Hacking {{N3ds users ONLY}} post your results if you are going to downgrade.

Katanira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've been on the site as a ghost for so long that I decided to join for this great occasion.

I used sysUpdater 0.4.2b on a N3ds with the 10.3.0-28 U kernel, along with a 9.2.0-20 U update.

The first 15 tries were unsuccessful (the first 8 were with the oot3dhax, and the last 7 were with menuhax 2.1). It would hang on step 5 or step 7.

I then tried using the browserhax and then opening and closing FTP-3DS and it worked like a charm. (I did not try oot3dhax or menuhax 2.1 with opening and closing FTP-3DS, though).

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've been on the site as a ghost for so long that I decided to join for this great occasion.

I used sysUpdater 0.4.2b on a N3ds with the 10.3.0-28 U kernel, along with a 9.2.0-20 U update.

The first 15 tries were unsuccessful (the first 8 were with the oot3dhax, and the last 7 were with menuhax 2.1). It would hang on step 5 or step 7.

I then tried using the browserhax and then opening and closing FTP-3DS and it worked like a charm. (I did not try oot3dhax or menuhax 2.1 with opening and closing FTP-3DS, though).

XL or no?

Reactions: jscjml

RunningHamster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
#burn in hell mothafuggers!
So after about over 65 tries manually....
fW 9.2 is mine!!!
I downgraded a N3DSXL from 10.3 to 9.2.20-E
I tried using Menuhax, Ninjhax, Browserhax. M8 none worked. So after 65 times of me retrying because it was stuck on #5, it worked! I didn't have a black screen or nothing!

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a brief moment when the bottom screen of my N3DS flashes while trying to power it on if that helps. Also take a look at the video I linked in my last post, that's all I can do (mostly luck).

Katanira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a brief moment when the bottom screen of my N3DS flashes while trying to power it on if that helps. Also take a look at the video I linked in my last post, that's all I can do (mostly luck).
Might possibly increase chances by opening FTP-3DS then closing it back to the homebrew main before trying the downgrade. Not sure if it will, but it might.

Corey12901

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using this version I get to the downgrade menu, but I get this error when getting cia file information:
titleException:
main.cpp:108: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!

I'm using the 9.2.0-20E(Full)_n3DS update from the iso site

Same here as well but using us version of 9.2 off that certain site as well. Rechecked and downloaded again and same message. Any help?

Toiry921

Maki Best Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked for me 9.9.0-26U to 9.2 got stuck at the black reboot screen for half hour then rebooted manually and worked fine after entry point OOThax and just directly to the downgrader

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone getting Failed to get CIA file info: Are you sure you're using the right downgrade pack? The O3DS and N3DS packs are completely separate.

Also, if you're using a Mac, I hear it likes to mess with the /updates/ folder and add extra hidden files. Somewhere like page 12 or so someone else had this same problem, and solved it 2 pages later.

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Everyone getting Failed to get CIA file info: Are you sure you're using the right downgrade pack? The O3DS and N3DS packs are completely separate.

Also, if you're using a Mac, I hear it likes to mess with the /updates/ folder and add extra hidden files. Somewhere like page 12 or so someone else had this same problem, and solved it 2 pages later.
Using 9.2.0-20E(Full)_n3DS on windows

Reactions: Zedjones

rfire90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol 3 trys for me now hyrule gold 9.2.0-20U 3ds

Edit: Emunand and CIA working
What version did you downgrade from? I have a fresh hyrule n3ds that I just unboxed on 9.9, but I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow for some more reliable information.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1