Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

achyoav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Yes, but I suggest using TWLoader, as the forwarders are outdated, and takes up TWLNAND space, and the 40 DSiWare HOME Menu slots.
I play a ton of tetris ds using TWLoader, I want to forward it to the home menu. Will it work with this smoothly?
EDIT: doesn't matter, I installed it and it works perfect :)

Last edited by achyoav,

lurkerer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just noticed that forwarder3ds outputs a 1MB forwarder.nds file when generating the forwarder.cia, I thought it was just a backup but I guess it has a purpose considering the different file size?

lurkerer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you, I thought as much :)

I've still got a few things to try before I give up! Wish me luck >.<

Edit; I discovered the issue I was having, The forwarders for some reason on Acekard 2.1 do not like to read roms from the Flashcards SD root- they should be placed in a folder instead.

Thank you so much for this @Robz8 ! My 3DS is in it's final form. 100% full power. Time to destroy namek, etc.

Last edited by lurkerer,
Reactions: Majickhat55

Jeph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As far as game performance is concerned, does the forwarder work any faster than TWLoader, or is the only difference having the launcher on the home menu, as opposed to listed in the loader?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as game performance is concerned, does the forwarder work any faster than TWLoader, or is the only difference having the launcher on the home menu, as opposed to listed in the loader?
The only difference is having the launcher on the HOME Menu.

Reactions: Jeph

lurkerer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last question, from me @Robz8

Does Ys Menu have a lower game compatibility than that of Akaio 1.9.0 / 1.9.1?

I'm guessing that's why some roms that would normally boot fine through the default firmware are failing to boot through the Ys menu forwarders / Ys menu itself.

Eg; Okamiden, and other "late in the life cycle" titles that had advanced AP measures.

Last edited by lurkerer,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last question, from me @Robz8

Does Ys Menu have a lower game compatibility than that of Akaio 1.9.0 / 1.9.1?

I'm guessing that's why some roms that would normally boot fine through the default firmware are failing to boot through the Ys menu forwarders / Ys menu itself.

Eg; Okamiden, and other "late in the life cycle" titles that had advanced AP measures.
Yes, it does.

someguy12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is it possible to set MKDS as the donor rom for multiple games using this forwarder? If so, how would I do it?

Also, if I want to update bootstrap to the latest (currently 0.6), would I just replace the nds-boostrap.nds with the current nds-bootstrap.3ds.nds file?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is it possible to set MKDS as the donor rom for multiple games using this forwarder? If so, how would I do it?
I forgot.
Also, if I want to update bootstrap to the latest (currently 0.6), would I just replace the nds-boostrap.nds with the current nds-bootstrap.3ds.nds file?
Yes.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant seem to make this work. I have an Acekard2i(which is flashed with ntrboot(maybe this is the case?????dunno)). I just keep getting white screens when opening the forwarders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.