Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
WiiPower do you know anything about a new cIOS from waninkoko? Or is its development fully stopped?
Fixed IOS reload block on 002 games would be a nice feature...

AceLighting

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Levente said:
WiiPower do you know anything about a new cIOS from waninkoko? Or is its development fully stopped?
Fixed IOS reload block on 002 games would be a nice feature...
If you look on http://twitter.com/hackinblack
waninkoko's last comment about (ciosx rev21) on sep 23rd
QUOTECustom IOS Rev21 is in beta state and its development stopped. After some testing, I'll fix the remaining bugs and release it. ~October

so hopefully it will be out in october but he's seems to be focused on the ps3 as by reading his comments on twitter

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Umm... hi guys. I've got this... little problem over here. Anybody willing to help?
I got NeoGamma R9 working (Beta 47) and I burned a DVD with 3 games on it. Everything perfect except for Wind Waker. The problem is that, when I try to load the ISOs from an USB or SD memory, after pressing the A button on both the Mounting from SD thingy and the other one of Mounting from USB one, and both the things above it that say MSDF or something like that, nothing happens. I have tried both USB slots and formatting my SD memory, so... is there an option I have to check or something or an special cIOS to boot from USB and SD? What should I do? Thanks in advance (:

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NeoGamma can only boot gamecube games from disc. Maybe i could add loading them from SD-Gecko, but that's it.

What's your problem with Wind Waker? The freeeze on opening the mini map should be fixed now.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
NeoGamma can only boot gamecube games from disc. Maybe i could add loading them from SD-Gecko, but that's it.

What's your problem with Wind Waker? The freeeze on opening the mini map should be fixed now.
Would this improve compatibility if your loader was used by SD-Gecko, over the current one, if so that would be great.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
chop said:
WiiPower said:

Would this improve compatibility if your loader was used by SD-Gecko, over the current one, if so that would be great.

It wouldn't require the ".elf fix" for that one James Bond game because i would replace all functions instead of patching into them. But other than that i couldn't name a situation where it would improve the compatibility. It might improve compatibility, but it seems really unlikely to me. But on the other hand it would also seem unlikely to me that it would have a lower compatibility.

kezza825

Trophies
XP
Country
Beta 47 still not reading recently burned gamecube games. getting error 1208. any solutions please messsage me.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kezza825 said:
Beta 47 still not reading recently burned gamecube games. getting error 1208. any solutions please messsage me.

If you get the read error directly at the disc id, it's a bad burn, DVD+R with wrong booktype, not a valid disc image or your drive is dying. Only feed your consoles with as good as posssible burns with as good as possible media.

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
chop said:
WiiPower said:

Thank's from answering. My problem with Wind Waker was that it simply didn't load. I'll try to get another dump (preferably NTSC) and burning it unshrunk on a multidisk.

Edit* Tried it again, another dump and it still doesn't load. I recorded it along with TLOZ:TP, MK:DD and SMS and Wind Waker was the only one that didn't work. Something about Error 0x31100 Ready showed...

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Finally Neogamma was able to read my Game (it showed the Game ID) but now it does nothing only a screen with a Gamecube logo and the text Gamecube Backup loader V1.1 at the top of the screen

I'm using

Neogamma R9 beta 47
Mios Setting: internal
MIOS V10 or something like that
Game: Mario Kart Dubble Dash

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SOS-Rens said:
Finally Neogamma was able to read my Game (it showed the Game ID) but now it does nothing only a screen with a Gamecube logo and the text Gamecube Backup loader V1.1 at the top of the screen

I'm using

Neogamma R9 beta 47

NeoGamma's internal GC loader doesn't have anything graphical. Please go the 1st post of this topic and:
1. Read the mini FAQ
2. Install the recommend cMIOS(wrong cMIOS leads to no internal GC loader)

freakonaut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just wondering what Mios you recommend for NeoGamma. v4 or v10? I recently upgraded from v4 to v10 and noticed some lag while playing Super Mario Sunshine.

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
SOS-Rens said:

I'm using

Neogamma R9 beta 47

NeoGamma's internal GC loader doesn't have anything graphical. Please go the 1st post of this topic and:
1. Read the mini FAQ
2. Install the recommend cMIOS(wrong cMIOS leads to no internal GC loader)

OK uhmm with Mario Kart Dubble dash still the same thing and when I try to load S Mario Galaxy (not 2) it says apploader loop :S

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If another backup loader gets you a read error on Mario Galaxy too, then it's either a bad image or a bad burn. I bet my money on bad burn. What media and what speed do you use?

As other backup loader you can try SoftChip set to use IOS249.

Quicksaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, here's one for you. I've tried searching the forums for similar situations but I had no luck, I also read this whole thread in case I might have missed something in my search but I still haven't found a solution.

When I try to run a GC NTSC(-U) game on my PAL wii, I cannot force it to correctly output the video. Since my tv does not support NTSC format, as expected, it shows as a black and white image. When I set force video to any of the PAL options (including the auto one) it gets stuck on a green screen right after the GC launcher screen, 480p options don't work and give a black screen but that's expected (if i understood correctly from all my reading, that's because I'm using the composite A/V cable that came with my Wii).

The games run correctly (in full color) using Wiigator's GC launcher 0.2, so I know they can run in full color. I remember from the top of my head three or four games I had this issue with in NeoGamma that work correctly in Wiigator's, but the one i spent the most time testing was Splinter Cell Padora Tomorrow NTSC. I also know this has happened before as I've tried running some of them with a previous version of NeoGamma (months ago, I have no idea anymore what version I was using then). I didn't say anything at the time because I was just starting on the Wii modding scene... so I didn't know better
tongue.gif

I tried every force video option along with every combination of patch video, no go.

Came across this post:
WiiPower said:
[...] NeoGamma's GC loader is an improved version of WiiGator's loader ==> if a game works WiiGator's loader, it should work in NeoGamma as well, if not, it's a serious bug. But you have to consider the different boot methods:
WiiGator press A == NeoGamma with video mode disc AND without reloader
WiiGator press start

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If it works in WiiGator's loader and it doesn't in NeoGamma, that's a serious issue.

So to summarize, with the same cIOS and cMIOS installed, you get:
The game in color with WiiGator's loader, pressing ...
The game in black and white with NeoGamma with the settings: ...
A green screen freeze with WiiGator with any setting at all?
A green screen freeze with NeoGamma with the settings:

I need short, precise and detailed(...) information about this issue before i can do anything.

So here's what you get try before posting more info:
- Try PAL50 and PAL60 in the wii menu's settings(the official setting)
- Try the video mode patch option in NeoGamma(+ force PAL60, the others don't need to be tested with this!)
- Try the option patched MIOS with NeoGamma

Oh and are your games on a multi game disc or single game discs?

Quicksaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Forcing video to NTSC (or leaving it as Disc of course) results in a black and white image, no matter if i turn on patch video or patched MIOS.
Forcing PAL (either 50 or 60) with patch video On (normal) will give a freeze on a green screen right after the GC loader screen. However, I tried the patched MIOS option and with it both PAL50 and 60 produce full color picture (with patch video still set to normal). Your patched MIOS suggestion was right on the money!

I tried setting patched MIOS to No once and, as expected, it freezed on the green screen again so I guess that confirms it (when forcing NTSC video it gives the black and white picture either with patched MIOS or not). Am I correct in assuming that, when set to auto, patched MIOS should be turned on when trying to force PAL video on a NTSC game when running on a PAL Wii? Especially since it's one of those settings that are not saved in the configurations and keeps defaulting to auto whenever you restart NeoGamma.

Oh, I tried setting the Wii to 50 and 60Hz modes, they both produce exactly the same results in NeoGamma (haven't tried Wiigator's, didn't see the need), and I remember from testing this afternoon that Wiigator's produces the green screen freeze when pressing X and L (the PAL options), everything else produces color images, except for R, the 480p option, that doesn't work as expected, and it's a multi game disc, but I guess none of this matters anymore.

This will be completely unrelated, but while I'm at it, could I perhaps make a small suggestion, when loading a multi game disc, if the name of the game is too big it will get cut short by the screen, and when selecting the second game of a two game disc you won't be able to see if it actually is selected or not. Perhaps centering it in the screen like you do with loading Wii games from USB, or at least text wrapping it to a new line would be good. But this is merely an aesthetic suggestion, obviously everyone can work fine with it as it is, and you could always argue that I should give my games smaller names when making multi game discs
tongue.gif

EDIT: I failed to mention but I think it should be obvious, this is all Gamecube stuff related by the way...

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Strange results. Patched MIOS should actually ignore the video mode setting, so i don't really know what's happening.

Patched MIOS is a mode with reduced functionality(no Ocarina) that should only be used for incompatible games. I don't know what's happening on your Wii, if WiiGator's loader can play a game with color without patched MIOS, NeoGamma should be able too. Ok, i know the video mode code in NeoGamma isn't good, but i don't know how to improve it.

About your 2nd game selection "problem": Do you know that NeoGamma automatically detects the 2nd disc? This should reduce the need to select it manually to a minimum, only Action Replay needs this. Oh and you can select a 2nd disc from an actual 2nd disc too...

Quicksaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Strange results. Patched MIOS should actually ignore the video mode setting, so i don't really know what's happening.

Patched MIOS is a mode with reduced functionality(no Ocarina) that should only be used for incompatible games. I don't know what's happening on your Wii, if WiiGator's loader can play a game with color without patched MIOS, NeoGamma should be able too. Ok, i know the video mode code in NeoGamma isn't good, but i don't know how to improve it.
Did not know that, I do have Ocarina always turned off so that couldn't be it. Maybe by ignoring the video mode with patched MIOS, it doesn't do some kind of check that would produce the green screen freeze when the original video mode from the disc is different from what is being output? The way I see it, it would be either that or Wiigator's is actually using patched MIOS without you knowing about it and just assuming the black and white -> color conversion by default when using NTSC on a PAL machine (like I said, Wiigator's produces color images even when selecting the NTSC method). [EDIT: nevermind what I said, I was curious and checked both loaders codes, there's no way Wiigator's could be doing any of what I said...] Is there anything else I can do to help figure it out? I don't have an USB gecko so I can't give you any debug information that way, before you ask. Could it be related to my machine only and not a general PAL Wii thing?

QUOTE(WiiPower @ Nov 14 2010, 03:06 AM) About your 2nd game selection "problem": Do you know that NeoGamma automatically detects the 2nd disc? This should reduce the need to select it manually to a minimum, only Action Replay needs this. Oh and you can select a 2nd disc from an actual 2nd disc too...
Yeah, that's why I said it was just a suggestion, not a "problem"
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn