New PS Vita Model

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're going the route of the PSP and calling it "PS Vita 2000 series". The model number is PCH-2000.
I wouldn't consider that an advantage, considering that the DS already had a 10 hour battery and that the DS lite had a 17-19 hour battery.

Very very misleading statement on your end. The figures you're quoting are for the brightness setting being on the lowest. And having the brightness that low hinders gameplay enjoyment in my opinon.

Oxybelis

Trophies
XP
Country
Almost certainly it will be discontinued.
But new Vita works 1 hour longer than old model so some would switch and sell old one.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the increased battery life and smaller form but no OLED really sucks, OLED is fantastic and it isn't a piece of shit like 3D is.

Also the regular model is $10 cheaper so really I don't see the big deal here. 1GB internal is nothing, at most it holds some of your basic apps (Netflix, Facebook, whatever).

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm tempted by second hand Vitas but this new one is swaying my decision to go for new. Really want to pick one up for Persona 4 Golden but that's really the only title that interests me.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Taking away the OLED is bad but it's still better than 2DS.
I don't think Vita needed one revision so soon.
Vita was an excellent piece of hardware, sadly I can't say the same about 3DS,
which looks like a bad project that has gone to markets before it really should.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the intro for the new vita reminds me of the game boy pocket commercial.

but i was thing about selling my vita and getting one in Canada, if it gets released there i might get the blue vita( i was kind of hoping for a red vita)
imo the olive green vita color is ugly they should have gone with a neon green instead

wtf the 64gb mem card is half the price the vita is:blink:

before i forget, still no hdmi port or even mini or micro hdmi?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I like the increased battery life and smaller form but no OLED really sucks, OLED is fantastic and it isn't a piece of shit like 3D is.

Also the regular model is $10 cheaper so really I don't see the big deal here. 1GB internal is nothing, at most it holds some of your basic apps (Netflix, Facebook, whatever).
Look at it this way: if the normal model, which is apparently selling at enough of a loss slowly enough to warrant a cheaper revision, is discontinued, then the $10 difference will be a moot point. Also, for the consumer, just seeing the price tag under $200 will provide a little more incentive. Where buying stuff is concerned, the way people automatically reason when seeing prices is interesting (such as the $X.99 trick).

As well, for that 1GB of internal storage, I'm thinking it's more like courtesy storage, like what you get with the Wii U. It'll work for a little while, but eventually, you're going to need more memory if you want to make more than a few, small digital purchases.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at it this way: if the normal model, which is apparently selling at enough of a loss slowly enough to warrant a cheaper revision, is discontinued, then the $10 difference will be a moot point. Also, for the consumer, just seeing the price tag under $200 will provide a little more incentive. Where buying stuff is concerned, the way people automatically reason when seeing prices is interesting (such as the $X.99 trick).

As well, for that 1GB of internal storage, I'm thinking it's more like courtesy storage, like what you get with the Wii U. It'll work for a little while, but eventually, you're going to need more memory if you want to make more than a few, small digital purchases.

I like that idea so I can be part of the OLED master race and laugh at everyone and their subhuman screens.

Also I'd rather them just put 16GB internal like the PSP Go, trufax.

thebsharp

Why'd you have to go and Gunt my fries?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sticking with my OLED Vita. While the 1GB flash sounds nice, it's really nothing. You're not fitting games on there, just some basic apps, really.
A question I have is about the 64GB card. I'm guessing only the new hardware can support it, or can the OLED Vita use it as well?

The other things are neat (especially micro USB), but not worth switching.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1