Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
yes, I didn't say it, but Dimok did in his changelog:

if you dump your USB WiiU hdd file system, and copy it to your FAT32 HDD, then it will use it as if it's an official WiiU HDD.

copy "usr" folder to your first FAT32 primary partition (I guess no GPT support?), and the wiiU will detect it as a formatted WIIU HDD.
You can add games manually to the usr folder (don't use WUP Installer!) and it will be listed and playable from USB.

see the "what works, what doesn't" in the changelog just few posts above.
I would like someone to try that, that would make everything easier

Reactions: julienbdes

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I would like someone to try that, that would make everything easier
I could give it a try, any clue on what format the games need to be?

edit: needs to be in loadiine format, it works but it seems like you will need the game installed already for it to work i just got an error when attempting to start a custom VC game probably because the ticket is missing but it should work if you dump the game yourself without deleting it but i'm too lazy to try that right now.

Last edited by Toni456,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Cyan, I hope you are doing great! I am so excited to get back home soon to try the new release, have you tried it already? Is it working 100%? Thank you!
Warm regards
Pepois
Hi,
I never tested any CFW (didn't launch my WiiU for a long time). the last time I used it was on early loadiine GX2 development, as tester for dimok, and the unstable (10 to 20 tries) browserhax was still the only available method to launch homebrew.
All I have done since then is read the forum to stay updated with all new scene progress, to help users.

I might try loadiine from USB, just for fun and see how much slower it is than SD. I don't have hundreds of games like other people (I don't even play the game I own), so I don't really need more hdd space.

Rolight tested the FAT32 (with loadiine) but not the "usr" feature.
Shinigati, just above, did it, and like I expected it requires a way to install the ticket first. You can't just copy a loadiine format to usr folder.
It could work, but would require more development on Mocha (like placing the title.tik along the game's folders in usr folder, and if Mocha detects the ticket is missing it can copy/install it officially before launching the game). I don't know if WUP installer can install only the ticket. maybe it installs it before installing the app ? and if no app found, the ticket is installed anyway? I really don't know, I guess nobody tested that.

Another thing to try is copying the ticket manually into the ticket folder on NAND (or usb?), and see if it works.
But on Wii, the ticket alone wasn't enough, you had to edit a file which contained a list of all inserted/played/bought titles. Maybe on WiiU it's the same and there is a file to edit too.
Again, someone need to try. (preferably, someone with a hardmod, that's always better)

thanks for the reply, did you mean the title keys from this website: well known Title key website for WiiU ?
yes, that one.
but if you have the ".app, tik, etc." to use with WUP installer, then you already have the ticket and the title key.
you don't need the key from that website.

use Cdecrypt or JNUSTool

Cdecrypt get the title.tik as argument (you already have them all if you already own the games encrypted format)
JNUSTool get the title key string as argument (the string from that website, it's easier if you don't have the game yet, get it from NUS + title key = loadiine format)
JNUSTool can also decrypt an app you already own, rename the folder to tmp_TitleID, and run -java jar JNUSTool.jar titleID titleKey, it will use your tmp folder as source instead of NUS.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Pepois

jwitz

Trophies
XP
Country
So as it stands we can only use mocha through the homebrew browser (via DS game) and not go straight into it from powering on?

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi,
I never tested any CFW (didn't launch my WiiU for a long time). the last time I used it was on early loadiine GX2 development, as tester for dimok, and the unstable (10 to 20 tries) browserhax was still the only available method to launch homebrew.
All I have done since then is read the forum to stay updated with all new scene progress, to help users.

I might try loadiine from USB, just for fun and see how much slower it is than SD. I don't have hundreds of games like other people (I don't even play the game I own), so I don't really need more hdd space.

Rolight tested the FAT32 (with loadiine) but not the "usr" feature.
Shinigati, just above, did it, and like I expected it requires a way to install the ticket first. You can't just copy a loadiine format to usr folder.
It could work, but would require more development on Mocha (like placing the title.tik along the game's folders in usr folder, and if Mocha detects the ticket is missing it can copy/install it officially before launching the game). I don't know if WUP installer can install only the ticket. maybe it installs it before installing the app ? and if no app found, the ticket is installed anyway? I really don't know, I guess nobody tested that.

Another thing to try is copying the ticket manually into the ticket folder on NAND (or usb?), and see if it works.
But on Wii, the ticket alone wasn't enough, you had to edit a file which contained a list of all inserted/played/bought titles. Maybe on WiiU it's the same and there is a file to edit too.
Again, someone need to try. (preferably, someone with a hardmod, that's always better)

yes, that one.
but if you have the ".app, tik, etc." to use with WUP installer, then you already have the ticket and the title key.
you don't need the key from that website.

use Cdecrypt or JNUSTool

Cdecrypt get the title.tik as argument (you already have them all if you already own the games encrypted format)
JNUSTool get the title key string as argument (the string from that website, it's easier if you don't have the game yet, get it from NUS + title key = loadiine format)
JNUSTool can also decrypt an app you already own, rename the folder to tmp_TitleID, and run -java jar JNUSTool.jar titleID titleKey, it will use your tmp folder as source instead of NUS.

