Need help getting 4 player set up with Wii U injected Gamecube games.nintendont installed

Prophit Sep 10, 2019.

1. Prophit
    OP

Prophit Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    United States
    So I'm new to the scene and been scouring the forums, reddit, and discord to get a definite answer to my question to no avail. So sorry if this is a repost or the question has been answered.
    -I have a Wii U set up with games on a usb drive on the back.
    -It's got haxchi CFW running and I've installed my games and nintendont using usb helper and gamecube games using Techon Moon injector.
    -I have two 3rd party Wii U pro controllers that don't work with the gamecube games
    -I've tried creating a controller.ini file and leaving them in the root of the SD or the nintendont folder
    -I'm able to use the gamepad and a usb controller on the front usb port but not able to add another controller to the 2nd port or a multi port usb adapter
    - I have nintendont launcher on my wii U dashboard but I can't really make any changes to the setting even though I'm able to run the games that needs it

From my understanding 3rd party controllers may not work, and only one usb port is functional for one controller. I'm trying to find out how I'd be able to play multiplayer games like mario kart double dashs, kirbys air ride, and smash melee. So I'd like to know what would be my options

would it work
    - If I buy a mayflash adapter on amazon and 4 generic gamecube controllers
    - 4 OEM Wii pro controllers
    or is there additional steps I need to take to make what I have wor?

2. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    AFAIK there is no way to make Wii U Pro controllers work for VWii.

I believe you would have to buy 4 mayflash adapters and 4 controllers, ridiculous I know but what can do you. Wii Pro controllers is probably your best bet.

3. Prophit
    OP

Prophit Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    United States
    Thanks for the response
    -The mayflash adapter I've seen on amazon has 4 gamecube controller ports though.
    -So can I use multiple OEM Wii Pro controllers in vwill or not? the docs I've read says I can but nothing about multiple. Or I can't use them at all since the GC injects are using the vWii. This is confusing.

4. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Maybe we're talking about different mayflash adapters I was talking about Magic NS Mayflash adapter, my mistake I forgot there are different ones. I have no idea about the one you're asking about someone else probably does.

I also can't say for sure about multiple Wii Pro controllers, no experience myself.

Prophit likes this.
  5. Tinnetju

Tinnetju Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2018
    Netherlands
    I'm pretty sure you can use Wii pro controllers as they simulate a Wii controller. I have a mayflash GC adapter and 3 GC controllers and that works flawlessly. The only problem I have is that my gamepad is always player 1 and the adapter ignores port 1 because it thinks there already is a player 1.

Prophit likes this.
  6. Prophit
    OP

Prophit Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    United States
    From the looks of it my best options are to get a 4 port mayflash adapter and 4 gamecube controllers for the GC injects. Does it matter if I connect 4 generic GC controllers to the mayflash adapter or does it have to be OEM controllers?

7. Tinnetju

Tinnetju Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2018
    Netherlands
    I'm not sure how the adapter interpreters the signals of a 3rd party controller but it should all work the same. I only have official controllers so I can't test that for you. Sorry :(

8. Prophit
    OP

Prophit Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    United States
    Well the adapter doesn't work, the 3rd party GC controllers weren't identified so I'm gonna try offical Wii U pro controllers

9. marcof

marcof Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    Portugal
    Hi everyone,

I've read the previous messages but it was not clear to me the following:

Does this adapter works with Nintendont?

http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiU/W012.html
    https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00RSXRLUE/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=A5BYQVXUZTBCS&psc=1

My idea is to connect only original GC controllers to it and to run them on Nintendont on the Wii U.

Also, I was wandering what is the best way to play the GameCube Games:
    1) Through Nintendont on the Wii U connected to an HD TV?
    2) Through the original hardware and an RGB cable on a CRT TV?

I've search the internet and didn't find a conclusive reply to this question.

I love Nintendont but I have all my consoles up to the 6th generation (with the exception of the OG Xbox) connected to my Sony Trinitron CRT.

Currently I'm only missing the Nintendo Wii (because I have the modded Wii U) and a GameCube (I'm also missing a PC Engine, but I'm working on it....hehehe).

Can u please help me to choose the best possible GameCube setup?

Cheers,

MF

10. Tinnetju

Tinnetju Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2018
    Netherlands
    I'm using a 3rd party adapter meant for the Nintendo Switch and it works just fine, not sure if mayweather works but I definitely think so.

I am running Nintendon't on a a very big smart TV, only problem is is that the gamecube games ar 16:9 which means the Wii U image is square so there are some black bars on the sides. Other than that the image is clear and no bugs whatsoever. A lot of gamecube games have widescreen mode though so you can try that but it might stretch the image as you can imagine.

I am also using a Wii u 3rd party pro controller which feels almost exactly the same as the gamecube controller which I can use for ALL games (including N64 and NES games) except for Wii games ofcourse, and I don't have to mess with any adapters or anything, just start it up and it's ready.

marcof likes this.
  11. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    United Kingdom
    I don't think the GCN supports 480p over SCART, just Y,Pb,Pr.

But, as usual, the best setup (other than upscaling Dolphin) depends on your equipment. But no composite or RF. That's just... ugh.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted