Hacking {{N3ds users ONLY}} post your results if you are going to downgrade.

jeandiegoconi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
MISSION SUCCEDED New 3DS XL USA 10.3.0-28U To 9.2
OiKO37Q.jpg

WhiteDawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Success! I was on 9.9.0-28u, tried to run downgrade many times through ninjahax and themehax but couldn't get past 7. After getting a bit peeved I updated to 10.3.0-28u, then attempted it again with ninjahax and themehax. Finally after about 5 tries with themehax I got to the menu, pressed Y, and success! I am on 9.2.0-20u! Wow I can't believe it!

mooglazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waiting for confirmation from any Happy Home Edition N3DS (non-XL) USA users. Looking to try this on a stock (not updated) console. My guess is it will come with 9.8.0-25U, but I don't know just yet.

Last edited by mooglazer,

macboy3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downgraded around 3 times now and with every attempt it'll give me an "error has occurred" upon boot. Ive been able to go to recovery and update back to normal. Does this mean I have a bad download?

N3Ds 10.3 us

mooglazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obvious Question time: Given potential bricks, shouldn't everyone be doing a Sysnand backup before attempting this? At the very least it gives you the potential to possibly do a hardmod restore?

u4ick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
downgraded my n3ds successfully after a bunch of sysupdater immediately crashing. now running rxtools.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waiting for confirmation from any Happy Home Edition N3DS (non-XL) USA users. Looking to try this on a stock (not updated) console. My guess is it will come with 9.8.0-25U, but I don't know just yet.

Someone reported a "USA Normal Non-XL New 3DS" so i assume they meant the Happy Home Edition for USA. Anyways he said that it bricked his N3DS. No other confirmations as of yet, im still prowling this thread like a wolf though to find out.

YuviApp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the n3ds cfw guide. But for some reason i dont have FBI installed on Emunand. Is there anyway of getting it on there now?

Gafanhotz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I managed to downgrade to 9.2 here, N3DS XL US, but couldn't launch RXTools, NATIVE_FIRM error 5. Aside that, I could install emunand on SD card but not boot it.

Edit: Also no PastaCFW. Black screen.

Last edited by Gafanhotz,

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hy, i saw tha you have a japanese console, any news about downgrading?
Yeah. I have a non-XL JN3DS. I managed to get CFW from 10.3 down to 9.2 using tux's build. Just make sure you remove the CIA I mentioned earlier or it'll brick when you downgrade.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I saw someone on /hbg/ confirm it working, but I hear of a lot more bricks than successes with it.

I suggest you continue waiting until a new version comes out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong