Hacking Need help getting 4 player set up with Wii U injected Gamecube games.nintendont installed

Prophit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm new to the scene and been scouring the forums, reddit, and discord to get a definite answer to my question to no avail. So sorry if this is a repost or the question has been answered.
-I have a Wii U set up with games on a usb drive on the back.
-It's got haxchi CFW running and I've installed my games and nintendont using usb helper and gamecube games using Techon Moon injector.
-I have two 3rd party Wii U pro controllers that don't work with the gamecube games
-I've tried creating a controller.ini file and leaving them in the root of the SD or the nintendont folder
-I'm able to use the gamepad and a usb controller on the front usb port but not able to add another controller to the 2nd port or a multi port usb adapter
- I have nintendont launcher on my wii U dashboard but I can't really make any changes to the setting even though I'm able to run the games that needs it

From my understanding 3rd party controllers may not work, and only one usb port is functional for one controller. I'm trying to find out how I'd be able to play multiplayer games like mario kart double dashs, kirbys air ride, and smash melee. So I'd like to know what would be my options

would it work
- If I buy a mayflash adapter on amazon and 4 generic gamecube controllers
- 4 OEM Wii pro controllers
or is there additional steps I need to take to make what I have wor?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK there is no way to make Wii U Pro controllers work for VWii.

I believe you would have to buy 4 mayflash adapters and 4 controllers, ridiculous I know but what can do you. Wii Pro controllers is probably your best bet.

Prophit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK there is no way to make Wii U Pro controllers work for VWii.

I believe you would have to buy 4 mayflash adapters and 4 controllers, ridiculous I know but what can do you. Wii Pro controllers is probably your best bet.

Thanks for the response
-The mayflash adapter I've seen on amazon has 4 gamecube controller ports though.
-So can I use multiple OEM Wii Pro controllers in vwill or not? the docs I've read says I can but nothing about multiple. Or I can't use them at all since the GC injects are using the vWii. This is confusing.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe we're talking about different mayflash adapters I was talking about Magic NS Mayflash adapter, my mistake I forgot there are different ones. I have no idea about the one you're asking about someone else probably does.

I also can't say for sure about multiple Wii Pro controllers, no experience myself.

Reactions: Prophit

Tinnetju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm pretty sure you can use Wii pro controllers as they simulate a Wii controller. I have a mayflash GC adapter and 3 GC controllers and that works flawlessly. The only problem I have is that my gamepad is always player 1 and the adapter ignores port 1 because it thinks there already is a player 1.

Reactions: Prophit

Prophit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure you can use Wii pro controllers as they simulate a Wii controller. I have a mayflash GC adapter and 3 GC controllers and that works flawlessly. The only problem I have is that my gamepad is always player 1 and the adapter ignores port 1 because it thinks there already is a player 1.

From the looks of it my best options are to get a 4 port mayflash adapter and 4 gamecube controllers for the GC injects. Does it matter if I connect 4 generic GC controllers to the mayflash adapter or does it have to be OEM controllers?

Tinnetju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
From the looks of it my best options are to get a 4 port mayflash adapter and 4 gamecube controllers for the GC injects. Does it matter if I connect 4 generic GC controllers to the mayflash adapter or does it have to be OEM controllers?
I'm not sure how the adapter interpreters the signals of a 3rd party controller but it should all work the same. I only have official controllers so I can't test that for you. Sorry :(

Prophit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how the adapter interpreters the signals of a 3rd party controller but it should all work the same. I only have official controllers so I can't test that for you. Sorry :(
Well the adapter doesn't work, the 3rd party GC controllers weren't identified so I'm gonna try offical Wii U pro controllers

marcof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi everyone,

I've read the previous messages but it was not clear to me the following:

Does this adapter works with Nintendont?

http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiU/W012.html
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00RSXRLUE/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=A5BYQVXUZTBCS&psc=1

My idea is to connect only original GC controllers to it and to run them on Nintendont on the Wii U.

Also, I was wandering what is the best way to play the GameCube Games:
1) Through Nintendont on the Wii U connected to an HD TV?
2) Through the original hardware and an RGB cable on a CRT TV?

I've search the internet and didn't find a conclusive reply to this question.

I love Nintendont but I have all my consoles up to the 6th generation (with the exception of the OG Xbox) connected to my Sony Trinitron CRT.

Currently I'm only missing the Nintendo Wii (because I have the modded Wii U) and a GameCube (I'm also missing a PC Engine, but I'm working on it....hehehe).

Can u please help me to choose the best possible GameCube setup?

