You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jacobeian said:
it's not Kongnutz fault if you were too lazy/impatient/whatever to read a few instructions
this is all your fault and willl teach you to think before acting next time

Not that it matters a bit but this is what the page states:
What You'll Need:

Homebrew Channel installed already
IOS249 rev7 or 8 installed already (GUIDE HERE for 3.4/3.3 users if you need it)
SD Card
This .rar file DOWNLOAD

If this is a guide for newbies (it's what Kongnutz said) how can a non-technical newbie like myself know what IOS249 is?? I follow this scene from the beginning but all these IOS terms makes my head spin. I tried searching and finding out stuff, but I never can get my head round it. If Kongnutter just said "You WILL need a cIOS otherwise you're fucked for life" I would have stayed clear. It's not for nothing that I never installed a cIOS before, because I've always been very careful with installing things on my Wii.
But just this time only I thought "Well, that looks very safe and trustworthy".....and look what happened! I fucked myself thanks to NO WARNING AT ALL from mister Kongnutz. You can all say all you want, but if you where in my shoes right now you would be angry as hell too. Being the careful Wii user I am I thought I could do this, but just this little line "IOS249 rev7 or 8 installed already" is not enough to make this a newbie guide.

I'm so angry!

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:
Jacobeian said:
it's not Kongnutz fault if you were too lazy/impatient/whatever to read a few instructions

What You'll Need:

IOS249 rev7 or 8 installed already (GUIDE HERE for 3.4/3.3 users if you need it)
SD Card
This .rar file DOWNLOAD

If this is a guide for newbies (it's what Kongnutz said) how can a non-technical newbie like myself know what IOS249 is?? I follow this scene from the beginning but all these IOS terms makes my head spin. I tried searching and finding out stuff, but I never can get my head round it. If Kongnutter just said "You WILL need a cIOS otherwise you're fucked for life" I would have stayed clear. It's not for nothing that I never installed a cIOS before, because I've always been very careful with installing things on my Wii.
But just this time only I thought "Well, that looks very safe and trustworthy".....and look what happened! I fucked myself thanks to NO WARNING AT ALL from mister Kongnutz. You can all say all you want, but if you where in my shoes right now you would be angry as hell too. Being the careful Wii user I am I thought I could do this, but just this little line "IOS249 rev7 or 8 installed already" is not enough to make this a newbie guide.

I'm so angry!

No offense dude, but your reaction to "You will need IOS249 installed" was "I don't know what this is, so I'll just proceed without it"? Seems like the wrong decision :/

I was confused by it too- I didn't know IOS249 == cIOS, as I'm a noobie to Wii homebrew. I got on Kongnutz' Live Chat and ASKED him what it was.

Also, you're not "****ed for life". This is day 2 after an update. SOMEONE is going to come up with a method to downgrade new 4.0 Wii's to 3.2 to install homebrew channel, and you'll be able to use this method to downgrade, install IOS249, and reupgrade. I give it a week, a month tops. You're just stuck for a little while.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
berlinka said:
Jacobeian said:

What You'll Need:

SD Card
This .rar file DOWNLOAD

I'm so angry!

that little line which says "ios249 rev7 or 8 installed already" IS ENOUGH for almost all competent people. if you are that much of a noob, you should not be modding your wii. dont blame others for your lack of knowledge and understanding. there is numerous guides on installing cios out there.

if you dont understand it, dont do it...simple as that..

hell he even linked you to a guide which you DID NOT FOLLOW!

and as always, these mods come with NO WARRANTY and only support in the forums.. you are taking the risk by doing them...quit your bitching and accept the fact that YOU messed up..

frogcloset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
"You WILL need a cIOS otherwise you're fucked for life"

the only reason you would be reacting like this is that you have a pile of "backup" discs that the originals of have suddenly disapeared.

if youve been "backing up" wii games since the start then youve dont pretty well in regards to saving money.

deal with it.

NikoK

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This realistically makes the HBC pointless considering we could just make .wad the new standard for apps......injecting the elf file into the .wad with a custom image.

CapeCrusader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I missing something or what. If you do update to 4.0 using this or any other current method preloader and starfall go away and no longer work. So what happens when a new game like Punch-Out or whatever comes out and requires you to install updates or loads updates automatically in order to play. You can lose it all as the new updates just may remove all that you worked for. Am I wrong in thinking this?

frogcloset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CapeCrusader said:
Am I missing something or what. If you do update to 4.0 using this or any other current method preloader and starfall go away and no longer work. So what happens when a new game like Punch-Out or whatever comes out and requires you to install updates or loads updates automatically in order to play. You can lose it all as the new updates just may remove all that you worked for. Am I wrong in thinking this?

far from wrong

ive got the feeling nintendo held back the main releases until 4.0 was out.

the next few games (punchout for certain) will force an update or reuse to work, nintendo are finally been clever.

Daileon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
callmebob said:
Sorry!, looks like I lied a bit in my previous post about the trucha signed discs.

"Scrubbed" images are trucha signed, right? I only have a few of those, and the 2 I tried run fine.

But my custom Guitar Hero ones don´t!
frown.gif

Also, No More Heroes won´t run anymore either.
blink.gif
And it´s clean. NTSC game, NTSC system!!!

This is because the guide tells you to do the Nintendo update, and they fix the damn Trucha bug. In theory, if you have done the Waninkoko Update, they would work fine. I don't know if there's a way to workaround this.

So I think that the OP must let clear that the Nintendo update fixes the Trucha bug, and recommend the Waninkoko update, in my opinion.

BTW, THANKS A LOT to the OP! I was searching for this since yesterday morning. I love you
laugh.gif

To the brazilians, I've made a COMPLETE guide to install this, in all possible Wii versions, if somebody want, just tell me!

PS.: Scrubbed are not Trucha-ed.

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide.
I had my Wii Softmii'd at 3.2U and updated to 4.0 as I followed the guide.
Now I can't play N64 Virtual Console games at all.
I can still play Tetris Party, however.
I copied SSB64 and Paper Mario to my SD card and they won't load. Paper Mario is legit, SSB isn't. Tetris Party isn't legit either, but it works.
I'm going to see if I can install wads and play a pirated game from my SD card alone.

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help the noob out for a second.

Nintendo's update fixes the Trucha bug. What does this mean?
i.e., can I still play Tatsunoko vs Capcom in Gamma?

I don't really know what the Trucha bug's impact is :/ Sorry.

Posts merged

games2007 said:
I followed the guide.
I had my Wii Softmii'd at 3.2U and updated to 4.0 as I followed the guide.
Now I can't play N64 Virtual Console games at all.
I can still play Tetris Party, however.
I copied SSB64 and Paper Mario to my SD card and they won't load. Paper Mario is legit, SSB isn't. Tetris Party isn't legit either, but it works.
I'm going to see if I can install wads and play a pirated game from my SD card alone.

Did you install IOS249? And can you play SSB64 when it's on the Wii, not SD card?

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
callmebob said:
"Scrubbed" images are trucha signed, right?

No, not necessarily.

There are 2 Ways to Scrub a Disc...

1. The bad method (TRUCHA)
--> Resulting ISO < 4,7GB
--> garbage data is ripped off the ISO
--> uses Trucha Bug

2. The good method (0xFF)
--> Resulting ISO is still 4,7GB
--> garbage data is ripped off the ISO
--> better to compress by packers(RAR, 7zip, ...) than the unscrubbed ISO
--> no Trucha

If u change partitions WiiScrubber may use the Trucha too...

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Now this is strange.
Being in 3.2 I lost my Sin and Punishment download ticket -I purchased the game because I love it-, I ''uninstall'' the game though Wadmanager so I screw my download ticket in the process, within the game and the save.
Now I'm on 4.0, I decide take a look at the Wiishop Channel to check Virtual Console Arcade, I see my transfered games, and guess what.... my mother friging downloading ticket was there, after 1 month the thing was totally erased and happen to appear now.

Guess is my lucky day

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, it doesn't ask me "do you want to patch IOS60?"

It just asks me if I want to install the shop channel after IOS60 installs.

What do I do?

brucelaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thx followed the guide, updated from 3.2e wii chipped. Everything works like a charm, except custom disks, but they load fine with geckoos, so no probs. Really nice to be able to load from sdcard.
Thank you very much
biggrin.gif

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
I looked through a few pages and tried to find an answer, but all I saw was bickering, and considering the low and unresponsive loading rates of the site, it's really not worth waiting, so I suppose I'll just ask.

Has this affected Softmii in anyway or does this method allow it to still work?

fukseliten

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Daileon said:
callmebob said:
Sorry!, looks like I lied a bit in my previous post about the trucha signed discs.

"Scrubbed" images are trucha signed, right? I only have a few of those, and the 2 I tried run fine.

But my custom Guitar Hero ones don´t!
frown.gif

Also, No More Heroes won´t run anymore either.
blink.gif
And it´s clean. NTSC game, NTSC system!!!

This is because the guide tells you to do the Nintendo update, and they fix the damn Trucha bug. In theory, if you have done the Waninkoko Update, they would work fine. I don't know if there's a way to workaround this.

So I think that the OP must let clear that the Nintendo update fixes the Trucha bug, and recommend the Waninkoko update, in my opinion.

BTW, THANKS A LOT to the OP! I was searching for this since yesterday morning. I love you
laugh.gif

To the brazilians, I've made a COMPLETE guide to install this, in all possible Wii versions, if somebody want, just tell me!

PS.: Scrubbed are not Trucha-ed.

I installed 4.0 with waninkokos installers , thereby keeping my old modified IOS files . I have cios rev.08 installed so I installed the menuupdate from page one . This means Im supposed to have what you say , but my gh discs still wont boot ,and my multigame isos wont boot either .

please remove your "Retaining all functions" sentence BECAUSE ITS A LIE . If it really retained all functions my gh customs and multiimage discs (probably trucha signed) would still work from disc channel . and they dont...............

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to stay on 3.2 because I like my custom menu but I wanted the shop channel. If anyone is interested in the same the tool linked in the guide in the first page will allow you keep your 3.2sysmenu, and everything else in tact and additionally give you access to the Shop Channel. I don't care about the SD VC access, it really does nothing for me and SDHC card in the front slot, why; homebrew has been doing it for some time and loadmii is nice because I am not going to abuse my nand. Whoever modified that tool referenced in the post I'd like to say thank you.

I do however have a question someone could answer. It's more of a could that be done sort of thing....

Update to 4.0 either with Waninkoko's 4.0 updater, then use the tool to patch IOS60+61 or the official route coupled cIOS downgrader if you have the cIOS revX installed. Then use wadmanager to reinstall the older IOS30 that's not stubbed and then reinstall sysmenu3.2, would that have also worked in theory? If so, the result would be the same other than IOS16 would also have to be replaced if you installed it over the stubbed one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs