My medical condition finally got the best of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Times are EST, a few minutes before this post.

(3:21:38 PM) (Xuphor's AIM Account): [...] The hospital she's at (I'm with her) only has internet in their cafe, and they block GBATemp, Youtube, and pretty much every website except Google and IM clients

(3:29:11 PM) (Xuphor's AIM Account): First tell them that this is Kinekto, and the problem with the cafe blocking anything but Google and IM Clients pretty much, or I'd post the update myself. After since whenever that was I had to run to the hospital at night (2-3 days maybe, lost track), a donor was found. She has been entiely unresponsive since I got up there, and a donor was found very late last night.

(3:29:54 PM) (Xuphor's AIM Account): Due to timing and the limited number of doctors that can perform a lung transplant, she's up for surgery at 5pm CST today
(3:33:42 PM) (Xuphor's AIM Account): Even if they make it through the surgery, loads of other things can go wrong within 48 hours after the surgery

(3:37:57 PM) (Xuphor's AIM Account): I won't be able to come back on it until.... I think the timer is for 10 hours or something...
(3:39:06 PM) (Xuphor's AIM Account): There is someone else from GBATemp she has on her list, so I'll see if he's here and not AFK first
(3:39:22 PM) (Xuphor's AIM Account): If he's not here or AFK, I'll leave you a message
(3:39:39 PM) (Xuphor's AIM Account): What did he say his name was...
(3:39:48 PM) (Xuphor's AIM Account): TwinRetro
Just bumping this update so people just logging-on know what's up. The surgery is about 35 minutes from this (my) post.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Even though a donor has been found, the operation in itself is one hellova procedure to go through, i do hope Xuphor is strong enough.

She's in my thoughts.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But how long does such a surgery usualy take?
I know there are some that could take up to 8+ hours or so :s and that 48 hour period starts after the surgery......

Luckely a donor has been found, so that part is over. Now it's up to the doctors and Xuphor to pass the next two steps.

I think a "thank you" is in place for both the donor, and the anonymous benefactor (don't know if I used the proper word :s)
Without them it wouldn't have been possible to get to this point that she still has a fighting chance.
So...
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

Reactions: _kbnft

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
She didn't have to wait very long time since she is on the transplant list. I hope the lungs are in good shape (or the operation will be/might be canceled at this time), and that she is still strong enough for the surgery and that she will not have any reject and infectious.
My thought goes to the person who just passed away and made this possible too. his/her life will save other lives.
And thanks to our reader/user who made this happened.

lung transplant should take around 8 to 10 hours.
Kinekto will be alone all this time, I hope she can connect to have people to speak with.

About the 48h-72h after the surgery, Xuphor will have a tube in her throat to help her breath and evacuate secretions. she will not be able to talk or eat, and she might be attached to the bed prevent her from removing it.

Reactions: NahuelDS and _kbnft

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Even though the situation is critical, I don't think she could be in a better situation right now ....before, she had no hope and was just waiting the inevitable. Now, she has a funded operation, got a donator and is making the surgical procedure just now! (and all that happened during the same time she had a big worsening in his health).

This things happened too much on the right time, and I'm wanting to believe that it was for a reason.

So, I hope Xuphor survives to it! I believe :)

Reactions: Xarsah16 and _kbnft

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had to sign in just for this. Firstly, my thoughts:

I'm glad that I and along a bunch of other people had convinced to be open for donations. I sent her a loooong message on PS3 to change her mindset. And I'm sure a ton of you guys did as well.

Now, I'm saddened by this, because I've had her on PS3 so long, but we never really played games together. But looking at our libraries, we have two different sets of games.

I hope she makes it through this. I don't believe in God, or prayers, but I believe in keeping a fighting attitude until there's nothing left. I've heard so many stories of where people (myself included), just because you keep a positive attitude, the body reacts in a much better way. And with that, things always turn out for the better. I'll still keep a positive attitude for her, I won't be scared, and I'll always think until I'm proven otherwise, that she's gonna be just fine and she's gonna make this CF her bitch. Whoever you are on GBAtemp who provided the money, Karma is gonna start looking out for you, you did an amazing thing.

Xuphor, you got this thing girl, you got it by the ass. You're gonna take control of this thing and you're gonna make it your bitch. You have a lot of people rooting for you, there's no way you can lose.

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to sign in just for this. Firstly, my thoughts:

I'm glad that I and along a bunch of other people had convinced to be open for donations. I sent her a loooong message on PS3 to change her mindset. And I'm sure a ton of you guys did as well.

Now, I'm saddened by this, because I've had her on PS3 so long, but we never really played games together. But looking at our libraries, we have two different sets of games.

I hope she makes it through this. I don't believe in God, or prayers, but I believe in keeping a fighting attitude until there's nothing left. I've heard so many stories of where people (myself included), just because you keep a positive attitude, the body reacts in a much better way. And with that, things always turn out for the better. I'll still keep a positive attitude for her, I won't be scared, and I'll always think until I'm proven otherwise, that she's gonna be just fine and she's gonna make this CF her bitch. Whoever you are on GBAtemp who provided the money, Karma is gonna start looking out for you, you did an amazing thing.

Xuphor, you got this thing girl, you got it by the ass. You're gonna take control of this thing and you're gonna make it your bitch. You have a lot of people rooting for you, there's no way you can lose.

You know you're honest when you quote AVGN.

Keep fighting Xuphor. Give CF a kick in the nuts for all of us.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Times are EST, a few minutes before this post.

(3:21:38 PM) (Xuphor's AIM Account): [...] The hospital she's at (I'm with her) only has internet in their cafe, and they block GBATemp, Youtube, and pretty much every website except Google and IM clients

(3:29:11 PM) (Xuphor's AIM Account): First tell them that this is Kinekto, and the problem with the cafe blocking anything but Google and IM Clients pretty much, or I'd post the update myself. After since whenever that was I had to run to the hospital at night (2-3 days maybe, lost track), a donor was found. She has been entiely unresponsive since I got up there, and a donor was found very late last night.

(3:29:54 PM) (Xuphor's AIM Account): Due to timing and the limited number of doctors that can perform a lung transplant, she's up for surgery at 5pm CST today
(3:33:42 PM) (Xuphor's AIM Account): Even if they make it through the surgery, loads of other things can go wrong within 48 hours after the surgery

(3:37:57 PM) (Xuphor's AIM Account): I won't be able to come back on it until.... I think the timer is for 10 hours or something...
(3:39:06 PM) (Xuphor's AIM Account): There is someone else from GBATemp she has on her list, so I'll see if he's here and not AFK first
(3:39:22 PM) (Xuphor's AIM Account): If he's not here or AFK, I'll leave you a message
(3:39:39 PM) (Xuphor's AIM Account): What did he say his name was...
(3:39:48 PM) (Xuphor's AIM Account): TwinRetro

Thank you for the update, Rydian. I was out and about taking care of things last night, so I wasn't on the computer, but I have been keeping AIM open on ebuddy 24/7 just for that reason. A donor being found and a date set for surgery is seriously the best we can ask for right now. It seems like the next few days are going to be the most critical of them all. Locally, people have been asking me about Xuphor. People I don't even know, that heard about her from a friend of a friend, or a member of a family member's church. Of course they don't now all the particulars, but my point is, there are many more people than she knows that are rooting for her and praying for her to pull through.

And, Xuphor, if you end up kicking CF's ass and read this, I'll fly down there myself and buy you a beer. You deserve it.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm so happy for Xuphor - I knew it would be possible for her to get through this - and it's a miracle she's been given this chance. Life is just too precious, and she's going to have the best birthday coming up! :D

Thinking about her all day long at work today, still praying for the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I cant see it @Xdqwerty