Gaming Mortal Kombat 11 Definitive online content and details

homegal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings all!

I've recently been playing a lot of Mortal Kombat 11. Thing is I never play games online yet one of the daily tasks involved the Towers of Time. I dragged myself through the tutorial section (bit much really) but by the time I was finished I was hooked. It's 90% of my playtime on Switch in the last couple of months is playing the Towers of Time either directly or having an AI do it. There's a real thrill in it, something more palatable than 1-on-1 fighting, as this game is terrible at matchmaking and often puts me with yet another Kung Lao-er spamming moves.

I DuckDuckGo'ed if there were any cheats for this and landed on this site. I've enjoyed reading the comments. At first I was gutted that Neverrealm decided to make rewards tied to their servers. It seems silly at first. Often, when out and about, I'd tether my Switch to my iPhone 11 Pro (or last years model), have a sit down in a coffee shop or somewhere cosy, and play there for a while.

I'm a fighting game fan but I approach it different to most. Most "dedicated" fighters like to play online or in tournaments. I'm happy going for the unlocks, the story, and now this smart online-ish (as in it constantly updates and has time limits) mode has been an incredible new way to play.

I do wonder if Smash Bros Ultimate saves your progress offline ready to deploy when it has a connection? I might have to test that with a character I haven't used yet on Homerun Contest.

I digress. I used to pirate PSP games back in the day. I recall the messy process on the PSP-1000 model and giving up on it so I gave it away. But that was just to play PS1 games and Cave Story. I understand that many would pirate commercial games and that's pretty sad IMO.

I now have a 512gb microSD (previously 400 but they fill up so fast) and still can't install all the games I own on this wonderful device. What a shame that some people must hack it instead of supporting developers. What a terrible attitude to have. I could never imagine being like that, it's just beyond anything I can comprehend as games don't cost much especially indie titles. I'm a big fan of Nintendo's online service too because, well, NES games are pretty tiring now I think I only bothered with a few of them... but the SNES app with its rewind function is amazing! And with a family account (as my husband and kids have their own Switch's) it still doesn't cost much. [somehow just had big strong memories of when I was hooked on GTAV on PS3, what a game!]

But yeah I guess what I was getting to was that I'm glad they have so much online connectivity as it seems to hinder piracy a bit. I gotta say you're missing out on SO MUCH this game is full of ancillary modes and gotta say unlocking stuff is addicting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: yassssss i love emerald