Multiplayer Arkham Origins skipping WiiU

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by ShadowSoldier, Jul 31, 2013.

1. ShadowSoldier
    OP

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    I personally think this is stupid. You can't expect something to grow if you don't give it the chance. This is basically the same thing as what EA and Treyarch did.

EA releases Mass Effect 3 on WiiU, at the same time the Trilogy was being sold on other consoles...at the same price. Nobody bought it, so what does EA do? Blame the consumer.

Treyarch releases Black Ops 2 on WiiU, stripped features, no support or DLC. Didn't sell that hot. So what did they do? Blame the consumer.

So WB, explain to me again why I should give you my money? Also, sidenote: Monster Hunter is doing just fine with people on the WiiU. This is just the developer being lazy and not giving anything a chance. I'm not sure if I'm going to support this game or developer now.

Source

Duo8, slingblade1170 and Fluto like this.

2. EzekielRage

EzekielRage Hero of the Void

Aug 21, 2012
    Australia
    The Void
    Pretty much everything said right there...

3. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    As it turns out, the Wii U-tility belt comes with a handy can of dev repellent.

Feels Bat, man.

4. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Was thinking of picking this up for wii u just to have something to play on it.
    Looks like that ain't happening now

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  5. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    Canada
    A cold cold place
    Multiplayer for a single player game sounds fucking dumb to me.

Jax and wrettcaughn like this.
  6. EzekielRage

EzekielRage Hero of the Void

Aug 21, 2012
    Australia
    The Void
    I also don't care about the multiplayer BUT it is a dick move nontheless. It is as if developers are actively trying to make the console fail. It's bullshit the system is already in place and you don't really save a lot of money to not implement it on the console. Probably a few thousand bucks but with a game that sells anyway and has a budget this high those are peanuts...

7. Dork

Dork Newbie

I can't believe this, the Wii U has a lively and fantastic online community. Stupid devs can't see this goldmine.

8. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    I saw this earlier when the press release didn't mention Wii U and was hoping they'd confirm it was a mistake. Oh well, I'm still buying it I don't play much multiplayer stuff anyway.

9. xwatchmanx

xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

Feb 13, 2012
    United States
    Pittsboro, NC
    This is precisely the reaction that most people with any other consoles are going to have. Seriously, what the hell do these developers expect to happen when they gimp one platform's version of the game, when it's also going to appear on consoles with much larger install bases?

10. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Chicken and egg scenario again...you would think WB may try to fix this by cutting the price of the Wii U version but I don't see that happening

11. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Wow, so developers want to support the Wii U and Nintendo by removing key features to a game? Cool, sign me up! And to think I was gonna get Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed 4.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

12. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London

What does Watch Dogs and AssCred 4 have to do with this?

tronic307, gamefan5 and xwatchmanx like this.
  13. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    I was just going to say. I wasn't aware Watch_Dogs and AC4 were gonna be gimped on the WiiU...

14. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

They aren't, I was being sarcastic. I sure as heck won't get Batman. If they want us to support them, gimping ports will NOT draw customers.

15. wrettcaughn

wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Why spend resources on developing/porting a feature that is barely going to get utilized? I'd be curious to know how much of the Wii U's paltry install base even connects to the internet...

16. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    we can already expect it to be a shoddy 360 port anyway

17. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    That's one thing that irked me about Arkham City on WiiU and why I didn't buy it... it's because it's buy WB. Rocksteady wouldn't have let their game be like that for the WiiU. I just don't think WB is going to do a good job.

the_randomizer likes this.
  18. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

The saying goes, "hard work pays off later, but laziness often pays off now" Such is the way of the developer. Gimping ports will not motivate people, and if they think it will help sales. HA, that's a good one.

Companies make shoddy ports when the hardware in question is more than capable of making good ports then they bitch about piss poor sales. Gee, I wonder why.
    Rushed/gimped ports-->bad sales-->companies have the audacity to bitch and moan

The circle of life

Sorry, but I'll get Splinter Cell Blacklist, Assassin's Creed 4, hell, I'll support Ubisoft before I'll support those WB scumbags.

19. weavile001

weavile001 Spiritmaster

Jun 10, 2012
    Brazil
    somewhere
    can´t wait to see batmans running around and teabagging others.....

20. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Oh, you mean people on the Temp doing what they do best, create bitch rant threads? That's close enough to teabagging Batman, right?

21. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    So, what will their excuse be when it comes around to the PS4/XB1?