Gaming New DS to be Announced?

PlooBloo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FlameTakuya said:
The DS lite is really lousy quality, though.

Just one drop on the floor and almost anything can happen to it. Liek the hinge breaking, internal motherboard cracking, screen cracking, etc.

Don't they ever perform quality tests on the things?
Wow. Maybe you got a bad one outta the batch. I threw mine down the stairs once and it's still in great condition. xD;; Though my hinge is starting to crack, but it's barely noticeable and hasn't worsened at all. Btw, I've had my DS for two years and it had it's fill of drops.

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
But I do.

I keep it in a silicon cover, and in a pouch, and handle it very, very carefully when I use it...

And the hinge broke one day when I accidentally dropped it on the floor. >.>

Now it doesn't click when I open it, and it can just swing shut half way while I'm playing...

Aargh.

(Is this fixable at all?)

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
FlameTakuya said:
But I do.

I keep it in a silicon cover, and in a pouch, and handle it very, very carefully when I use it...

Now it doesn't click when I open it, and it can just swing shut half way while I'm playing...

Aargh.

How far did it drop? I think mine has fallen off a table at least twice (without a case (I have one now though)) and it's still in working (almost perfect) condition.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I think, it will be enough if Nintendo simply redesign Nintendo DS, it doesn't have to get any new features, or something additional..If they just make the whole casing completly different, it will be enough for people to go crazy and buy it..
I actually believe something like that will happen..If they make anything "stronger" in the new DS it would eliminate Phat DS, and DS Lite as option to play games, and I don't think Nintendo is ready to do that right now.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I personally think Nintendo won't make any new handheld soon, what with gamers and developers went crazy about NDSLites.

NDS is selling pretty good, and meets up expectations for a handheld. even more, the only competitor it got is PSP, since I never seen Microsoft launched a handheld console
tongue.gif

I think GameBoy Micro was made to hold GameBoy to its limit, and GameBoy stays here pretty long, considering the limitations of GameBoy.

Las, I hope Nintendo isn't planning to make any new handhelds, I just got my NDSLite last November, it will be pretty hard for me if new handheld is released this December.

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Law said:
FlameTakuya said:
But I do.

Aargh.

How far did it drop? I think mine has fallen off a table at least twice (without a case (I have one now though)) and it's still in working (almost perfect) condition.

Wait, I'm sorry, it wasn't because of the drop that it broke.

How do I say this...

I was sitting on my chair with both feet up and crossed. (Kinda like how you would sit cross legged on the floor) my knees were sort of leaning on the table and my DS was on my lap.

I was playing HMDS Cute, when all of a sudden, the DS sorta... gave out a small snap when I picked it up from my lap to put on my table.

I had a bad feeling, so I closed my DS, and noticed that it closed very easily, like it had no "grip".

And then I discovered the crack, and shutting while I'm playing thing...

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
I dropped mine twice on concrete (It just slipped out of my hands while I was swinging my arm in a sort-of-weird dance), not even a single scratch on the thing.

P

pasc

That thing looks like it could break easily... aside I don't like the Display to be as small as this.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That slide out design will never happen. It'll be WAY too problematical to build, and likely have all sorts of expensive(warranty) mechanical problems.

Personally, for a new handheld, I'd rather see them go with a tablet style design, similar to the PSP, one big touch screen and ship it with some cheap carrying pouch. (I'd replace the pouch with a metal aftermarket one if they released something like that.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm