Gaming New DS to be Announced?

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
i dont think that ds model is very practical at all.. Ur battery life will hardly last at all due to all the screens, its big, bulky and looks like if you breathed on it, it would fall apart, but possibly a ds that has 3 screens would be good, 2 big, 1 small or something like that.. but It does look nice that one, but i wouldnt get it..

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I notice that the DS Lite Compact is not there, further giving me hope that it's real.
smile.gif

And yes the DS Lite is good as it is, but it has been 2 years (time flies doesn't it?) since it was released, not to mention when next DS comes out it will be around 2.5~3 years since the DS Lite, so it's due time for a redesign.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've said this elsewhere (these threads seem to pop up all the time), but I don't think a redesigned DS will be released until after the next handheld, just like the Game Boy Micro was released a year after the DS.

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FlameTakuya said:
The DS lite is really lousy quality, though.

Just one drop on the floor and almost anything can happen to it. Liek the hinge breaking, internal motherboard cracking, screen cracking, etc.

Don't they ever perform quality tests on the things?

I actually think that they DS has fairly solid quality control aside from the slightly off-centered screens, yellow tint and cracked hinges, all of which are little more than annoying. My DSL has seen some fairly rough treatment including drops, and an unfortunate accident with some steak juice and still chugs along. I don't really know about a redesign as I think that the DSL is great as is. However, a new handheld does have me intrigued. I figure that it is still a ways off, but when do you guys think we may start getting signs of one?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
beedog19 said:
However, a new handheld does have me intrigued. I figure that it is still a ways off, but when do you guys think we may start getting signs of one?
This year at the latest would be my guess for when we get some info about the next handheld. It will probably be released next year, or possibly late this year (probably not though). That's just a guess, I don't have any real info.

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
beedog19 said:
However, a new handheld does have me intrigued. I figure that it is still a ways off, but when do you guys think we may start getting signs of one?
This year at the latest would be my guess for when we get some info about the next handheld. It will probably be released next year, or possibly late this year (probably not though). That's just a guess, I don't have any real info.

Yeah, I really don't expect anyone to have any real info on the subject but it is fun to speculate. I just remember how, a few years ago, there was some talk about Gamecube discs being so small because there would be a possibility to use them in a future handheld device. Not that I expect a portable GCN but it is fun to think of the possibilities...

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
DeMoNSTaR said:
FlameTakuya said:
The DS lite is really lousy quality, though.

Just one drop on the floor and almost anything can happen to it. Liek the hinge breaking, internal motherboard cracking, screen cracking, etc.

Don't they ever perform quality tests on the things?

Um.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEwVmQcC1UE

None of those crash tests were performed with the DS Lite open.

That's the part that's prone to the most damage.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GI said that the new model of ds is ready to go. it wont, however, be unveiled until current sales slow down. and thats not gonna happen anytime soon.

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
BortzANATOR said:
GI said that the new model of ds is ready to go. it wont, however, be unveiled until current sales slow down. and thats not gonna happen anytime soon.

Well, I hope it's good.

But yeah, the sales of the DS Lite aren't going to be slowing down soon. In fact, more people I know now are planning to buy NDS'es.

Which is good, because then I'll finally have people to play Wireless games with.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill