Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1GB Internal Storage​
1GB doesn't get you really far with saves and patches. IMO the better way to tackle this is to include 4GB memory card on every PS Vita sold (so far only bundle does this, not individual system).
5" LCD Screen (No OLED.)​
A downgrade here, color is a bit washed out on LCD screen.
Increased Battery Life (One hour extended.)​
A good and much needed improvement, likely from die shrink from 45 nm to 32/28 nm.
20% thinner​
15% lighter​
Honestly I don't feel the original Vita to be bulky, so getting thinner and lighter are a bit moot for me.
Micro USB Port​
A good improvement.
New 64GB Memory Card​
If pricing is right this is a good news.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Looks like a good revision although the screen can be debated on. MicroUSB is great, but the propriety cables aren't that expensive anyways (thanks to stores like dx) and feel a bit sturdier IMO. But the rated 10k inputs for a MicroUSB should keep most people happy for their lives, especially with the WiFi capabilities for game transfers and the likes.

As far as the video and the console itself, I like the new start and select buttons. The 1000 model had them as oval shaped, which was annoying as hell when trying to use with thumbs. Circle shaped ones seem better, but that will only be seen once the console is out in the wild.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I've been waiting a long time for new colours, the 1gb internal flash memory is disappointing, i was expecting sony to add at least 16gb, the price of the memory cards hasn't changed so I'll pass for now, there is only 1 or 2 games I'm interested in on the vita, but it's not justifiable to buy the console for just a couple of games, the price of the 32gb memory card and the console is still to expensive, and why would sony make a separate vita console just for tv out? why not just add it to the new vita revision? that doesn't make any sense.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been waiting a long time for new colours, the 1gb internal flash memory is disappointing, i was expecting sony to add at least 16gb, the price of the memory cards hasn't changed so I'll pass for now, there is only 1 or 2 games I'm interested in on the vita, but it's not justifiable to buy the console for just a couple of games, the price of the 32gb memory card and the console is still to expensive, and why would sony make a separate vita console just for tv out? why not just add it to the new vita revision? that doesn't make any sense.

In fairness Sony are worse han the Mafia.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LCD!!!! Really!!!!! Thats slowly going out of style right now why go with a LCD why not a LED if you don't want to put the OLED in? Not only that why not give it some real internal memory 1Gb is a joke. Why not give us at least 16Gb you did it with the Pspgo? And its not that much cheaper than the original one. So I really don't see a reason to get something like this unless you want your vita in a different color.

Reactions: jalaneme
D

Dork

What a good marketing strategy, release a sub-par version of the Vita to replace the original one so people will go buy the original ones before they're gone. Well played Sony.

D

Deleted_171835

Guess I need to (re)buy the OG superior-OLED Vita before this comes out here.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
64gb memory card i hope it works on the old vita or i'm going be pissed.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Selling my 2 Vitas and upgrading to these, I want the red and gray ones also the LCD screen doesn't have the burn in problem of the original so it's a nice change. 1GB internal for saves at least and smaller so much so that it actually might fit in my pocket now.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really curious about the backlash at the OLED removal? AFAIK, doesn't that technology have more issues such as burn-in?

Yes it does. I get the backlash when it comes to picture quality, OLED's are absolutely gorgeous displays in pretty much every way I can think of. The problem is as you said, HORRID burn-in and streaking. I've got a couple of Galaxy S phones with OLED displays and they both have the issues OLED displays suffer from. And every other device i've seen with an OLED display has developed the problem quickly if not immediately. Vita is no exception.

Again I adore the quality of OLED's, but the burn in and color streaking issues are admittedly a massive deal breaker and has turned me off of the tech. The new Vita model will lose out on raw picture quality, response rate, colors and black levels of course. But there IS actually something to be said about not having to deal with a lot of permanently burned in images and streaked colors.

If OLED tech can improve where such issues don't exist anymore then it will be an almost perfect display to me. Unfortunately i've seen very little attempt to really do much about it. OLED TV's might be a new thing, but smartphones have used the tech for years now and the problem seems to have not been addressed at all in that time frame...

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About time.

The part I like is the fact that it has some internal storage finally, and the standard microUSB port. The drop from OLED to LCD is a downer. The memory card prices are still crazy, though.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LCD and LED can also suffer screen burn in. No technology is 100% safe from burn in.

Even for OLED, burn in only happens when static images is displayed for hours. Taking breaks after an hour or two gameplay is what everyone should be doing anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs