Hacking WIP [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] SWITCHBOOT_UF2 / FUSEE_UF2 modchip software

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will keep updating this from time to time, as new versions of Hekate are released.

If you are fed up of updating your SAMD21 based chip, take a look at Fusee_Suite which is here...

Looking for Fusee_UF2? LOOK HERE

Current version:
Hekate_Switchboot_Mod: v5.1.1

For v5.1.0 onwards there is a new Minerva file. You SHOULD UPDATE YOUR BOOTLOADER FOLDER

Intro...

This is software for the SAMD21 range of "modchips" that we use on the Switch.
I`m aware that "modchip" isn`t technically the correct word, but it is more modchip now than just "payload pusher".
If you have one of these devices fitted to your console, you will know. You will also have a reset button on the chip to enable UF2 access.

If I have fitted your chip, then these files are of course fully compatible. If you have followed my guide in the tutorials section <HERE>, your chip is fully compatible.

If you have followed a guide from elsewhere, you will need to check your wiring and find out what "straps" you have fitted.

What are straps?

Nutshell... Straps are the wires that trigger RCM and maybe get you out of RCM too... Thats all.

In a nutshell...

• Choose a part 1 file depending on your requirements / wires you have soldered (straps)
  • Drop on to the UF2 drive (Called SWITCHBOOT if you have been with me for some time).
  • Choose a part 2 file... and drop on UF2 drive again.
Part 1 writes a different part of the chip than part 2... So you need to drag/drop (we will say flash) BOTH FILES.

Thats all.
Cheers from our beautiful kingdom of Britain, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland!

Credit to CTCAer for Hekate and everyone else who have assisted.

SAMD21 Update mode - UF2 drive access

Get into UF2 mode...

This is a method to get into UF2 mode...

Connect console to PC and send THIS payload using TegraRCMSmash...

SAMD21 Update payload - No SD card required.

Screen will go black, then double-press RESET on your chip... Your UF2 drive should pop up. If it doesn`t work the first time, try again. You can use the SAMD21 Update option in Switchboot also.

DOWNLOADS - MODCHIPS

1) Choose your chip below.
2) Select a part 1 file - DUAL-BOOT or PERMA_CFW_BOOT

modchipfunction.png Click this to see the difference in bootloaders...

3) Select a part 2 file

• Fusee has been superceded by Fusee_Suite which is HERE
  • Switchboot - My Hekate mod that I`ve tried to make better for modchip users

Always latest versions. Download files here...

Please click spoiler to show downloads.

Legacy Methods and dongles
Please check out my GitHub at:

https://github.com/mattytrog/Switchboot_PART_2

If you cannot see your device / configuration let me know. I`ll cook up a special version. Time permitting of course.
Go to the latest version and find your version in the Switchboot Part 2 UF2 folder.

Tidy_Memloader Add-on
Tidy memloader is HERE.

Drag and drop the bootloader folder to your SD card. Now you can launch memloader without messing up SD root, from within the dedicated menu option

Attachments

• Samd21_Update.zip
    800 bytes · Views: 1,922
  • tidy_memloader.zip
    288.5 KB · Views: 956
Last edited by mattytrog,

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Under reconstruction

Whats the difference between this and Hekate?

This is a quite in-depth modification of Hekate that is suited to our chips.

All Hekate features, plus:

• Browse and boot any payload / INI
  • Add payload to hekate_ipl.ini
  • Safe backup of BOOT0/1 & PRODINFO
  • Restore ChoiDuJour cut-down BOOT0/1
  • Restore SXOS licence
  • Payload.bin launching and multiple payload feature(controlled by your SAMD chip) as well - like having multiple chips in your machine!
  • Modchip information on main display

Additional controls:

From boot:

Hold Vol- to override launching "payload.bin"
Hold BOTH Vol buttons to prevent launching nyx

Changelog: Hekate_Switchboot_Mod v5.1.1
  • Hekate upstream changes
  • Switchboot code is now much more modular, so aids faster updates
  • The main program is standard Hekate, with the exception of:
  • payload.bin / payload<x>.bin override
  • Browser integrated for browsing payloads / INIs

• Removed features that people didn`t use (SXOS multiNAND)
  • Switchboot options now in submenu

Changelog: v1.5.3beta
  • Full wear-levelling to extend the already infinite life of your chip, by changing how writes and rewrites are handled. Thanks to @MatinatorX for original idea and example code!
  • UF2 drive access from vol+ button(if strap is fitted of course) - Simply hold for around 12 seconds, a white blinking light will appear. Turn off console, disconnect from USB, turn on and reconnect - UF2 drive up!
  • Flat battery assistance for autoRCM && autoboot users. If flat battery is detected, your device will no longer bootloop in the dock - it will begin to charge. Once sufficient charge to avoid bootloop, console will start to complete charging. There is no configuration on this - its all automagic. If battery is too flat, Hekate / Switchboot will no longer run your battery until it physically cant provide power anymore, it will display a Horizon-esque graphic telling you to charge battery before shutting off console
  • Fixed a stupid bug where I forgot to mount the SD card, leading to black screens for some users.
  • Ability to enable / disable payload.bin or payload(x).bin from within the menu
  • Ability to automatically turn off console when you disconnect USB in RCM mode. In the boot settings.
  • Other bugfixes and probably new bugs. Because I`m an imbicile.

Changelog: v1.5.0
  • Hekate 5.0.2 upstream changes
  • Backup / restore completely reworked. Kamikaze option of restoring any partition from anywhere, using any file. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
  • Improved standard backup options
  • Fw v9.0.0 support
  • Bugfixes galore.

Changelog: v1.4.3
  • Fixed browser returning to wrong place. Thanks @Gismor for bringing it to my attention
  • Changed archive bit options so you can browse and set / unset bits on a folder-by-folder basis.
  • Optimised code in MultiNAND to cut down on payload stack space usage.
  • Corrected safe backup location to SD root as it should be - was in backup folder.
  • Typos and nonsensical results fixed.
  • Documented(ish) browser.c function.

Changelog: v1.4.2
  • Almost completely re-implemented the VOL+ options
  • Made LEDs during these options RED, GREEN and BLUE
  • Launching should be faster
  • DragonInjector support refactored and should be improved
  • Changed menu options to make even clearer
  • Every option more or less has been redone
  • File browser takes you to default Hekate folders by default. You can still browse for payloads / INIs from there!
  • Added option to disable payload indication

Changelog: v1.4.1
  • Typos fixed. Some character spacing corrected.
  • Battery and fuel gauge options added - Be careful with them!
  • Screenshot feature added.
  • New screenshots no longer overwrite old ones (like in 1.3.x)
  • Refactoring of colours. Look in gfx/gfx.h to see how to change colours to your liking.
  • Changed to black and green colour scheme again. I like it.
  • Removed dump pkg1/2 option to make space. It isn`t really required in our implementation.
  • If booting with no SD card, upon attempting to launch, you will see a stock option to launch OFW. This is just a dupe of Reboot(normal).

Last edited by mattytrog,

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Really great job Matty!
^_^

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk
Cheers sir!
Will be when finished. Got files etc and photos to complete. But coming tomorrow. Hope it doesn`t get locked for being a "placeholder" because it isn`t! It`s under construction.

Reactions: Frank1905

Frank1905

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cheers sir!
Will be when finished. Got files etc and photos to complete. But coming tomorrow. Hope it doesn`t get locked for being a "placeholder" because it isn`t! It`s under construction.
Take you time and...
be positive! It won't get locked! :-D
I hope I will be able to follow your guides about modchips when I'll get mine. ^_^

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: mattytrog

Deynet

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello mattytrog,

thanks for your great work!

I installed my Trinket M0 yesterday following your diagram from another thread including Vol+ and Joycon. Please see attached picture below.

I have some questions:

What do I need to flash on the Trinket M0 now?

First, the "Trinket_Rebug_Both_Straps.uf2" fromyour github SWITCHBOOT_BOOTLOADERS/trinket_rebug folder?

Second, the "Mattytrog_Method3_v091_Simple-UF2.UF2" from your github Simple-UF2 folder? Or anything else? I'm not sure if this the right file for my wiring setup...

Next, I want to boot directly into SX OS. Which payload.bin do I need to put on my SD card? Where I can find it?

Attachments

• trinketfinal-jpg[1].jpg
    trinketfinal-jpg[1].jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,316

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello mattytrog,

thanks for your great work!

I installed my Trinket M0 yesterday following your diagram from another thread including Vol+ and Joycon. Please see attached picture below.

I have some questions:

What do I need to flash on the Trinket M0 now?

First, the "Trinket_Rebug_Both_Straps.uf2" fromyour github SWITCHBOOT_BOOTLOADERS/trinket_rebug folder?

Second, the "Mattytrog_Method3_v091_Simple-UF2.UF2" from your github Simple-UF2 folder? Or anything else? I'm not sure if this the right file for my wiring setup...

Next, I want to boot directly into SX OS. Which payload.bin do I need to put on my SD card? Where I can find it?
Payload.bin is from the sxos site. Called "SX loader".

Yes make sure you flash the bootloader first, then the simple-uf2

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hi @mattytrog i'm about to install a Trinket M0 into my Switch.. Im not 100% sure, if there is continuity between these spots... Will this cause any issues, or is it "OK" to install? Between the yellow and the green Connection is no continuity, i already checked that! Thanks in advance!

trinketfail.jpg

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @mattytrog i'm about to install a Trinket M0 into my Switch.. Im not 100% sure, if there is continuity between these spots... Will this cause any issues, or is it "OK" to install? Between the yellow and the green Connection is no continuity, i already checked that! Thanks in advance!

View attachment 152683
There shouldn`t be any continuity. If there is, it should be very high impedance. They are USB data lines.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im not sure if there is continuity or not.. Where can i check if there is?
View attachment 152692
Well u just check the points you have soldered against each other and against GND. Test with one point on GND and go around all your soldered points. Only GND should beep.

Are you sure you should be attempting this if you are struggling with continuity checks?

Romain80200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, let's hope Snam11 will test it.

D'accord, j'espère que snam11 pourra le tester.

But I have one question, why do you do 2 version of the bootloader? Can't we use the version with both strap connected and only solder the wire for the joycon?
It will be the same than the other version?

Last edited by Romain80200,
Reactions: mattytrog

snam11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, i did a test:
flashed first: Trinket_Rebug_Both_Straps.uf2
than Trinket_Rebug_v091_Simple-UF2.UF2

vol+ d0
joy d3

weird behaviour: at first try i get hekate (i had no sd on the slot). with sd in the slot i get black screen
EDIT: plaing a bit with this conf i get same issues as before: auto cfw boot but no vol- and no flash

joy d0
vol+ d3

auto boot on cfw but still vol button problems (it rise up at max vol and i cannot use vol-). No flash connection.

if i remove vol+ and i put joy on d0 i get again flash connection (and of course at power on ofw boot, and with power+vol+ cfw boot)

i dunno if my chip is faulty or what...

Last edited by snam11,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...