Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oops that was a typo. Mario Smash Football works with auto and gives a pink-screen with PAL60.
With disc I get no video signal for the select video mode screen. After a few seconds the game automatically selects PAL60, the video mode changes and from there on everything works fine.

House64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi!

(Firstable sorry for my bad english)

I give my GC results (beta13) mode GC Internal
Cmios v4 Wiigator

-Mode video : Disk
All games who boot in PAL 50 Hz give black screen (no video signal). (but the game is running, if at the begining of the game you can select the PAL 60 Hz mode and you select it, it works) NTSC games works.

-Mode video : PAL480i (PAL 60 Hz)
No problems with PAL games who support 60 Hz, but games who doesn't support it like Luigi's Mansion give a "No signal". NTSC games give a green screen.

-Mode video : PAL (auto)
All PAL games work in beta 12, but in beta 13 it give black screen when you want to change the video mode in games like Mario Kart DD!!. NTSC games give a green screen.

-Mode video : NTSC 480i
NTSC games works. I didn't try with PAL games.

-Mode video : PAL/NTSC 480p
Don't works. But I know it's difficult.
smile.gif

Now the backup compatibility :

-Zelda Wind Waker (PAL): works, but freezes when you want to watch fully the donjon map
-Zelda Twillight Princess (GC) (PAL): works
-Zelda Collectors Edition (PAL) : gives black screen after select a game/video
-Zelda Ocarina Of Time/Master Quest (PAL) : gives black screen after select a game. I didn't try videos
-Super Mario Sunshine (PAL) : works
-Mario Smash Football (PAL) : works
-Mario Kart Double Dash (PAL) : works
-Super Smash Bros Melee (PAL) : works
-F-Zero GX (PAL) : works
-Star Fox Assault (PAL) : works
-Pikmin (USA-NTSC) : works
-Battle Stadium DON (JAP-NTSC) : works
-Soul Calibur II (PAL) :works
-Mario Party 7 (PAL) : works
-Metroid Prime 2 (PAL) works
-Naruto 4 (JAP-NTSC) : works but there is no music (BGM), maybe it's easy to fix?

And that's all
wink.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you. The games collections don't work, because there's no muti .dol support now. I have an idea how to write it, but it's a lot of work, so it's low priority. Missing background music is something that will be impossible to fix, it's related to the audio streaming. 480p modes will only work if you are using component cables and then the complications start.

Ok, the video mode stuff still seems to be wrong. My goal is that every game works if booted with video mode disc, which is PAL50 for PAL discs, and NTSC for NTSC discs. On my wii it works(well the last time i tested...), now i wonder why there are problems with it.

Which PAL games do not boot in PAL50? Are you results reproducible?

House64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I have a HD TV and the official Nintendo component cables.

When I select PAL 480p whith F-Zero GX (PAL)(Backup), I have a "No Signal", or 480p signal but green screen, or 480i signal and the game lags.

I will try other games later.

For the PAL50 problem : when I select disk or PAL50, I have "No signal" with all the games who uses PAL50 to boot. With PAL 480i, It's the same problem.
But when I select PAL (auto), no problems.

I have a question : What the use of "video patches" : "No", "Normal", "More", "All"?

(Sorry for my bad english)

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
House64 said:
Well, I have a HD TV and the official Nintendo component cables.

When I select PAL 480p whith F-Zero GX (PAL)(Backup), I have a "No Signal", or 480p signal but green screen, or 480i signal and the game lags.

I will try other games later.

For the PAL50 problem : when I select disk or PAL50, I have "No signal" with all the games who uses PAL50 to boot. With PAL 480i, It's the same problem.
But when I select PAL (auto), no problems.

I have a question : What the use of "video patches" : "No", "Normal", "More", "All"?

(Sorry for my bad english)

Ok, for PAL discs, there should, "disc", "PAL(auto)" and "PAL480i" all boot in PAL50. I have to check if my code is correct.

The video mode patches sometimes allow to play games in video modes they otherwise won't work.

Neburg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greetings Wiipower:

Upload original Gamecube games NeoGamma lead me the same weaknesses as the backups.
Example: Eternal Darkness charging failure consult the manual.
Star Fox Adventure, failure of audio.
Metroid Prime 1 and 2 do not load.
Zelda Twilight Princess, Zelda Wind Waker, black screen not load.
So I think that the bug is in the load.
Greetings.

Neburg.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Neburg said:
Greetings Wiipower:

Upload original Gamecube games NeoGamma lead me the same weaknesses as the backups.
Greetings.

Neburg.

It highly depends on the used video mode. Retail Eternal Darkness and Startfox Adventures don't work for me too, but MP1&2 and Zelda Wind Waker boot for me, just not with PAL480i.

Neburg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Neburg said:
Greetings Wiipower:

Greetings.

Neburg.

It highly depends on the used video mode. Retail Eternal Darkness and Startfox Adventures don't work for me too, but MP1&2 and Zelda Wind Waker boot for me, just not with PAL480i.

