Japan sees some stabilization in nuclear crisis

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hop2089, Mar 19, 2011.

Mar 19, 2011
  1. Hop2089
    OP

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Source

I would be glad to hear the good news about stablization if it weren't for the food and water contamination, I smell lying, lack of recordkeeping, and cover up 101 from the energy company and the Japanese Government. I'm not buying the contamination parts of the story at all especially the water.

You will need to read these as well

Concerning Food Contamination

Concerning Radioactive Iodine in Tokyo's water

2. cwstjdenobs

Member cwstjdenobs Sodomy non sapiens

United Kingdom
    I think they don't so much lie as omit the technical jargon that sounds scary. You know what most people are like, get scared shitless because their WiFi or Mobi's are giving off radiation then go spend 12 hours sunbathing.

3. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    The Japanese are lying. The problem is a lot worse than they are saying. The Japanese are prideful and arrogant and they don't want to admit that they can't handle the situation.

Tokyo will be radioactive for decades. This is only the beginning.

4. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    Sorry mate but you are telling nonsense. Right now the containment buildings are not breached (it is damaged for unit 2 but not completely gone), if full meltdown is to occurred (which is not going to happen, they are restoring the cooling system. Radiation level is dropping), most of the radiation is going to stay inside the containment building (inside the power plant).

The reason that Chernobyl incident is so bad is because back then it did not have a containment building for its reactor. The worst incident in US, three miles island NPP partial meltdown, did not result harmful level of radiation release thanks to the containment building.

The media is making it sound like it is the end of the world.

I have been keeping track with this news and I can say they are keeping it under control.

5. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Good news? They must be lying. Afterall, they are Japanese, and that's what they do. With my sophistocated knowledge of nuclear plants, and personal knowledge of the situation in Japan, I've determined that everything is far worse than you could possibly know. Trust me.

Because if a random person on the internet says somehthing pessimistic without so much as a sentance worth of actual evidence, it must be true.

6. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    They've been lying about the situation from the beginning. And I'm not the only person saying this. Many people in the international media feel the exact same way.

But hey, I'm sure you know more than people working in the media. who have actually been to the location and have scientific knowledge.

At first I was one of the people who was trying to calm everyone's fears. Now I realize that was all in vain. The Japanese are lying. The situation is FAR worse than they've told people, and their water and food supplies will be tainted for decades if not longer.

7. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    I know people who know the truth. Really. On top of that, other unspecified people agree with me.
    You know it, man.

8. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    Well, some people in the media say the Japanese are lying while others are trying to downplay the event.

I guess it all comes down to whom do you want to believe.

I noticed you're from Canada. I hope you don't live on the west coast. If so, you may want to invest in a geiger counter.

(Or a giger counter, which will help you detect the presence of aliens.)

9. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    Good news then, I also heard the nuclear plant 3 & 4 were a bit cooler, which mean lower radiation levels happening out there daii-ichi power plant.

Hopefully those damaged water pumps for 3 & 4 radioactive pools can be re-started because that should mean a 50% step ahead in the right direction.

10. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Yes, right on the west coast. Couldn't get much closer to the water. I'll tell you if I get radiation poisoning.

Edit: The secret alien base is right on the coast too. I played Smash Bros. with a few of them the other day.

11. trumpet-205

United States
    Even if radiation is not contained and fully released, by the time it reaches west coast radiation level will be so low that it'll not pose a health threat.

@Coto, it's actually unit 5/6 "spent fuel pool" temp that is decreasing. Source

12. epicCreations.or

Member epicCreations.or GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm glad that it's stabilizing. Maybe my parents will stop being paranoid freaks about it now. My dad, yesterday, was freaking out and talking about how we're all being poisoned by the radiation and whatnot and I'm was like LOLWAT
    You are a genius. Please get their friend codes for me [​IMG]

13. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    >mfw people don't get the joke

[​IMG]

14. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    I hate alien movies. So instead of responding with a further reference to the movie, which I would have done if I had watched, I replied with a joke of my own. See?

15. trumpet-205

United States
    Good news, reactor #1/2/3/4 at Fukushima 1 NPP are stabilizing. Temp is below 100 degree Celsius. Looks like SFP for unit #3 is under control as well.

Source

16. Takanato

Member Takanato GBAtemp Fan

Jamaica
    Lol I still smell Zombie Apocalypse because all governments do is play 'coverup' -.-'.

17. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Yeah, just like in all those movies I saw.

18. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    Completely unrelated to the discussion:

Isn't "radioactive" iodine a very effective water purifier?

19. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    Aren't there many radioisotopes and/or isotopes in general of iodine? Which one are you referring to? I'm pretty sure the iodine-131 from Fukushima isn't going to help purify any water in the area.

20. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    Mass No. of iodine is 126.90447, so yes I would assume so. Disregard earlier post.

In which case, iodine is a halogen (Group VII) which means it's highly reactive. Uh-oh.