Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but not many games will work, and saving doesn't work.
Alright, thanks. Here is an exact image of my card. I've tried every "for flashcart microSD card" folder in that file (except the one for SC DSONE) and YSMenu never autoboots :/ Is there a modified firmware I need to use? My firmware for this cart includes the following files:
  • R4.dat (file)
  • R4iMenu (directory)
  • moonmemo (directory)
  • moonshl2 (directory)

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I placed all of the Gateway Blue Card files from the file in OP on the mSD card, but when I start up the card, I see the microSD card icon, the favorites folder icon, and the Slot-2 icon, but with no text and a black background. Trying to select the microSD card results in a dialog popup with no text.

DoJo_Master

Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Please please get the DSTWO working again! This is an awesome project but I feel without DSTWO functionality it drives allot of users away, still to this day the DSTWO is the most jam packed when it comes to DS game features, stupid little things like slow mo and ingame cheats!

hibachib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried reading through this thread a couple times, but still can't get my head around a couple things. Here's a few questions I have:

1) Are the files in the "DS Game Forwarder Pack" are supposed to overwrite the existing Wood kernel files for my R4i Gold 3DS RTS (R4ids.cn version) on the SD card if they overlap?
2) The forwarder .CIAs use YSMenu to run the roms in NTR mode, right?
3) If so, is it still possible to run the standard Wood firmware that the card came with when launching the card normally (i.e. using the "Konami Digital Entertainment" cartridge icon on the 3DS' main menu)?
4) And if #2 and #3 are true, would the saves generated with the forwarders be usable with the flashcard when launched normally without the fowarders?

Last edited by hibachib,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried reading through this thread a couple times, but still can't get my head around a couple things. Here's a few questions I have:

1) Are the files in the "DS Game Forwarder Pack" are supposed to overwrite the existing Wood kernel files for my R4i Gold 3DS RTS (R4ids.cn version) on the SD card if they overlap?
2) The forwarder .CIAs use YSMenu to run the roms in NTR mode, right?
3) If so, is it still possible to run the standard Wood firmware that the card came with when launching the card normally (i.e. using the "Konami Digital Entertainment" cartridge icon on the 3DS' main menu)?
4) And if #2 and #3 are true, would the saves generated with the forwarders be usable with the flashcard when launched normally without the fowarders?
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. idk
4. Yes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Please please get the DSTWO working again! This is an awesome project but I feel without DSTWO functionality it drives allot of users away, still to this day the DSTWO is the most jam packed when it comes to DS game features, stupid little things like slow mo and ingame cheats!
Why not use TWLoader? It saves a lot of TWLNAND space from multiple forwarder CIAs, and you're not limited by the 40 DSiWare limit.

DoJo_Master

Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. idk
4. Yes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why not use TWLoader? It saves a lot of TWLNAND space from multiple forwarder CIAs, and you're not limited by the 40 DSiWare limit.
With TWLoader you have to have the nds files located on the DSTWO sd card which kind of wrecks the whole point for me... Huge SD card for my 3ds, 8 gb one for my DSTWO lol

Bielkusanagi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Bootstrap not found.
Running without patches.

If this is a retail ROM,
it will not run.

Press Start...
No 3ds file specified
ROM not found.

what i do to fix this error?

JoshiYoshi64

Elite
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I installed the cia but it doesn't launch.
Am I supposed to use the nds file I also got with 3-ds or my extracted one?
And where do I put it?

This is cooler than TWLoader.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I installed the cia but it doesn't launch.
Am I supposed to use the nds file I also got with 3-ds or my extracted one?
And where do I put it?
Use the ROM. Also, make sure "Automatically use ROM path" is set, if you're using Windows.
Where are you running the ROM from?
This is cooler than TWLoader.
It's cooler, but they're outdated. With TWLoader, you can get around the 40 title limit, and TWLNAND space won't be taken up a lot.

JoshiYoshi64

Elite
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Use the ROM. Also, make sure "Automatically use ROM path" is set, if you're using Windows.
Where are you running the ROM from?
I'm not. When I downloaded it there was a forwarder cia and nds. I only installed the cia.

It's cooler, but they're outdated. With TWLoader, you can get around the 40 title limit, and TWLNAND space won't be taken up a lot.
Don't want to make many ds cia games so I should be fine.

JoshiYoshi64

Elite
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Also, TWLoader works with only a few games.
Also when you play the game with this do you have to have the cartridge inserted?
Where do you put the rom file?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, TWLoader works with only a few games.
Same for forwarders, if ROMs are on SD. You can use TWLoader to run ROMs from flashcarts as well.
Also when you play the game with this do you have to have the cartridge inserted?
If it's a flashcard, yes, but if ROM is on SD, then no.
Where do you put the rom file?
Anywhere you want. Just make sure "Automatically set ROM path" is marked, and you're dragging the ROM from the selected device into the Forwarder3-DS window.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

JoshiYoshi64

Elite
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Same for forwarders, if ROMs are on SD. You can use TWLoader to run ROMs from flashcarts as well.

If it's a flashcard, yes, but if ROM is on SD, then no.

Anywhere you want. Just make sure "Automatically set ROM path" is marked, and you're dragging the ROM from the selected device into the Forwarder3-DS window.
When I launch the game it's just a white screen

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.