My 4GB SD card filled by itself

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when you have to do this, with roadkill, you CAN'T read the card.
That's not true at all! What gave you that idea? Roadkill's Unstoppable Copier is actually quite useless when the card can't be read; in cases like that you need Easeus or Testdisk.

The filled card problem only means it's filled...
It can also mean that the filesystem is corrupted and that the card is misreporting the amount of free space. It is also very common for a failing card to become read-only and refuse to allow any more files to be written to it.

On 3DS? Because on pc it's only file superior to 4 GB
No, FAT32 has the same limitations regardless of whether it's on a PC or a 3DS.

so I'm searching for a link that could answers those stupid questions that have been asked 100 times about the 3DS CFW environment.
It seems to me like if you found those answers, you would just decide they were wrong and do your own thing anyway. :glare:

If you are hoping to find some sort of neat, clean, comprehensive documentation, then I'm afraid no such thing exists.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It can also mean that the filesystem is corrupted and that the card is misreporting the amount of free space. It is also very common for a failing card to become read-only and refuse to allow any more files to be written to it.
Well in my case, I could rename filename or move directory, so that was not the case, you presumed in that case, but it was just filled. why presume the rare case compared to the most often case?
That's not true at all! What gave you that idea? Roadkill's Unstoppable Copier is actually quite useless when the card can't be read; in cases like that you need Easeus or Testdisk.
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough, what I meant is you use the roadkill method when you can't read the card with explorer, but might be able to read it with roadkill.
No, FAT32 has the same limitations regardless of whether it's on a PC or a 3DS
of Course it has!!!! So.....Why on earth did you stated before "No, FAT32 has inherent problem with 800 MB files.", why on earth, you write this to me, Fat32 has inherent problem with file superior to 4GB, this is the truth, not 800 Mb ^^

Anyway, so is it risky to make update of a 3DS game after installation? will the Nintendo store detect something or is it down and only downloads DLCS?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why presume the rare case compared to the most often case?
Why are you presuming that case is "rare"? SD card corruption happens all the time. It is one of the most common causes of problems with 3DS units.

Why on earth did you stated before "No, FAT32 has inherent problem with 800 MB files."
You're right, I accidentally missed a word there. I meant to say that FAT32 has no inherent problem with 800 MB files, regardless of whether you're using it on a 3DS or a PC.

Anyway, so is it risky to make update of a 3DS game after installation? will the Nintendo store detect something or is it down and only downloads DLCS?
No one gets banned or anything anymore unless you're brazenly cheating in online games.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thought the Nintendo 3DS store was down. So it's not down is it? Has it still updates games with updates or Dlc?
Also, I was wondering, does a flash card exists that can read directly *.3DS or *.CIA and launch 3DS games directly?
One modded, how do you prevent the update of your 2DS?

Last edited by mrmagicm,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the Nintendo 3DS store was down. So it's not down is it? Has it still updates games with updates or Dlc?
Also, I was wondering, does a flash card exists that can read and launch 3DS games?

There are gateway, stargate, sky3ds cards but you need games in .3ds format, not .cia, plus you can't play online without private header.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Also, I was wondering, does a flash card exists that can read directly *.3DS or *.CIA and launch 3DS games directly?
They exist, but they are bad, don't bother with them. CFW is the way to go.
You should stop downloading .3DS files, they're larger, they aren't needed and it's an extra step to convert them. .CIA files is what you want.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought the Nintendo 3DS store was down.
You thought wrong.

So it's not down is it? Has it still updates games with updates or Dlc?
Why are you asking this..? Why not try it and find out?

If it was somehow dangerous to do so, there would be gigantic flashing warnings everywhere about it, and tons of threads from people who somehow thought the warnings didn't apply to them.

You don't. In the unlikely event that another update is released, you're just going to have to be very careful about not pressing A to confirm the update until someone confirms that it is safe to do so.

If you have already installed CFW and your Luma is up to date, then it is safe to update to 11.17.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thx Hayato213 and Kwyjor!!

The Real Jdbye

They exist, but they are bad, don't bother with them. CFW is the way to go.
Why?? Some people say they are great. I don't understand something, you cannot install much *.CIA on a 3DS and it loooong to install a CIA file, whereas with a gateway, stargate, sky3ds Card, you can load directly a 3DS file, no?

Last edited by mrmagicm,
Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto