My First Skin

Discussion in 'GBAtemp Art Studio' started by benchma®k, Jan 4, 2008.

1. benchma®k
    OP

benchma®k GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2007
    Recieved my cyclo evo in the post today [​IMG]

Well pleased with it.. Anyway was lookin round the forum and decided to try my hand at a new skin for it. I found the menu icons on this site somewhere, really liked them so i'd use them... (thanks [​IMG] ) Its my first go though so be nice [​IMG] haha.. seriously though.. constructive critisism welcome!!

[​IMG]

2. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    awesome dude. ill use it when i get bored with my current one. where do you get the icons? the normal ones are gay.

3. Salamantis

Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 20, 2007
    Canada
    Really nice, but you should make some black bars ( or white, or a different color), lower their opacity and place them on top and on the bottom of the bottom background to make the text with the version number and the time more readable (status bars).

4. benchma®k
    OP

Dec 31, 2007
    Cheers for the feedback dude.. i did think about adding bars to the top and bottom, but to be honest i tried to hide the status bar text as much as i could on this one. I'll give it a try in the skin im doing at the moment, it might look better than i think [​IMG]

edit: by the way.. can we attach files in this forum? If people want to use my skins i need to post a .rar with xml included [​IMG]

5. benchma®k
    OP

Dec 31, 2007
    Thought i'd add my second skin.. its not very creative, i just HAD to do it because its a passion of mine. I took salamence's idea on board and added status bars this time... Hope you like it [​IMG]

Keep your eye open for more skins coming soon [​IMG] (i still need to know how to attach files should people want to use these [​IMG] )

[​IMG]

6. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    Don't worry you're not going crazy, this forum doesn't use attachments [​IMG] You can either submit your skin into GBATemp's download centre (see "downloads" on the top banner) or upload your files elsewhere to a site like megaupload. Whichever you choose you then post a link to the file in this thread.