My 4GB SD card filled by itself

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
First, i'm new to 3DS, so I'm not aware of a lot (for the moment)
I have a 2DS, installed a CFW, so it is hacked (latest luma). I decided to install a 3DS game from godmode, it was in *.3DS format.
The pb is during this procedure, it filled my 4 GB card to 0 space. Also, when I rebooted my 2DS, there was a black icon on the first screen, could launch it, and cannot suppress it (or I don't know how).
Can someone help me to understand what I did wrong? I suppose there is a cache or temp somewhere on my Sd and I must deleted it....And same thing for the black icon on my 2DS.
Maybe it's in SD:\Nintendo DS\private but i'm not sure of what I'm doing....

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First, i'm new to 3DS, so I'm not aware of a lot (for the moment)
I have a 2DS, installed a CFW, so it is hacked (latest luma). I decided to install a 3DS game from godmode, it was in *.3DS format.
The pb is during this procedure, it filled my 4 GB card to 0 space. Also, when I rebooted my 2DS, there was a black icon on the first screen, could launch it, and cannot suppress it (or I don't know how).
Can someone help me to understand what I did wrong? I suppose there is a cache or temp somewhere on my Sd and I must deleted it....And same thing for the black icon on my 2DS.
Maybe it's in SD:\Nintendo DS\private but i'm not sure of what I'm doing....
You need to convert the .3DS file to a .CIA file in GM9, then you install it with FBI or GodMode9.

Do you have Boot9Strap and Luma3DS installed?

Reactions: Hayato213

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I followed latest hack tutorial so I'm sure I have latest luma, almost sure I have latest boot9strad, i also updated nds-bootstrap something. I thought it was possible to install a *.3DS file from godmod with latest version?? What happened to my sd card as it is full? What's that dark prog installed on my 2DS menu that I don't know how i can remove?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I followed latest hack tutorial so I'm sure I have latest luma, almost sure I have latest boot9strad, i also updated nds-bootstrap something. I thought it was possible to install a *.3DS file from godmod with latest version?? What happened to my sd card as it is full?
You would need a larger SD card (i.e., 16GB or higher) to fit a lot of 3DS and DS games. :P

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
4GB is just not enough if you plan to install cia games on the SD card. SD card is very cheap these days, you should get at least a 32/64GB one.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
4GB is just not enough if you plan to install cia games on the SD card. SD card is very cheap these days, you should get at least a 32/64GB one.
I frankly don't mind if I use Gateway or Luma3DS to load my CIA-based games. The Gateway seems to run homebrew and games fine without issues. But I would still recommend upgrading to a larger SD card, which are very inexpensive, just for the sake of it.

Some games like Sonic Generations doesn't seem to boot with GW unlike Luma3DS with Sys/EmuNAND. And Luma3DS gets regular updates when a new system firmware comes out so it doesn't get blacklisted by Nintendo's lame CFW blocking update.

Reactions: Tokiwa

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok but the size isn't the pb, I mean already have 512 GB SD size (used on my wiiu) and others but i'm getting another one 1TB soon for my 2DS....But I was using a 4GB in size in the case I had the problem, so please respond to the problem I am facing, not the size issue!! ^^
Has no one read the issue I have pointed? Don't be like Joe Biden....^^
The 2 Real problem: There is now a app not named in my 2DS menu in black like if it didn't installed completly and my SD card is full from somewhere and I wish to clean it from the "I Don't know what" (maybe a CIA file created during process to install a *.3DS on the 2DS?). Can someone give explanation of what happened?

Last edited by mrmagicm,
  • Wow

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok but the size isn't the pb, I mean already have 512 GB SD size and getting another one for my 2DS....But I was using a 4GB in size in the case I had the problem.
You sure you have the proper files on the SD card? If you are booting from an EmuNAND, then you need to back it up first before importing it to the new card.
Has no one read the issue I have pointed? Don't be like Joe Biden....
People are just trying to help, please don't compare somebody to a petty political figure.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure if related: you can't copy a file larger than 4 GB to a FAT32-formatted volume. Period. FAT32 does not support files of that size. If you try, you get an error message. It doesn't matter how much free space you have.

If you are trying to copy a 4 GB file to your SD card, you are doing something wrong.

The 2 Real problem: There is now a app not named in my 2DS menu in black like if it didn't installed completly and my SD card is full from somewhere and I wish to clean it from the "I Don't know what" (maybe a CIA file created during process to install a *.3DS on the 2DS?)
Standard procedure in cases like this: connect the SD card to your PC, copy everything off the SD card with Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier, format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and copy everything back if the test is okay. If the test fails, then get a new card, format it properly, test the empty card, and copy everything to the new card.

Sometimes just copying everything off and back again is enough to fix some problems.

i'm getting another one 1TB soon for my 2DS
You are never going to get anywhere close to filling up a card of that size (certainly not with games you'll ever actually play), and it's probably going to cause lots of mysterious problems.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
People are just trying to help, please don't compare somebody to a petty political figure.
That is the point.....I ask specific questions, and people reply to me: IT the SD. at the beginning, there was 1,5GB space left on the sd when I did the operation to install a *.3DS, and that should be completly enought, I know about the need changing the size of SD card, I want just response to what happened and how to solve ^^
Reminds me in ALICE IN BORDERLANDS, the guy Asks if the outside real world still exists, and the response are "you shall see at the end" or he had non related responses ....I'm in that case ^^

• Wow

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok but the size isn't the pb, I mean already have 512 GB SD size (used on my wiiu) and others but i'm getting another one 1TB soon for my 2DS....But I was using a 4GB in size in the case I had the problem, so please respond to the problem I am facing, not the size issue!! ^^
Has no one read the issue I have pointed? Don't be like Joe Biden....^^
The 2 Real problem: There is now a app not named in my 2DS menu in black like if it didn't installed completly and my SD card is full from somewhere and I wish to clean it from the "I Don't know what" (maybe a CIA file created during process to install a *.3DS on the 2DS?). Can someone give explanation of what happened?

Ain't the one currently in use in the 3ds 4GB?

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok, Kwyjor, you began an answer to me why the pb happened......It could be related!!!
What I did: I tried to install a 897 Mb game, Mario & Luigi - Dream Team Bros.3DS from godmode......IT began the process.....The software accepted the file and begin to transform into something else on the SD card....and the file began too big or I don't know, it tried to installed it on the 2DS and since I have a dark app on the menu, now how could I remove this app please? and remove temp file from godmode process on the sd card (aka where is it done?)
Post automatically merged:

Ain't the one currently in use in the 3ds 4GB?
Yes, I said it so why do you ask? 4GB should work perfectly with 3 games on it, don't you think?

Last edited by mrmagicm,

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Follow the steps in my post. It is pointless to try anything else until you do that first.
I don't know what you're talking about, the SD card I worked perfectly until this error happened. do you have a link of the forum you're talking about?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the SD card I worked perfectly until this error happened.
Yes, well, then the error happened, and now your SD card is no longer working perfectly.

SD cards fail all the time, and it's especially likely for them to fail after they've been removed and then re-inserted into a 3DS, for some reason.

do you have a link of the forum you're talking about?
Do I need to quote my post..?

Standard procedure in cases like this: connect the SD card to your PC, copy everything off the SD card with Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier, format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and copy everything back if the test is okay. If the test fails, then get a new card, format it properly, test the empty card, and copy everything to the new card.
I repeat: it's quite pointless to try anything else before doing this first. There have been many, many people before you with similar problems.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok ....I'll Respond to my own answers....as noone could give me the response, so they can feel a bit lazy....
I never said the SD card was unreadable, so why use Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier?
I said it was filled with data up to 0 left space on the SD and I said I had a Dark icon on the 2DS first menu, the 2DS also had 0 space left.
So after installing with Godmod9 and having thoses error.....The 3DS was filled and icon dark black....I just went in FBI....find "uninstall TILE and TICKET", then find some "?????" in the green area....I uninstalled it (tile+ticket)....Then Magic, I recovered all my empty space on my 2DS. Then I could reinstall a game in *.CIA format on the 2DS.
Seems noone knews as noone responded. ;-(
Searching myself who to unfill the SD now.....I just upset I might do something wrong (that's why I backup all) and remove something that shouldn't be in order to recover the empty space.
It's seems Godmod9 is suppose to be able to install *.3ds files but doesn't work nicely or maybe it was a pb of space due to Fat32 convertion of a 800MB game on the Sd, I dunno.
As a newbie, I have so many questions to ask but what can't really ask if some standard questions are responded Miles aways.
Is there a link somewhere to many questions about the luma/FBI/Godmode environments?

Last edited by mrmagicm,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never said the SD card was unreadable, so why use Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier?
It's not strictly necessary, but if your card is faulty, that is the best way to make sure you get all of the files. You can try to use Windows to copy the files off, but you might encounter problems doing so.

I said it was filled with data up to 0 left space on the SD and I said I had a Dark icon on the 2DS first menu, the 2DS also had 0 space left.
Yes, you have stated that repeatedly. A corrupt card would explain both those problems.

I just went in FBI....find "uninstall TILE and TICKET", then find some "?????" in the green area....I uninstalled it (tile+ticket)....Then Magic, I recovered all my empty space on my 2DS.
Then you got lucky, as most people who try to delete things labelled with question marks in FBI usually just make things worse.

or maybe it was a pb of space due to Fat32 convertion of a 800MB game on the Sd, I dunno.
No, FAT32 has no inherent problem with 800 MB files. [edited]

As a newbie, I have so many questions to ask
They are similar to questions that have been seen many times before, which is why you should consider the answers you are being given.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not strictly necessary, but if your card is faulty, that is the best way to make sure you get all of the files. You can try to use Windows to copy the files off, but you might encounter problems doing so.
When did I said it was faulty? I said it was full, only that
Yes, you have stated that repeatedly. A corrupt card would explain both those problems.
In that case, who doesn't know to copy data on your computer, reformat the card then put it back, of course, that's case never happen: when you have to do this, with roadkill, you CAN'T read the card. The filled card problem only means it's filled...
No, FAT32 has inherent problem with 800 MB files.
On 3DS? Because on pc it's only file superior to 4 GB...Please where do you find those infos inherent to 3DS console (or luma I don't know)
They are similar to questions that have been seen many times before, which is why you should consider the answers you are being given.
What i mean, I am a total newbie on 3DS, absolutly not on other consoles or computer in general, I have question on 3DS like "i've installed CIA mario Kart, it then ask for an update at launch, shall I do it or my 2DS might be ban"? Well I suppose the answer is no, but I'm not sure, so I'm searching for a link that could answers those stupid questions that have been asked 100 times about the 3DS CFW environment. Do you know where I can start? I'm in need of infos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto