Gamecube adapter not working for Project M on USB loader GX on Wii U

Gentleman3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I recently got a Gamecube controller for Project M on USB loader GX on my Wii U in Vwii mode, so I could play better, It worked when I played SSB4 but when I switched to USB Loader it didn't work so I'm wondering if is there something I can do or some workaround here to get them to work on a Wii U through a GameCube adapter that plugs into the USB ports that plugs Gamecube controllers into it?

WingedStar64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
As far as I know, the GameCube controller Adapter only works for Nintendont (ya know, that GameCube games loader) as it supports HID controllers... I don't know if it also works with some other stuff such as emulators for the Wii as well.

I think there is a way to get this adapter to work on Wii games on vWii (as long as you have either an original adapter from Nintendo or a third-party one from Mayflash as these are the only ones who actually work), but only with original game discs, and not with USB Loader GX, sadly...

I may be wrong... But I think your best option is to play it on a Wii (if you have one with backwards compatibility), or getting a HORI Battle Pad, which is a GameCube-like Classic Controller you can plug in your Wiimote...

Steelmonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there was a project to try and have the iso built in with gcc support but as far as I know it's been abandoned and it doesn't seem like anyone is willing to pick it up. I'll see if i can find the thread here about it and the corresponding git hub. Would be a dream if it was completed, to play most of the smash games on the wiiu would be amazing.

Edit: found the old thread talking about it https://gbatemp.net/threads/need-help-with-vwii-gc-adapter-for-project-m.498236/
and the github to follow https://github.com/wilm0x42/wii-gc-adapter-inject

Last edited by Steelmonkey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto