Homebrew My toughts on the HomebrewU channel

Trylk248

Honest helper and custom content creator.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there! So I want to share with the developppers my toughts about the Homebrew channel on the Wii U.

First of all, very nice job everyone.
Thanks @FIX94 to have made this possible.

Since the Wii U has been abandonned by Nintendo, is reworking the Homebrew channel possible to make it much more stable and maybe more powerful. What I would like to see is an UI improvement with more details for the user

Example : Show network connection state, show available space on SD Card.

Bugs to fix :
[None yet found]

Features which could be added maybe? :
*Mount, unmount, remount SD Card.
*Menu for themes instead of creating dofferent homebrews for the same thing.
*In the installed Apps menu, show the "Category" under app's name.
*Add a "Warning, this app can be dangerous if not used properly, you can brick you console!" message to dangerous apps, such as "Haxchi", etc.

Last edited by Trylk248, , Reason: Changed post's tone after complain of a GBAPatron.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why would the glitchy music in the Homebrew App Store be an issue of the Homebrew Launcher..? And simply saying "I don't know what programming is but it should be better!!!" isn't really useful at all... You also say "we" yet you expect other people to do everything here. I just don't like the overall tone of the post.

Reactions: Lacius and Trylk248
D

Deleted User

Refrain from using "We" if you haven't contributed to homebrew in anyway since that kinda pisses some people off.
We don't need better coding language because PPC is primary thing in Wii U coding.
Third, everything will come when it will be time. I bet some devs are focusing on more experienced shnit now. (or not, but there will be always that one which plays around with Wii U)

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Trylk248

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there! So I want to share with the developppers my toughts about the Homebrew channel on the Wii U.

First of all, very nice job everyone.
Thanks @FIX94 to have made this possible.

Since the Wii U has been abandonned by Nintendo, is reworking the Homebrew channel possible to make it much more stable and maybe more powerful. What I would like to see is an UI improvement with more details for the user

Example : Show network connection state, show available space on SD Card.

Bugs to fix :
[None yet found]

Features which could be added maybe? :
*Mount, unmount, remount SD Card.
*Menu for themes instead of creating dofferent homebrews for the same thing.
*In the installed Apps menu, show the "Category" under app's name.
*Add a "Warning, this app can be dangerous if not used properly, you can brick you console!" message to dangerous apps, such as "Haxchi", etc.

Why should the homebrew launcher show a warning about haxchi the warning should be in the haxchi app. Haxchi was not developed by the dev of the homebrew launcher so it is not their responsibility to warn people

The show available space on sd card thing is pointless as to put homebrew on the card you need to use a PC anyway and can get the info there

The install apps menu thing is part of the homebrew app store again nothing to do with the homebrew launcher.

And every other feature you ask is pointless or has nothing to do with the homebrew launcher

D

Deleted User

Why should the homebrew launcher show a warning about haxchi the warning should be in the haxchi app. Haxchi was not developed by the dev of the homebrew launcher so it is not their responsibility to warn people

The show available space on sd card thing is pointless as to put homebrew on the card you need to use a PC anyway and can get the info there

The install apps menu thing is part of the homebrew app store again nothing to do with the homebrew launcher.

And every other feature you ask is pointless or has nothing to do with the homebrew launcher
But on other hand when boot1 and true cfw becomes a thing... we would do alot of cool stuff.
But now we are kinda in a black hole which is repeating itself. Oh well...

Trylk248

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, no warnings means you assume the risks and are aware of what you're doing.

Maybe that's pointless to you, but, may I ask the WHY the Wii HBC was more detailed? I honestly feel like the HBC for Wii U is just a launch platforms for hombrews.

Remember that having this Warning message is MAYBE ANNOYING/POINTLESS but... once you saw it, you can't say you didn't knew it was dangerous. Also, i took HAXCHI as EXAMPLE.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, remember how many homebrews on the WII had warning screens? I've barely or just seen NONE on the Wii U.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, no warnings means you assume the risks and are aware of what you're doing.

Maybe that's pointless to you, but, may I ask the WHY the Wii HBC was more detailed? I honestly feel like the HBC for Wii U is just a launch platforms for hombrews.

Remember that having this Warning message is MAYBE ANNOYING/POINTLESS but... once you saw it, you can't say you didn't knew it was dangerous. Also, i took HAXCHI as EXAMPLE.
Yes but the point being it should be the apps responsibility to warn you not the launchers responsibility as the launcher will not brick the wiiu the app will. Also you go on about the wii homebrew launcher that had zero warnings about bricks the apps did.

D

Deleted User

CBHC has 500 warnings during it's installation.
The vWii warning was implemented by HackMii Installer homebrew, not by HBC afaik.
HBL is completely open source so why won't you rewrite it? Would brighten this scene up a little bit.

It's not like nobody wants to work now, most of people are focusing on understanding the Wii U more. We have this small community which made everything possible.
Heck, if they didn't do anything then no one would.

Trylk248

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fine, but don't come say I was right on a point for the lack of warning messages in homebrews (apps).

I see more warning on GBATemp than in apps themselves to be honest.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fine, but don't come say I was right on a point for the lack of warning messages in homebrews (apps).

I see more warning on GBATemp than in apps themselves to be honest.
Your really not getting it are you lol yes the apps should have warnings if they can brick the wiiu the homebrew launcher should not have warnings as it can't brick the wiiu.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Trylk248

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not being dumb. Compare the Wii Homebrews with Wii U ones. okay they are in description but not EVERYONE reads it.

In my opinion, it should be a warning screen just like with HackMii. Just to make sure people know what they're doing. Not my fault if people don't read full descriptions.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not being dumb. Compare the Wii Homebrews with Wii U ones. okay they are in description but not EVERYONE reads it.

In my opinion, it should be a warning screen just like with HackMii. Just to make sure people know what they're doing. Not my fault if people don't read full descriptions.
Yes but HackMii installer could brick the wii. The wiiu homebrew launcher can't brick the wiiu so no warning needed I don't know how many times you need to be told that.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

But man..
You can't brick by doing Haxchi. You can't brick by launching HBL.
The only homebrew which can render your Wii U unusable if you fail to follow simple instructions as of now is CBHC. It also has warnings. It even asks you twice if you really want to install it.

vWii is old times. Battery icon and SDCard size was there because games stored up save files there and battery icon was there to inform user for how long he can play with his wiimote.
Not really useful, instead of implementing useless features now, let's focus on something else.

Trylk248

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alriht i agree. i am just very used to see warnings such as "this can potentially brick your console"/"if u have paod for his u should ask refund immediately" etc.

also felek, wanna be friends? :)

D

Deleted User

alriht i agree. i am just very used to see warnings such as "this can potentially brick your console"/"if u have paod for his u should ask refund immediately" etc.

also felek, wanna be friends? :)
It's okay.
Sure thing :creep:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill