Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
US and UK diplomats feared Pakistan's nuclear material could fall into the hands of terrorists, the latest leaked classified US diplomatic cables reveal. The documents, released by Wikileaks, warn that Pakistan is rapidly building its nuclear stockpile despite the country's growing instability. Meanwhile, the US State Department says it has"temporarily severed" a database of cables from military computers. The move is part of efforts to stop further leaks of confidential material. In one of the latest cables to be released by Wikileaks, senior UK Foreign Office official Mariot Leslie told US diplomats in September 2009 that Britain had "deep concerns about the safety and security of Pakistan's nuclear weapons". In another cable seven months earlier, US ambassador to Islamabad Anne Patterson told Washington: "Our major concern is not having an Islamic militant steal an entire weapon but rather the chance someone working in government of Pakistan facilities could gradually smuggle enough material out to eventually make a weapon." Another cable concerning a US intelligence briefing in 2008 said: "Despite pending economic catastrophe, Pakistan is producing nuclear weapons at a faster rate than any other country in the world."[/p]
icon11.gif
Source

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh damn o_o .
putting all their money into nuclear production ...
ugh , everything just piling up .
north korea shelling south korea, pakistan with nuclear production ...

what could possibly be next ...?

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As to why no one has stepped up and started attacking these militant nations is beyond me. Kim Jong Il is a dictator and a military threat to the rest of the world, just like Iran and Pakistan are trying to be nuclear threats. As to why people sit idly by and let them build up their weapons is beyond me, yet now people want to bitch about it when they could have dealt with it by now.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
As to why no one has stepped up and started attacking these militant nations is beyond me. Kim Jong Il is a dictator and a military threat to the rest of the world, just like Iran and Pakistan are trying to be nuclear threats. As to why people sit idly by and let them build up their weapons is beyond me, yet now people want to bitch about it when they could have dealt with it by now.
Because if you attacked North Korea right now, China will be really pissed off. They may not help North Korea, but Chinese are certainly capable of destroying US economy.

Unless you want to wage World War III, avoid war if possible.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's all politics, politics, politics. Aren't any of these so-called 'wikileaks' going to contain anything cool? You know, like the stuff Fox Mulder was always searching for.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
North Korea and Pakistan don't really have massive oil reserves.

That aside the Pakistani government is a long-time US ally (its a military dictatorship that we have continued to prop up despite all the bullshit). North Korea really isn't that big of a threat too, and China at this point only supports them out of convenience, not ideological purposes. Think about it, if there really is a war in Korea, the NK gov't would collapse nearly instantly, leaving MILLIONS of starving refugees to be support by China and South Korea, both countries of which do not want to deal with that, so its more convenient to just keep NK in place as it is. Really anyone who keeps a steady interest in international politics isnt going to be surprised or shocked by any of these revelations, its just the media is usually very mum about these types of things, and wikileaks is forcing the mainstream to talk about and consider these ugly issues. Some fun reading: http://wartard.blogspot.com/2010/11/wikile...f-american.html

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
DSGamer64 said:
So, why don't bomb all over the US, because there is a document where they plan to take over the world through HAARP with the clima (srly)
In what world do you live? You think that the US can throw a bomb to anyone because the want to? You think they are the good guys?
Seriously, it's power against power, they give a sh*t about people. There are no good guys, they only care about how much power they have.
And why this hasn't happened? They guy above said it, they don't have enough oil to justify an attack

I think all this was known, but just as rumors (well, here everyone thinks that the united states spies all the world, when you call your mom, when you call to ask for xxx tv service, when you write about them just like now, etc) and that this only confirms things.

@Crass: really fun article
moogle.gif

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
trumpet-205 said:
I would like to add that China does not want democracy anywhere near its border, so there is a reason to support NK.
Yeah, only because their Communist regime of a government has forbidden democracy and sought out and murdered anyone who spoke out against their rule. And yet people wonder why a larger portion of China lives below the poverty line then most other civilized nations. And the US military has the weaponry to decimate both China and North Korea with relative ease if the government really had the balls to do it. Standing against the UN who seems to approve of supporting countries like Pakistan and China despite the fact that those kinds of nations are ruled by militants and uses the army and law enforcement to eliminate anyone who disagrees with their reign of power. I find it funny that over two decades after the Cold War ended, the nations who were once supported by countries like the US and friendly to them, are now mortal enemies.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Crass said:
DSGamer64 said:
North Korea and Pakistan don't really have massive oil reserves.

That aside the Pakistani government is a long-time US ally (its a military dictatorship that we have continued to prop up despite all the bullshit). North Korea really isn't that big of a threat too, and China at this point only supports them out of convenience, not ideological purposes. Think about it, if there really is a war in Korea, the NK gov't would collapse nearly instantly, leaving MILLIONS of starving refugees to be support by China and South Korea, both countries of which do not want to deal with that, so its more convenient to just keep NK in place as it is. Really anyone who keeps a steady interest in international politics isnt going to be surprised or shocked by any of these revelations, its just the media is usually very mum about these types of things, and wikileaks is forcing the mainstream to talk about and consider these ugly issues. Some fun reading: http://wartard.blogspot.com/2010/11/wikile...f-american.html

Yeah, because war has everything to do with the oil reserves when you have governments around the world supporting the Jihad and terrorism on a massive global scale. With Iraq and Afghanistan both being guilty of harboring radical Islamic terrorists, along with Saudi Arabia and several other nations in the Middle East, do you think anyone with any kind of intelligent mind would want to see the leaders of those nations supporting terrorism which is very much a threat not only to America, but many other nations around the world? Wasn't that what Bush was after initially after 9/11? To overthrow the nations who were supporting the people who attacked America? I am sure he would have probably already stepped foot into Iran if he could have done a 3rd term just to take out their insane leader and his attempts at becoming a nuclear nation.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Crass said:
That aside the Pakistani government is a long-time US ally

It is also the homeplace of the taliban and many other terrorist organisations

QUOTE(DSGamer64 @ Dec 1 2010, 11:26 PM) Yeah, because war has everything to do with the oil reserves when you have governments around the world supporting the Jihad and terrorism on a massive global scale. With Iraq and Afghanistan both being guilty of harboring radical Islamic terrorists, along with Saudi Arabia and several other nations in the Middle East,

Homeplace and major financial backer of AQ, also apparently a long term US ally. Almost all Islamofascist propaganda is funded, published, and distributed freely world wide by the Saudi government and quangos.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o