Tested with different cmios, same result.
Loading Options:

Gamecube Mode: MIOS
Force Video: Disc
Video Patch: No

Right now I have, cmios rev5 Waninkoko.
Greetings.

PD: No Loading Pal480i Mode.

Neburg.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
M[u said:
ddy]
Neburg said:
Gamecube Mode: MIOS
Gamecube mode must be "Internal" or else you won't get any other results than what you get when starting the game via disc channel.

Yes, and Waninkoko's cMIOS are not compatible with internal GC mode.

All i'm doing about GC games is related to a compatible cMIOS + GC mode internal.

Neburg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tested with different cmios, same result, cMIOS + GC mode internal, cmios wiigator, wiipower.
Greetings.

PD: Tested Original games, ok.

Neburg.

hoosier_d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may very well not be understanding how this works but I do have a gecko code file for mario sunshine and it has been converted to a text file.........now, I go into the latest version of neogamma r9 beta 14 and turn gc ocarina on with no other options selected and my retail super mario sunshine boots as it should but it does not see my cheat file........yes the game id is the same on both disk and gct file.

~Jer~

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
Thank you. The games collections don't work, because there's no muti .dol support now. I have an idea how to write it, but it's a lot of work, so it's low priority.
Does this relate to multigame (GCOS) discs? If yes, how are they going to work? Are you going to do it the WiiGator way (choose the .dol in the NeoGamma menu), or are you going to make NeoGamma allow built-in game selection menus if the disc has one?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
YayMii said:
WiiPower said:
Thank you. The games collections don't work, because there's no muti .dol support now. I have an idea how to write it, but it's a lot of work, so it's low priority.
Does this relate to multigame (GCOS) discs? If yes, how are they going to work? Are you going to do it the WiiGator way (choose the .dol in the NeoGamma menu), or are you going to make NeoGamma allow built-in game selection menus if the disc has one?

You got me...

If you put several gamecube games on one disc, such multi game discs, do work in NeoGamma already and you select which game to load before the wii switches to gamecube mode. But since NeoGamma currently doesn't allow the drive to be resetted, the 2nd disc feature, where you eject the disc and reinstert it, doesn't work. Instead of being identified as the 2nd disc then, the drive doesn't read the disc at all.

If there are multiple games on a disc by design(Zelda Collector's editon for example), then each game has its own .dol. Since there's no reloader support for now, the actual game .dol is not patched and tries to read the disc as if it was a retail disc.

Amarok

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
wondering if there's an autoboot (for wii games) channel for this or maybe some1 could point me in the right direction so I could make one?

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Amarok said:
wondering if there's an autoboot (for wii games) channel for this or maybe some1 could point me in the right direction so I could make one?
Do you mean making a loader.dol game forwarder based on NeoGamma's app?... like current CFG or GX game loader forwarders?...
That definitely would be a very interesting project
mthrnitesmiley.gif
!

See ya!

Neburg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greetings Wiipower:

One suggestion that I'm doing, why not install the changed cmios wiipower, install the latest MIOSv10?
The most stable MIOSv4, but many original games such as Metroid Prime Trilogy itself detects it and asks you to upgrade, could be done something about it?.
Greetings.

PD: Sorry by my English.

Neburg.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Neburg said:
Greetings Wiipower:

One suggestion that I'm doing, why not install the changed cmios wiipower, install the latest MIOSv10?
The most stable MIOSv4, but many original games such as Metroid Prime Trilogy itself detects it and asks you to upgrade, could be done something about it?.
Greetings.

PD: Sorry by my English.

Neburg.

1. You may want to use priiloader and a skip update disc check hack
2. i already consider to update the cMIOS installer to allow installing the cMIOS as revision 65535 for exactly this purpose

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So from beta 15 on NeoGamma needs WiiGator's cMIOS to boot backups:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mn2jzmqg0ny

Before the cMIOS without DVD-R worked as well, because the games couldn't reset the drive. Now games can reset the drive, and the 2 disc on a multi game disc feature seems to be working from beta 15 on, with 2nd disc autodetetion and manual selection(push Z on 2nd disc). The 2nd disc feature is not working on modchips because the discs are running as retail discs then.

Sorry for the confusion with the other cMIOS.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
WiiPower said:
So from beta 15 on NeoGamma needs WiiGator's cMIOS to boot backups:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mn2jzmqg0ny

Before the cMIOS without DVD-R worked as well, because the games couldn't reset the drive. Now games can reset the drive, and the 2 disc on a multi game disc feature seems to be working from beta 15 on, with 2nd disc autodetetion and manual selection(push Z on 2nd disc). The 2nd disc feature is not working on modchips because the discs are running as retail discs then.

Sorry for the confusion with the other cMIOS.

Hi Wiipower

How come the link to the recommended cMIOS is WiiGator's 0.1 when there is a version 0.2? Is this older version better?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Okokokok i'm gonna do it @AncientBoi