Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, I am trying to compile neogamma. I've had a few problems, but managed to solve them. Except for this one.

It gets right to the end, where it is linking the boot.elf, but then it fails with this error:

Code:
linking ... boot.elf
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../powerpc-eab
i/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lz
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/c/Users/Morgan/Desktop/sourcecode/sourcecode/boot.elf] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

Any help?

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, that worked. But now I have another problem. It compiles fine without any errors, but when I try to load a disk, it just hangs at the Init drive... for a while then says "DVD Read Timeout, Inquiry" and freezes there. This happens even if I haven't made any changes to the source.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all. this is my first post as well as my last resort. after spending about 2 weeks trying to get neogamma to load a gamecube multidisk, scouring the internet for every bit of information that may help me, asking for help in mirc rooms and after having just finished reading all 65 lovely pages of this thread i still cannot get it to work...
frown.gif
i think i probably would have simply given up by now if it werent for the fact that everyone else seems to be able to get it to work just fine doing the same things that ive already tried 50+ times. im hoping you can help me out WiiPower if you read this. heres my setup and what ive done/tried, etc. i TYPICALLY enjoy using cIOS249[57]-v20 with my wii. however ive also tried cIOS249[56]- v20, cIOS249[38]-v17, cIOS249[38]-v19, cIOS249[37]-v19 etc etc.. to get this to work. i tried both of the following from the first page:

New one(based on MIOSv10):
http://www.mediafire.com/?4ayvwgqey66qc9v

Old one(based on MIOSv4):
http://www.mediafire.com/?mn2jzmqg0ny

with RVL-MIOS-v4.wad and RVL-MIOS-v10.wad.

ive also tried HomebrewMIOSPatcherv0.1 and .2 with both of those mios wads. and all four of those installers with every cios setup mentioned above.
ive also tried other installers ive found that install a different size mios(386kb as opposed to 184kb) for example. though im not quite sure what the story is with
the larger mios wads i tried them out anyway in hopes of fixing my issue(not getting multi disks to load). and ive tried other loaders and combinations of this and
that... anyway onto the problem. ive read of some people having similar issues but the solutions never worked for me. i try to load my gc multidisk game in neogamma. i hit A to start it up(leaving all options default) and it says something like, Game ID: GC0EDV loading... then it goes to the next screen where it
says something like:

ERROR cannot patch
ERROR cannot patch read audio
ERROR cannot patch this and that etc

audio stream bitset etc

loading game...

at which point it brings up the purple GCOS menu screen that says "MultiGame DVD9 Ver" in the top right and has the options to choose "boot dvd" or
"Credits". and choosing Boot DVD just brings up the "Drive 20060907 ok! GC2-D2B Drive Found!" and then goes back to the little menu. like i said people have had this issue before.. but in my case ive yet to find a solution
frown.gif
ive tried various games. ALL of which have been verified as working. ive tried compressed and non compressed isos when using Multigame iso creator(ive tried 3.5.4f+ and 4.0.4f+) all burned on dvd-r discs at 1x(polaroid 16x dvd-r) i know the discs work with the wii because single disk games(burning an iso and not using multigameiso) work just fine. Also when i try multidisc games with Wiigator Backup Launcher .2 it says "GCOS Multigame DVD © GCOS TEAM" instead of letting me scroll through the games with the d-pad. i hit A or B and it just goes to the purple GCOS menu that Neogamma goes to. i would like to think i just have some mios/cios stuff wrong.. but ive tried every single combination i could come up with. im out of ideas. im hoping its just something REALLY easy and stupid that ive overlooked somehow. any ideas anyone has is greatly appreciated. ill be watching this thread like a hawk the next few days hoping to get some help ha. thanks in advance
smile.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The errors you explain summarize to: The wii only sees GCOS on the dvd and nothing else. If you have a chip, then i'm surprised you even get that far. If you don't, it sounds like a problem with your created discs. When NeoGamma loads the discs, does it stop anywhere with GCOS on screen and you need to press A again to get to the internal loader?

person66 said:
Thanks, that worked. But now I have another problem. It compiles fine without any errors, but when I try to load a disk, it just hangs at the Init drive... for a while then says "DVD Read Timeout, Inquiry" and freezes there. This happens even if I haven't made any changes to the source.

Which libogc did you use now? Mine, or the latest + zlib? If it's the latest, well i haven't tested it yet, but i will. The inquiry problem might be related to some settings(storage to anything else than "x using cIOS"), try without config file on sd card.

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
Which libogc did you use now? Mine, or the latest + zlib? If it's the latest, well i haven't tested it yet, but i will. The inquiry problem might be related to some settings(storage to anything else than "x using cIOS"), try without config file on sd card.
I'm using yours. I tried it on a blank sd card with just neogamma on it. Same problem. It also doesn't happen if I use a regular neogamma dol, it only happens on ones I've compiled.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"The errors you explain summarize to: The wii only sees GCOS on the dvd and nothing else. If you have a chip, then i'm surprised you even get that far. If you don't, it sounds like a problem with your created discs. When NeoGamma loads the discs, does it stop anywhere with GCOS on screen and you need to press A again to get to the internal loader?"

i dont have a modchip and im using the latest neogamma btw. as for neogamma seeing only gcos and nothing else, i thought the EXACT same thing. when mulitiso is finishing making the images they come out to be anywhere from 2 - 4gbs depending on what i put on there. now when i mount the image with daemon tools it only sees like 4 files and the entire disc is 7mb. is that normal? and with the gcos screen. like i said neogamma displays errors then says loading. then the gcos screen pops and and it says drive found etc and then just goes to the menu with the 2 options of Boot and Credits. the discs not being created properly really makes sense but when ive asked other people what the directory structure of their multi discs looked like they claimed having the 4-5 files and the disc only being 7mb was normal... were they just flatout wrong? if so what could i be doing wrong when creating or burning the discs. also if you need to know anything about my wii setup or any other info etc please let me know. i really want to figure this out.

Jogait

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have other request, i would like to know if someone is able to get the source code of neogamma r9 b47 and change the slot he using to the 200, i mean instead of using cios 249 can it be changed to use cios200?

I tried to change it but i cant compile it.

I hope someone can do it.

ps.: The error i'm geting is:

Code:
linking ... boot.elf
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lfat
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/c/Users/user/Desktop/sourcecode/boot.elf] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

Thanks

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Alternatively, you can just hexedit the config file to use IOS200 instead of 249 and use the official .dol or any channel you might have.

Jogait

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
Jogait said:
Thanks, now gives the same error but with -lwiiuse.
rolleyes.gif
Oh man, your libogc folder is totally broken! I will compile it for you now, that's the easiest way.

I would be very happy if you can do it.
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for your help.
yaywii.gif

FIX94 said:
QUOTE(Jogait @ Jan 29 2011, 03:59 PM)
Thanks, it's working now.
yaywii.gif
unsure.gif
Now it works?

Forget it, it isn't working
tongue.gif

Jogait

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
Jogait said:
Thanks, but it says that is neogamma r9 b47 using ios36...
It's using slot ios200, you have installed a ios in slot 200?

yes, i installed cios rev 21 based on ios 58, all other apps are working fine only neogamma isn't working.

Problem solved, all it is needed to do is to delete the cfg file from the neogamma folder.

Once again thanks FIX94 for your help.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody tell me what is the difference between the two different cMIOS installers (cMIOS v4 and cMIOS v10), besides the ability to cheat with cMIOS v4. And which one is better.

Also, has anybody had any luck with multigame ISO creator 4.0.4f? I saw patman posted it on a different website (RIP tehskeen).

New release: MultiGame ISO Creator v4.0.4F+

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SickPuppy said:
Can somebody tell me what is the difference between the two different cMIOS installers (cMIOS v4 and cMIOS v10), besides the ability to cheat with cMIOS v4. And which one is better.

Also, has anybody had any luck with multigame ISO creator 4.0.4f? I saw patman posted it on a different website (RIP tehskeen).

New release: MultiGame ISO Creator v4.0.4F+

Just use the latest installer that uses MIOS v10 as base, it does everything the other one does + it's a bit more stable. (if you get random crashes when switching into GC mode, you know what i mean)

No experience with it, and i don't see any reason to use it. What's better than in v3.5.4F+? If it's the ability to create NTSC multi game discs, it's not relevant for NeoGamma, as it ignores the region of the disc itself anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny