Hacking My System menu 4.0 install guide

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SWORD21 said:
So the only thing that doesn't work with this is preloader? Starfall works fine and you can downgrade?

Starfall does *not* work but you *can* downgrade.

Trademaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMPORTANT!!!

For those of you who are having trouble playing some VC games after the upgrade with ios60 (e.g. game kicks you to sys menu after loading, or just hangs on a black screen) I suggest a reinstall of "cioscorp installer" (I used the one in the softmii 2 package).

Before the install, roughly a 1/3 of my vc games were playable. After the install, 100%
smile.gif

I suggest you add this to the first post.

Wii 4.0u

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok added some new info to page 1.

and to the guy that's pissed at me for not knowing what IOS249 is!!!

When you saw that in the guide, why didn't you ask? You saw something you didn't know and proceeded anyway, i'm sorry mate but this isn't my fault.

ALSO:

For anyone that want's to keep trucha after updating using my guide, just run IOS DOWNGRADER and let it do it's thing.

NOT CIOS Downgrader.

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kongsnutz said:
For anyone that want's to keep trucha after updating using my guide, just run IOS DOWNGRADER and let it do it's thing.

NOT CIOS Downgrader.

IOS downgrader? I know that this is the first part of downgrading your wii back to 3.2, and I know that it doesn't officially downgrade your firmware, but I don't really understand what this does. If I do this, will I lose any other features like being able to play from the sd card?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
timtlm said:
kongsnutz said:

NOT CIOS Downgrader.

IOS downgrader? I know that this is the first part of downgrading your wii back to 3.2, and I know that it doesn't officially downgrade your firmware, but I don't really understand what this does. If I do this, will I lose any other features like being able to play from the sd card?

IOS downgrader, just downloads old IOS files (with the trucha bug) and puts em on the wii........ doesn't actually downgrade the wii.

You won't lose SD loading as IOS60 won't be downgraded.

Thingmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kongsnutz said:

When you saw that in the guide, why didn't you ask? You saw something you didn't know and proceeded anyway, i'm sorry mate but this isn't my fault.

ALSO:

NOT CIOS Downgrader.

Kongsnutz - just a quick Q: If you already updated to 4.0 and because you have a mod chip, you never needed separate IOS installed in the past, there's no way in hell the IOS60 installer using IOS249 will work at all, correct?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thingmaker said:
kongsnutz said:

ALSO:

NOT CIOS Downgrader.

Kongsnutz - just a quick Q: If you already updated to 4.0 and because you have a mod chip, you never needed separate IOS installed in the past, there's no way in hell the IOS60 installer using IOS249 will work at all, correct?

No unfortunately you are screwed for a bit, till a work around is found.

BUT have you ever installed any WADS before?

Thingmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kongsnutz - yes, installed and uninstalled wads successfully many times. Had 3 installed wads on channels before 4.0 upgrade, after upgrade, they still work fine, just can't use the wad installer now, so no further wads can be added. Everything else is working fine (HBC, shop channel, back ups). Why is there some other hopeful thing to do, or just wait it out? Thanks

Zaiga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Kongsnutz, is there any difference if I use IOS249 rev7 or 8? And is the cIOS installed from Wiigator's backup launcher Gamma the same one?

Also, my Wii is NTSC-U, so is it safe for me to install the latest shop channel from the hack? And one more question, when the patching is all done, do I do the official update to 4.0?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zaiga said:
Kongsnutz, is there any difference if I use IOS249 rev7 or 8? And is the cIOS installed from Wiigator's backup launcher Gamma the same one?

Also, my Wii is NTSC-U, so is it safe for me to install the latest shop channel from the hack? And one more question, when the patching is all done, do I do the official update to 4.0?

There is no real difference in the IOS249 from waninkoko or wiigator, however wanin's is newest and better features.

It's safe yeh but it'll get overwritted by the 4.0 update later so no point.

So yeh follow the guide all the way, yes 4.0 will get installed last.

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trademaster said:
IMPORTANT!!!

For those of you who are having trouble playing some VC games after the upgrade with ios60 (e.g. game kicks you to sys menu after loading, or just hangs on a black screen) I suggest a reinstall of "cioscorp installer" (I used the one in the softmii 2 package).

Before the install, roughly a 1/3 of my vc games were playable. After the install, 100%
smile.gif

I suggest you add this to the first post.

Wii 4.0u

Question..For you When you got to 4.0U.. There is no possible way for you to load backups from Disc until someone updates CIOSCorp the IOS60 needs to be patched with dip.. If you could reply with any kind of proof that would be great.. you need a updated version of CIOSCorp

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Well, I guess from now I'm gonna be more carefull about bad wads, there any way to verify working wads, verify the ID, and most important avoid banner bricks?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cooler89 said:
Question..For you When you got to 4.0U.. There is no possible way for you to load backups from Disc until someone updates CIOSCorp the IOS60 needs to be patched with dip.. If you could reply with any kind of proof that would be great.. you need a updated version of CIOSCorp

I know you directed that at someone else but, No at this moment you have to wait for CIOSCorp again

OriginalHamster said:
Well, I guess from now I'm gonna be more carefull about bad wads, there any way to verify working wads, verify the ID, and most important avoid banner bricks?

Just make sure that you read about the wads first before installing them, make sure they are from your region, if in doubt don't install it.

Zaiga
From what I've read, all that you lose from updating is the trucha bug right? Which I've never understood anyway..

Correct but you can do a IOSdowngrade and easily have that back........ No biggy as long as Cios(IOS249) and HBC is installed before upgrading

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zaiga said:
So, you can't load backups from the disc channel? Can you still use a Backup Launcher channel to load a backup?

You can load them from DISC CHANNEL if you have a chip installed but not a softmod way atm.

Yes absolutely you can use Backuplauncher channel

Trademaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cooler89 said:

yeah, use backup channel... the one here (http://www.yafaze.com/wii/) is awesome

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/tP_4p2-HkOo?si=YA0-tpAzP26E-P66