Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
For me it just freezes when trying to load the ISO :/

(on Dolphin.)

There's no "DX9" plugin option...
I had no DX9 option either, until I ran the Microsoft DX update tool. Turns out that while I thought I had the most up-to-date stuff, I apparently didn't. After I updated, Dolphin showed the DX9 option. So now I can get in-game, but it invariably crashes soon after. In fact the behavior seems similar to how it runs via mod-chips (The ones that work, that is...), insofar as while you can play it, it always ends up crashing sooner or later. The only difference is that it's not giving us any sort of system-related error message in Dolphin. This behavior leads me to believe that the folks saying that it's some sort of new copy protection are right. But what the hell do I know, this aint my area of expertise.

I pre-ordered the game today. Gamestop has a promotion where you can get the game for ten bucks if you trade a couple of select games in. So I'm perfectly fine with waiting until it comes out. However I'm totally psyched to see if someone can make it work, just for the challenge involved.
smile.gif

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
Tagg7 said:
Unless the game was completed back in June, the E3 kiosks had an entirely different build of the game. Even if the game was done (highly likely considering Nintendo's odd release schedule), I don't see why they would make code telling people to remove the disc (when the console itself is locked away).
The remove disc error is a system error and not on the disc.

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vashgs said:
The IOS53 in the update partition differs to the latest version from Nintendo's servers. Just an interesting tidbit for everybody. I don't think this would matter at all, but it's just something to think about.

I know this is a long shot, but has anyone tried ripping the ios files from the update partition (since they are same in name but different in content from the ones on Nintendo's server), installing them with wad manager, and then trying to boot a backup or USB copy?
I'm sure its been tried and failed, but I didn't see any confirmation of it.

kevinbradhancock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the update sector singled out in a .bck file and it is 247MB which is near half the game disk. I was wondering if any one knows how to read that type of file or extract the data.
This is the file name:
New SUPER MARIO BROS. Wii_SU.bck

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevinbradhancock said:
I got the update sector singled out in a .bck file and it is 247MB which is near half the game disk. I was wondering if any one knows how to read that type of file or extract the data.
This is the file name:
New SUPER MARIO BROS. Wii_SU.bck

Aren't the contents already viewable & extractable in Wiiscrubber?

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PainToad said:
The remove disc error is a system error and not on the disc.
What makes you say this? I was under the impression that the Error 001 and Error 002 codes you encounter in newer games are on the discs.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
*Shakes Head* We're still going no where... Waninkoko and NInty are probably sitting back and laughing at us atm....

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
kevinbradhancock said:
the remove disk error actually has to do with the disk and not the system easch indivdual disk could have it, but not all games have this problem

That makes no sense whatsoever. The "disc read error..." message comes from the Wii itself and isn't on each disc. It's a standard error message from the system itself.

kevinbradhancock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the disk inputs the error causing the wii to respond in that way. The wii reconizes certain codes and that disc has that code on it and apparetly if you try to run it as a backup most through soft mod most peoples systems display that error code.

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
kevinbradhancock said:
the remove disk error actually has to do with the disk and not the system easch indivdual disk could have it, but not all games have this problem

That makes no sense whatsoever. The "disc read error..." message comes from the Wii itself and isn't on each disc. It's a standard error message from the system itself.

If you took the time to look at any Wii game, you'd see that each one has an appbuilder or similar file that includes these "default" errors. They're programmed into each game. It's a requirement from Nintendo.

Matekking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
aml435 said:
vashgs said:
The IOS53 in the update partition differs to the latest version from Nintendo's servers. Just an interesting tidbit for everybody. I don't think this would matter at all, but it's just something to think about.

I know this is a long shot, but has anyone tried ripping the ios files from the update partition (since they are same in name but different in content from the ones on Nintendo's server), installing them with wad manager, and then trying to boot a backup or USB copy?

Well...
It's in the first post in this thread:
-It also won't work if you install the new IOS53

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont think wanin would be stumped, i think he knows the system too well to be.. he would probably know a fix by now, but is just testing it atm... but dont go by that.. thats just a theory

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rizzod said:
i dont think wanin would be stumped, i think he knows the system too well to be.. he would probably know a fix by now, but is just testing it atm... but dont go by that.. thats just a theory
who knows if theres even a fix.
only time will tell.

for now everyone go play the other dozens of games you've acquired.

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matekking said:
aml435 said:
vashgs said:

Well...
It's in the first post in this thread:
-It also won't work if you install the new IOS53

I meant actually trying to install all of the ios's from the update partition, in case the others also are of differing content.

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The "disc read error..." message comes from the disc, you can change it hexedit
I have installed the ios53 from the disc update partition and have tried many usb and sd loaders still nothing for softmod's

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
rizzod said:
only time will tell.

AMEN BRUDDAH!!!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jackdanielchan said:
xzxero said:
rizzod said:
only time will tell.

AMEN BRUDDAH!!!
gracias
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(