Mortal Kombat 11 Definitive online content and details

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Grmmish, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Grmmish
    OP

Grmmish GBAtemp Fan

Sep 6, 2018
    United States

The joys I find more valuable than the small (Barely joyous) joy in playing online.

2. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    Locking the unlockables (heh), behind an online presence is a bold move that can backfire.

Question:
    What if you plug online, unlock whatever and then play offline and get to a point that unlocks something?
    Will you loose it, or get it regardless?

3. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    portable gaming ftw

4. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    I bought the game 3 days ago. I never play games online.

5. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Addict

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    It's actually the other way around. It's aimed for casuals that just play for fun, play story, play krypt, and general online use.

About 30-40% are competitive high level players that compete for money and attend the likes of EVO and other tournaments.

Also, casuals don't give a toss about balance patches and frame data and has been the same with every other NRS/WB title.

6. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    i have both switch and ps4, but i think i will get this game for PC due to Free online. the point to compete online is as same as those people play Smash bros, this game has good plot(yas, finally a fighting game with good screenscripts), but without online mode it's really worthless.

7. Grmmish
    OP

Grmmish GBAtemp Fan

Sep 6, 2018
    United States
    I have not tested it, but I know that if you disconnect from online, your koins drop to 0. As far as locking all unlockables? Bleh. I do know the way the gear works in compatibility with offline is very strange indeed and does not necessarily "Save". Because of that.. I am quite sure you do have all of your things you unlocked as far as gear goes but will not save any new gear combinations you make on reset.
    I feel they would not tell us our gear is "Temporarily saved until connected online" if it did not keep what you unlocked.... Because you'd have no gear to make nay new loadouts in for anything to be temporary anyway. With this being said, I am sure you keep all of your content... But coins are only activated online else it is 0.

P.S.: For all of you saying Mortal Kombat is worthless without online, please..... Go to sleep. You are all very tired indeed and need rest.

8. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Addict

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    It does save offline, yet rewards for completing Story mode won't unlock unless you connect to NRS/WB servers. Also, Krypt and TOT need a server connection to work at all.

9. Stwert

Stwert GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Stwert is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Scotland
    I’d love to see some real figures on that theory. But I doubt it’d be as low as 3%.

Sure online play is great and for this kind of game, probably a necessity.

But there are still people among us, myself included, who want offline more than online.

There’s nothing better than playing against your friends, while they’re actually in the same room as you.
    So much fun to be had taking the utter pish out of each other, in person. It’s just more fun than doing it online.

10. Grmmish
    OP

Grmmish GBAtemp Fan

Sep 6, 2018
    United States
    This post got completely off topic but I'm not complaining. XD

Either way. Think about this:

Tell me, in which way, is online "BETTER" than offline in which you would RATHER online?

Absolutely 0. Online mode is a handicapped multiplayer because you aren't actually there.
    When you ARE there, you don't want internet lag, 2 systems and two games, and setting up a(Although temporary problem) the sessions and such.
    If we were actually near each other, the only benefit would be using two screens instead of splits on a single screen but that is just a design decision that companies choose to not have. (SONY for not allowing extended displays. And developers for not allowing PSVITA multiplayer where you can use the VITA as a second screen, just to use PS4 as an example.). Other than that, all of the rest are just handicaps. Why would someone WANT that? My point is, offline multiplayer should ALWAYS BE MADE FIRST, then online just grabs the offline code and gives it online capabilities. Because why would we want to be forced to handicap ourselves? People that think online is more important than offline, which don't get me wrong because chances are your friends are not right there, do not think about their priorities and think about how making online multiplayer to work offline is harder than making offline work online. (Which how hard it is shouldn't be a problem, by the way.) We should get a handicapped version ONLY IF WE ARE HANDICAPPED BY NOT ACTUALLY BEING CLOSE IN REAL LIFE.
    NOT the other way around. Telling someone to leave and be far away when they are already here is very stupid to me.

11. Dayardie

Dayardie Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2017
    France
    I have loaded the game and enabled the cheat in SX menu - go back to game and no extra characters? Any ideas - does it have to be certain XCI /patch level

12. K3R0Z1N

K3R0Z1N Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2018
    United States
    You need to have the dlc patches and update 1 at minimum for it to work properly.

13. Cortexfou

Cortexfou GBAtemp Fan

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    Is there a Hope for a cheat that unlock the kustomisation things ?

14. KronosSchyte

KronosSchyte Newbie

Newcomer
    May 9, 2019
    Brazil
    Have you test this on atmosphere? im struggling to cheat to poop up on Edizon,or u recommend another cheat program?

focusonme likes this.
  15. focusonme

focusonme GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2016
    United States
    did you managed to work it out? i am struggling too

edit:
    okay i got it to work! you need to have version 1.0.3.
    and use this txt linked below

Attached Files:

Last edited by focusonme, May 9, 2019
  16. Dayardie

Dayardie Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2017
    France
    Thanks is there a way to just get the Updates files or is it another download for the whole thing with updates?

Nevermind just downloading 22GB of Update 4 - hopefully the DLC makes it all worthwhile ;)

Last edited by Dayardie, May 10, 2019
  17. gruxnh

gruxnh Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2019
    United States
    All fighting games should include some sort of online.

Shaione likes this.
  18. Grmmish
    OP

Grmmish GBAtemp Fan

Sep 6, 2018
    United States

All games should include some sort of online. The more features the better.
    ... As long as it does not take from outside of online.

19. Eskorbuto

Eskorbuto Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2018
    Australia
    I want to play the game without entering my email/Nintendo credentials, is there a hack for that?

20. Grmmish
    OP

Grmmish GBAtemp Fan

Sep 6, 2018
    United States
    The game is able to be played offline on an account that has no NNID linked and such.
    Just won't be able to unlock anything.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted