Multiplayer Arkham Origins skipping WiiU

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You do the exact same thing, and are in fact worse as you post fractious comments and then when challenged don't even bother replying.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-lag-double-post-thang-again.352154/page-2#post-4727185

The dedicated MH3 boards suggest the same...and they love hunting those monsters...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683294-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/66535707

See I don't know where people get these numbers for Black Ops 2, when I played the game at around 6pm or so, There would always be at least 10,000 people online. Same with Monster Hunter. I've never had any troubles finding someone to play with online, and I know for a fact that there were always more than 2000 people online.

But in all honesty this site's friggin lag is really pissing me off so I'm logging out. This is unbearable.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Whoah whoah whoah, someone's been to the desert lately with an open vagina...

And also, it's hard to give a number considering the way the rooms are designed. But even then, I can't right now as my WiiU isn't connected to the internet because I'm in the process of moving....

or shut up. Seriously.
If you can't provide a number, then you effectively have no argument. "Huge" is too ambiguous, and you just said that you couldn't really determine the number anyways because of how the rooms are organized, which means I could be spot on with my 2,000 estimate, and you'd have no clue.

So essentially, "I would guess...." but you don't actually know.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The lag didn't have any impact upon your input over the huge titles released that you assessed were challenging Pikmin 3 for UK chart position.

If you know for a fact then provide those facts with something other than "i know"...it's the same argument you challenged moments ago and now you're using it. Facts are not subjective and by their nature should be demonstrable. If the same numbers come up repeatedly (as seen in both those sources) then it's far more likely to be near the truth rather than "facts" observed by individuals.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The lag didn't have any impact upon your input over the huge titles released that you assessed were challenging Pikmin 3 for UK chart position.

If you know for a fact then provide those facts with something other than "i know"...it's the same argument you challenged moments ago and now you're using it. Facts are not subjective and by their nature should be demonstrable. If the same numbers come up repeatedly (as seen in both those sources) then it's far more likely to be near the truth rather than "facts" observed by individuals.

Wow dude, you really trying to shit disturb? No offense, but you really need to take the whole internet debate thing more lightly. You're acting like a damn lawyer right now... kind of humerous.

As for the huge game thing... I misread and thought you were talking about no games for august as a whole, not just that week.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
[on the wii U]
Play it then you'll know.

I actually went and held a controller the other day. Nothing bad but nothing I am going to sing the praises of.

Graphics/tech wise it does not seem to be anything special that the other consoles can not brush up against (assuming I take off my "once read up on 3d graphics hat") and a well set up PC would not snort at.

Multi screen games have been available for years (stuff like the GBA-GC linkup, several PC games have multiscreen and a lot of what I have seen thus far has been a staple of LAN PC games since well serial cables were a thing) and though there was some novel stuff the killer app/this is why I play games thing has not yet happened.

Uncompetitive, no gaems thing aside, not really.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow dude, you really trying to shit disturb? No offense, but you really need to take the whole internet debate thing more lightly. You're acting like a damn lawyer right now... kind of humerous.

As for the huge game thing... I misread and thought you were talking about no games for august as a whole, not just that week.

You moan about a forum being a terrible place for discussion and in fact are part of the problem, especially when you can post this sort of reply. You argue about people being subjective and then proceed to ignore your own argument...given that last response I can now assess the calibre of your information I know where I can slot the validity of your future posts. Either support your arguments or bow out...don't just dodge the issue and fly the defence force flag.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You moan about a forum being a terrible place for discussion and in fact are part of the problem, especially when you can post this sort of reply. You argue about people being subjective and then proceed to ignore your own argument...given that last response I can now assess the calibre of your information I know where I can slot the validity of your future posts. Either support your arguments or bow out...don't just dodge the issue and fly the defence force flag.

Same can be said about you. Just fucking deal with it man.

Accept the fact that we aren't going to agree. None of us are going to say we're wrong. Stop acting like an all knowing person or some shit. It's a kids forum. Neither of us are going to... as you put it "bow out".

Reactions: the_randomizer

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Same can be said about you. Just fucking deal with it man.

Accept the fact that we aren't going to agree. None of us are going to say we're wrong. Stop acting like an all knowing person or some shit. It's a kids forum. Neither of us are going to... as you put it "bow out".

Yeah you know what....prove it. Adults admit being wrong, and this is a forum used by all ages, user news being one of the more factual areas...you spout one thing and then when proved wrong make something up to justify your viewpoint. "Same can be said about you" is just another comment in this line of reasoning. You want your actual post where you back up my previous statement. In this topic alone we get both -

Sorry brah but unless you've got sources about the average gamer and work with a big developer to know costs, then I can't take you seriously

See that's why these discussions on this website suck. "I would guess"... but you don't actually know.

Where can the same be said of me?

Your arguments hinge on the same arguments you dismiss. Being unable to ever change your viewpoint makes all your future arguments almost worthless....discussion is not all unidirectional else it's not a discussion.

Multiplayer on the Wii U being omitted from a game may seem like a terrible proposition, but in real terms (as demonstrated by discussions from communities from some of the most active games) it means very little as very few people appear to actually be playing online. Irrespective of made up facts, the weight of independent observation bears out the view that the Wii U online community doesn't bear much fruit...perhaps it's a sensible decision at this point for a company concerned about sales not to bother shoehorning in feature which will not be used by many.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The ultimate question remains, will those who have a Wii U buy the Wii U version of the game, despite the multi-player removal?

If they want the game, and don't have any other alternative, then yes. If they have alternatives, it seems unlikely because there are better options.

*Assuming they actually want MP....judging by the numbers quoted by people it seems they don't...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they want the game, and don't have any other alternative, then yes. If they have alternatives, it seems unlikely because there are better options.

*Assuming they actually want MP....judging by the numbers quoted by people it seems they don't...

No, you're right, it does seem that way. It's good that they're porting over regardless B-)

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never seen someone so vehemently defend their argument with non-evidence only to back down by telling everyone else they're taking it too seriously...

Oh, wait... Forgot where I was for a minute... Yeah, that happens almost daily here...

Reactions: xist

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never seen someone so vehemently defend their argument with non-evidence only to back down by telling everyone else they're taking it too seriously...

Oh, wait... Forgot where I was for a minute... Yeah, that happens almost daily here...

Who was that directed to? I'm confused. I hope that wasn't directed to me.

Edit: Damn server lag

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Not including online multiplayer because of its low install base is not a valid excuse when you think about all the online-capable systems that came before the Wii U. Did they cut out online multiplayer for the PS3/360 when their initial install bases were low? Does anyone truly think they'll cut out online multiplayer from PS4/XB1 titles when they'll have just as low an install base as the Wii U?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not including online multiplayer because of its low install base is not a valid excuse when you think about all the online-capable systems that came before the Wii U. Did they cut out online multiplayer for the PS3/360 when their initial install bases were low? Does anyone truly think they'll cut out online multiplayer from PS4/XB1 titles when they'll have just as low an install base as the Wii U?

At this point, it's hard to say, but I wouldn't be surprised. All consoles had low install bases during their infancy, so naturally, what the Wii U is going through is no different than what the other two have gone through.

Mythrix

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, so does anyone know if Arkham Origins on PS3 or Xbox 360 will feature some kind of external map mode using PSVita connection or SmartGlass? Because if not, I'll most likely get the Wii U version just because I can have the map on the WiiPad...

I don't care about multiplayer at all, but I do kind of want the X360/PS3 version mainly because there's no collector's edition for Wii U. :|

DimitriKrevev

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I personally think this is stupid. You can't expect something to grow if you don't give it the chance. This is basically the same thing as what EA and Treyarch did.

EA releases Mass Effect 3 on WiiU, at the same time the Trilogy was being sold on other consoles...at the same price. Nobody bought it, so what does EA do? Blame the consumer.

Treyarch releases Black Ops 2 on WiiU, stripped features, no support or DLC. Didn't sell that hot. So what did they do? Blame the consumer.

So WB, explain to me again why I should give you my money? Also, sidenote: Monster Hunter is doing just fine with people on the WiiU. This is just the developer being lazy and not giving anything a chance. I'm not sure if I'm going to support this game or developer now.

Source

Its all about profits m8...
...same as GTA V not being released on PC.. they can make enough money releaseing it on the consoles... they dont need PC (also more people will buy consoles and they make money through contracts with microsoft and sony....)

all about $$$

so give them a good reason to release it on WiiU... like for example 50 Million WiiU users... but you dont have that, so you loose.

Its a sad world.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its all about profits m8...
...same as GTA V not being released on PC.. they can make enough money releaseing it on the consoles... they dont need PC (also more people will buy consoles and they make money through contracts with microsoft and sony....)

all about $$$

so give them a good reason to release it on WiiU... like for example 50 Million WiiU users... but you dont have that, so you loose.

Its a sad world.

There's more people on PC then there are on consoles and there is a huge cry for GTAV on PC.... your point is invalid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up