Hacking NeoGamma Thread

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer. When I try and load via USB on NeoGamma R8, it doesn't seem to detect my usb drive. It does work under the USB Loader GX, but only if I turn on my external HDD after I load the homebrew app. And yes, I tried turning on the hdd after loading NeoGamma, but it still does not work.

This is not a big problem, as I can just use GX, but I'm still curious as to what's wrong.. I think it may be that I use IOS 249 on NeoGamma and IOS 222 on GX, but I'm not certain.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Defiance said:
Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer. When I try and load via USB on NeoGamma R8, it doesn't seem to detect my usb drive. It does work under the USB Loader GX, but only if I turn on my external HDD after I load the homebrew app. And yes, I tried turning on the hdd after loading NeoGamma, but it still does not work.

This is not a big problem, as I can just use GX, but I'm still curious as to what's wrong.. I think it may be that I use IOS 249 on NeoGamma and IOS 222 on GX, but I'm not certain.
NeoGamma can only use a WBFS parition, maybe you are using FAT32 or NTFS?

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Defiance said:

NeoGamma can only use a WBFS parition, maybe you are using FAT32 or NTFS?

No, I made a WBFS..

missionaborted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi folks!

Total noob here but I have a question regarding compatibility of CIOS' between CFG USB Loader and Neogamma...

I currently have backups of my games on a USB drive and it works great with CFG USB loader. However, I want to get Neogamma running so I can play backups o fmy legally purchased COD3 and CSI: Deadly intent discs. I know that they will not run for USB loaders.

My problem is that I get error 721 in Neogamma. By following instructions online, I have installed several Cios36 revs, and they all lead to the same thing... CFG USB loader no longer recognizing the USB drive. I have also tried several different backup launchers such as Wiigator, 0.3 etc... I have had no luck. Cios36-rev17 is working great with CFG USB Loader.

Is there any way to get these 2 homebrew apps working side by side flawlessly?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give... I've been looking everywhere and trying everything to no avail

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
missionaborted said:
Hi folks!

Total noob here but I have a question regarding compatibility of CIOS' between CFG USB Loader and Neogamma...

I currently have backups of my games on a USB drive and it works great with CFG USB loader. However, I want to get Neogamma running so I can play backups o fmy legally purchased COD3 and CSI: Deadly intent discs. I know that they will not run for USB loaders.

My problem is that I get error 721 in Neogamma. By following instructions online, I have installed several Cios36 revs, and they all lead to the same thing... CFG USB loader no longer recognizing the USB drive. I have also tried several different backup launchers such as Wiigator, 0.3 etc... I have had no luck. Cios36-rev17 is working great with CFG USB Loader.

Is there any way to get these 2 homebrew apps working side by side flawlessly?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give... I've been looking everywhere and trying everything to no avail

You mean you want to play those games from disc in NeoGamma? That should work with cIOS56rev20 in NeoGamma. And CFG will also be able to play games from USB using this cIOS.

If you get a read error in NeoGamma when trying to play a backup discs, it mostly because* it's a DVD+R without bitsetting, or bad media or bad burn. Only use high quality media + at least 4x burn speed.

*if it was a backup resistant drive, the latest NeoGamma should warn you about that

missionaborted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
You mean you want to play those games from disc in NeoGamma? That should work with cIOS56rev20 in NeoGamma. And CFG will also be able to play games from USB using this cIOS.

If you get a read error in NeoGamma when trying to play a backup discs, it mostly because* it's a DVD+R without bitsetting, or bad media or bad burn. Only use high quality media + at least 4x burn speed.

*if it was a backup resistant drive, the latest NeoGamma should warn you about that

Thanks for the help. I greatly appreciate it. I tried cIOS56rev20 but am still getting Error 721 in Neogamma. Cfg USB Loader is still working fine with this version. I just need to find a disc launcher that will play some of my backups that will not work via usb, without messing up CFG USB Loader...

Still stuck... boo!

missionaborted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only thing I can figure is a bad burn. I have used ImgBurn for Windows, Burn and LiquidCD for Mac, and I have tried DVD-R, DVD+R... I have tried slower burn speeds, higher burn speeds... nothing....
wacko.gif

alimami

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
i modded a 4.3PAL wii and installed cios249 rev 20.
when i want to play backup games with Neogamma R9 in starting game screen it freezes. i can play backups with Neogamma R7 without problem But R9 doesnt play.
where in my mistake?
how can i fix it? i need R9 because if its patches.

alimami

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
alimami said:
i modded a 4.3PAL wii and installed cios249 rev 20.
when i want to play backup games with Neogamma R9 in starting game screen it freezes. i can play backups with Neogamma R7 without problem But R9 doesnt play.
where in my mistake?
how can i fix it? i need R9 because if its patches.

no body knows??!!!!

dav1d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
guys, when i tried to run my backup copy of sakura wars on neo gamma it said dvd err (1178), disc id. what does this mean, do i have a bad iso dump?
BTQ i'm using neogamma r9 beta 24 and cios 249 rev 19 on base 38 version 3867

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
quick question, is it possible to install the latest neogamma as a channel? Would be quicker than having to boot the homebrew channel and then load neogamma and then load the game.

yuseifan

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Sorry if this doesn't belong here but, can i still play an original copy of MH3 on R7 of neogamma? can i play any original games on a backup loader?

MmmmSteak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm trying to boot a (read: two copies of one image) dual layer DVD using NeoGamma R9 beta 44

The disc spins for a moment and then I get DVD Err(1028), Disc ID. On the last version of NeoGamma I had isntalled (r9b28?) it was Error 1049.

I've followed advice from another source and run Pimp My Wii v2.00 and cIOSx_rev20b.

My serial code for my wii is lu5114x~...i've been told that some simply can't play backups. I can run single-layer backups perfectly, including MH3.

I can only make so much sense of the stuff I find on google....I'm not sure how freely I can talk about the image in question on this forum??

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's either a DVD+R and you did not set the booktype to dvd-rom, or it's just a bad burn. Some Wiis have real trouble reading DL discs, so your DL burns need to be real high quality(good burner + high quality media).

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it going be possbile that you can load music from the rock band games guitar hero games from an shdc card for some odd reason i got green day rock band to load my six songs but that was a 2gb the one i want to use for beatles rock band and guitar hero 5 is a 16gb is that going be possbile or not?

MmmmSteak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
It's either a DVD+R and you did not set the booktype to dvd-rom, or it's just a bad burn. Some Wiis have real trouble reading DL discs, so your DL burns need to be real high quality(good burner + high quality media).
It is a +R indeed, and idk what a booktype is, so I'll check that out, thanks. I used imgburn's default settings with the correct layer break...here's one to hoping

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +1
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol