.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
booklive101 said:
steveo581 said:
with uloader 3.1 with cios 15, will other backups still work or just nsmb?

Yes I tried raving rabbids go home and mario winter olympic games and they both work on the uloader...didn't try on other games
So for now Neogamma r7 is no good with cios 15.

So two options for softmod dvd boot up:
Play NSMB: uloader 3.1 and cios 15
Don't play NSMB: cios 14 and NeoGamma r7
Rabbids go home is lol. Just the loading screens and the mini cut-scenes are hilarious.

Grendel23

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since the NTSC users appear to be speaking up more lately, I just wanted to repeat an issue I've had with every PAL version I've tried- I can get the game to boot without any problems, but every time I touch a coin, I get a terrible screeching noise instead of the normal coin sound. After hitting too many of them, the game will lock up. I could theoretically make it through the game fine if I could avoid all coins, but that's obviously an impossibility. I'm on a virgin 4.2U that I softmodded using the simplistic guide given elsewhere on this board. I've never had a problem with any other NTSC game. This is my first attempt at playing a PAL game so I can't think that it's a coincidence. I'm guessing that my problem (any many others) will clear up once I can get my hands on the actual NTSC release.

An interesting point is that the crashing occurs when I use the component cables and have the game go through my receiver. When I use the composite cable directly into my tv, I still get the screeching noise for every coin, but the game won't lock up. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Cheers!

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Grendel23 said:
Since the NTSC users appear to be speaking up more lately, I just wanted to repeat an issue I've had with every PAL version I've tried- I can get the game to boot without any problems, but every time I touch a coin, I get a terrible screeching noise instead of the normal coin sound. After hitting too many of them, the game will lock up. I could theoretically make it through the game fine if I could avoid all coins, but that's obviously an impossibility. I'm on a virgin 4.2U that I softmodded using the simplistic guide given elsewhere on this board. I've never had a problem with any other NTSC game. This is my first attempt at playing a PAL game so I can't think that it's a coincidence. I'm guessing that my problem (any many others) will clear up once I can get my hands on the actual NTSC release.

An interesting point is that the crashing occurs when I use the component cables and have the game go through my receiver. When I use the composite cable directly into my tv, I still get the screeching noise for every coin, but the game won't lock up. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Cheers!
EDITED:
Screeching sounds? At least you can get in-game, most of the others can't get further than the green garbled screen XD
EDITED: Speel chuck fayel D:<
Oh, and since we've nothing but time on our hands, how's about getting this mess up to date?: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...patibility_List

Smashchu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smashchu said:
Hey, I have a few questions concerning the game. I plan on buying it, but I have a hacked Wii, so here are my questions.

1)Is the update with the game 4.1 or 4.2?
2)If it is 4.1, and I update me Wii via homebrew, can I get the update the game has with no trouble, or could it still mess up my Wii?
3)Can I use the Backup Launcher to load the game without a forced update?
4)Any thing else I should know?

Thanks in advance!
Sorry to quote this, but can help me?

Roxasorg13

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
xxquatroxx said:
New Super Mario Bros is finaly working with the dvd on a softmod without a chip / hardmod and without a external hardrive!

Is working with every backup / iso and on every Firmware!

So scrubbed versions are working!
Also fixed en patched versions are working.

you don't need to use a alternet dol.

and you don;t have to delete the update within the game

What do you need to get this working:

cios 38 rev 15
cios 222 v4 (for uloader 3.0)
uloader 3.1 (u need 3.1, lower doesn't work, remember, tho you are using this usb loader you dont need to have a external hdd)

any copy of New super mario bros works.

here is the download: http://www.mediafire.com/?d2ndzmjwazz (i used this download on a PAL wii edition i dont know about NTSC editions)

order of installation:

first install cios 38 rev 15 and then install cios 222 v4. Then reboot your wii and start through HBC the uloader 3.1.
Once you've started uloader 3.1 press the 2 button on your wii mote to start the dvd function.

one the dvd function is started you can edit the config menu. click on config!
select cios 249 en click on OK! and start the game.

A lot of game fun folks!

and its about bloody f*cking time too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can you be more specific on your tutorial..
cuz i still getting a black screen...
^^

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smashchu said:
Smashchu said:
Hey, I have a few questions concerning the game. I plan on buying it, but I have a hacked Wii, so here are my questions.