Cheers,

MF

Tinnetju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi everyone,

I've read the previous messages but it was not clear to me the following:

Does this adapter works with Nintendont?

http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiU/W012.html
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00RSXRLUE/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=A5BYQVXUZTBCS&psc=1

My idea is to connect only original GC controllers to it and to run them on Nintendont on the Wii U.

I've search the internet and didn't find a conclusive reply to this question.

I love Nintendont but I have all my consoles up to the 6th generation (with the exception of the OG Xbox) connected to my Sony Trinitron CRT.

Currently I'm only missing the Nintendo Wii (because I have the modded Wii U) and a GameCube (I'm also missing a PC Engine, but I'm working on it....hehehe).

Can u please help me to choose the best possible GameCube setup?

Cheers,

MF

I'm using a 3rd party adapter meant for the Nintendo Switch and it works just fine, not sure if mayweather works but I definitely think so.

I am running Nintendon't on a a very big smart TV, only problem is is that the gamecube games ar 16:9 which means the Wii U image is square so there are some black bars on the sides. Other than that the image is clear and no bugs whatsoever. A lot of gamecube games have widescreen mode though so you can try that but it might stretch the image as you can imagine.

I am also using a Wii u 3rd party pro controller which feels almost exactly the same as the gamecube controller which I can use for ALL games (including N64 and NES games) except for Wii games ofcourse, and I don't have to mess with any adapters or anything, just start it up and it's ready.

Reactions: marcof

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think the GCN supports 480p over SCART, just Y,Pb,Pr.

But, as usual, the best setup (other than upscaling Dolphin) depends on your equipment. But no composite or RF. That's just... ugh.

Reactions: marcof

Treeko

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to bump up this old thread, but I've got nintendont set up on my Wii U through the techon moon injector aswell, but I don't have nintendont installed on the dashboard of my Wii U, and I also don't have a controller ini file setup either, I read on some other threads that nintendont is compatible with PS4/PS3 controllers aswell, I don't have any other controllers for my Wii U except for the gamepad and I have a bunch of dualshock 4s from my ps4, is there any way to get multiplayer running on some of these gamecube virtual console injects or am I out of luck?

Btw the Wii U is setup with CBHC

Tinnetju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry to bump up this old thread, but I've got nintendont set up on my Wii U through the techon moon injector aswell, but I don't have nintendont installed on the dashboard of my Wii U, and I also don't have a controller ini file setup either, I read on some other threads that nintendont is compatible with PS4/PS3 controllers aswell, I don't have any other controllers for my Wii U except for the gamepad and I have a bunch of dualshock 4s from my ps4, is there any way to get multiplayer running on some of these gamecube virtual console injects or am I out of luck?

Btw the Wii U is setup with CBHC

Install the Nintendon't forwarder from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/ and make sure you have the config for the Dualshock 4's from the github rep in the correct folder. Should all work fine but you might have a problem configuring player 1

Prophit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late post on this but I figure I'd give an update. It seems like offical Wii U pro controllers work excellent to run Gamecube Games. You can play up to 4 players with no issue. Something that came up was that using the gamepad the left stick drifts I couldn't figure out how to fix it and it only seems to effect Gamecube controllers. someone in the forum suggested recalibration but I"m unaware as to how to do that in nintendont. It doesn't seem like a hardware problem as it only effects gamecube games.

MadMonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to bump the thread but it seemed the most relevant to my problem. I have a bunch of injected Gamecube games on my WiiU (not running through vWii but on the home screen) using Teconmoon. I plugged in the adapter I bought with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (I was told it was the same as the WiiU one) into the back, but when I boot up Metroid Prime 2 (and I'm assuming other games but I'm too scared to try for risk of breaking my console) it just gives me a black screen. Is there any way to use a Gamecube controller other than through Nintendont?

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump the thread but it seemed the most relevant to my problem. I have a bunch of injected Gamecube games on my WiiU (not running through vWii but on the home screen) using Teconmoon. I plugged in the adapter I bought with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (I was told it was the same as the WiiU one) into the back, but when I boot up Metroid Prime 2 (and I'm assuming other games but I'm too scared to try for risk of breaking my console) it just gives me a black screen. Is there any way to use a Gamecube controller other than through Nintendont?
You won't brick because of TeconMoon weirdness, don't worry. Can you try plugging in the adapter after the game boots?

MadMonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You won't brick because of TeconMoon weirdness, don't worry. Can you try plugging in the adapter after the game boots?

I could, but I was really scared lol. I'll give that a shot.

Edit: You were right on the money. It worked after the game started up, but if I had the adapter plugged in beforehand the game wouldn't load no matter what. If it really is safe I'll keep poking around.

Thanks!

Last edited by MadMonster,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up