1)Is the update with the game 4.1 or 4.2?
2)If it is 4.1, and I update me Wii via homebrew, can I get the update the game has with no trouble, or could it still mess up my Wii?
3)Can I use the Backup Launcher to load the game without a forced update?
4)Any thing else I should know?

Thanks in advance!
Sorry to quote this, but can help me?

1. 4.2 I think. You can use Waninkoko's 4.2 updater to avoid this, however.
2. See #1
3. Yeah, you should be able to. I think you can use NeoGamma R8 (I forget which beta) to launch it. Or just run it through the disc channel
4. Not really. Retail copies run fine. All the issues are about backup copies, but even then most of them are being rounded out. The only medium left to be cracked is CIOSCORP, otherwise you can run it on both hard and/or softmodded Wii's, with both discs and USB.

Nickman99

Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
ModChip Users:
-Try NeoGamma R8Beta7, which should be able to run the Game without any patches needed (Thanks WiiPower!). ISO MUST BE UNPATCHED!
I have a wiikey 1 modchip.
I have burnt a disc with an unpatched NSMB.
I've installed "IOS249-v14.wad".
I run the game with "NeoGamma R8Beta7".
And I get "The disc could not be read. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for details".

Whats wrong?

creativ

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
CuriousG said:
creativ said:
hey
when i try to start nsmbw on configurable usb loader (with an usb stick Fat32)
unpatched

there comes a failure , that i must read the handbook from wii and turn my wii off

the way with the patch, i dont understand
i can not follow the ways, and i dont want to patch the iso

and i want too it to play with my usb stick in fat 32 mode

here are some details from my wii :
cIOS : rev 14 (waninkoko) and hermes rev 4
wii system : 3.2 E
Softmod : YES
Modchip : NO

if anyone knows a solution please tell me

thx
and sorry for my bad english im from germany
You need to make sure error 002 is on for that particular game if it isn't set as a global option.
i set it as global option for that game , but the same error comes
creativ

i hope anyone can write a other solution or way to get the game to work

Trinity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
brainwabrain said:
Trinity said:
Hey guys, sorry for this extremely noob question, but im a little confused with this.

QUOTE said:
6) Search and modify to 4e 80 00 20 from 0x1ab750 to 0x1ab753 in main.dol and save.

I have extracted the dol file, opened it in a hex editor and found 4e 80 00 20 but I dont understand what this is telling me to do. What do I change those numbers to? and where is 0x1ab750?
blink.gif
I interpret this as "at address location 0x1ab750 through location 0x1ab753 put in 4e 80 00 20". In case you don't know, 0x just means Hex address.

Thanks for that.

When I put it in my wii it gives me a black screen that says that files are corrupt or something. Im not bothered about it I put the ISO on a USB drive and have been playing it through USB loader GX with 002 error fix all day and hasnt stuffed up on me
smile.gif

derrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hey, just want to say a BIG THANK YOU for this thread and many others like this on gbatemp.

Took me a whole 6 hours just to figure out how to install the BootMii,HBC and USB Loader GX. Managed to brick my wii twice in the process, not to mention I got scared shitless when my HBC was turned upside down!

Had to read up on 2 years of awesome coding.. The last time I touched this was during SMG and SSBB where I had to use some trucha signing + wiifrii thingy..

Anyway, finally got the game running via usb loader using the supplied dol and a unpatched iso.

Specs are as follows:

Wii 3.2E
Wiikey 1.9

Played NSMB for 3 hours straight with no DRE or other errors.

iJust a quick question, Is it alright for me to stay at 3.2E or should I upgrade it to 4.1?

Now i gotta figure out how to install channels for GC and SNES and other emuls and I am all set!

Thanks again!

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
your choice at the moment really. if a game ever requires an updated IOS file, you could always just install that specific one.

but, there really is no harm in updating (safely, not through nintendo, don't ever do that, lol)

You'd be able to load VC and wiiware games via SD card, which is a nice feature if you have a use for it.

PS. I noticed your looking for channel wads for your emus, click the link in my sig, it may be some help.

bhorny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In an effort to play this I went to rev15 when I should have tired the sd card method first. How do I get back to rev14? Im currently unable to connect to a network

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...