Wow Cyan, thanks for the long reply. Would be great to have both options under fat32... well we actually have them! Just testing and see if it works. I've been using Wii U USB Helper to download wuds and convert them to loadiine using crediar's cdecrypt. I was really looking forward to play the only game that was not dumpable/extracted to loadiine using DDD: Ultimate Spider-Man. Now I have it in loadiine format but didn't work. Anyway, I have already bought a VC title and I'm really eager to install Dimok's Mocha and Fix94's Haxchi and Coldboot. The only thing that is kinda of holding me back is the release of the new Zelda game coming in March 3, I wonder if it will come with a necessary update to be able to run it etc. So, we've come this far... I guess I could wait 2-3 weeks more. Anyway, fat32 is a reality, and some new homebrew apps are being developed as we speak.

Warm regards!

Pepois

Last edited by Pepois,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
most games were working fine with old firmware version + spoof.
only few games used new features added in newer firmware (eManual's video for example), the game worked but you couldn't display the manuals.

If there's a new update, we will have to check if spoofing is still working, or if the game checks one of the file/function added in the new firmware.
before updating and losing the current homebrew, we will have to wait and test different things, but that's only in case of new update.
wait and see :)

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a lot of Loadiine (just no desire to redownload a bunch of huge games) with a few games installed to usb. Would this be beneficial? Does it work with Loadiine? I get tired of having to use internet to get to the homebrew channel to get to Loadiine.

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart 8 Usa 4.1 booted perfectly, it took about 2 mins for initial boot up, after that it works great. AFAIK it didn't work before if the game was updated. DLC isn't loading however.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Works perfectly with loadiine. Copied everything from my 128GB sd card to a 500gb HDD & after launching mocha w/ USB patch's the wiiu see's my HDD as it did the SD before. All apps & loadiine game work great (Same compatibility though).

No need for my 128GB sd card now either, All my vwii & wiiu apps fit on a 2gb sd card ;) the rest is on 1 fat32 USB.
So, the loading time is equal on the HDD? (in comparison with the sd card)

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Only game Iv noticed a difference on is Super Mario 3D world. After 5 minutes of black screen I gave up on it. Only tested a few games so far & haven't noticed much tbh.
OK, so the loading time is better on the sd card than the HDD?!
(Mario 3D world -> 55 seconds with me with the sd card)

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
After following this...
If the WUD is USA, for EU console, in the "content\LuigiBros\msg" folder, "USA_en" must be renamed to "EUR_en", as well as in the folder "content\LocalizedData", "UsEn" must be renamed to "EuEn", in order for the game to boot.

The game boots in 30 seconds from pressing a to launch the game until you get to screen that shows what controllers can be used. Then it just hangs there.

EDIT: Almost 2 minutes to load to the main screen to press A to start

Last edited by BIFFTAZ,
Reactions: RealityNinja

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is because nintendo's fat32 driver (for wii u) is shit. Wanna know why I think they made it shit?

Because it is suppose to be ONLY for saving pictures to SD card, not loading full games...

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you use Mocha with Loadiine using the Loadiine games on sd card or do you have to move them to an external or flash drive?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Works perfectly with loadiine. Copied everything from my 128GB sd card to a 500gb HDD & after launching mocha w/ USB patch's the wiiu see's my HDD as it did the SD before. All apps & loadiine game work great on HDD (Same compatibility though).

No need for my 128GB sd card now either, All my vwii & wiiu apps fit on a 2gb sd card ;) the rest is on 1 fat32 USB.

But now I realize you still have to get to the HBC through old methods to get to mocha each time so I don't get the point of this exactly. What is the simpliest way to get to HBC each time you boot? I'm using an offline method using a wifi hotspot and xampp but it's sort of time consuming to get them running not forever but a few minutes I'd love a faster way.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can you use Mocha with Loadiine using the Loadiine games on sd card or do you have to move them to an external or flash drive?

But now I realize you still have to get to the HBC through old methods to get to mocha each time so I don't get the point of this exactly. What is the simpliest way to get to HBC each time you boot? I'm using an offline method using a wifi hotspot and xampp but it's sort of time consuming to get them running not forever but a few minutes I'd love a faster way.
You can have the two version of Mocha on the sd card (v0.2 and the latest compiled build).
I recommend you to use haxchi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, sorry sorry
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Okokokok i'm gonna do it @AncientBoi
    EXACTLY WHY I'M ON ZOLOFT FOR ! :angry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, i was in Zoloft too and i didnt work
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I regret saying it :cry:
    :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: l8er guys ..................... 🚪
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Later too...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn @Xdqwerty chasing off users like a Juan
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Welcome to the internet! Lol
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He just means that some conversations are light and funny, Madonna having sex with a dog? Hilarious! Your uncle beating your dog then making you watch him molest it? Kinda ehhhh drama lol
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why do people hate seasons 20 and 23 of south park?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't know. People hate and down vote everything nowdays. I see it especially on gamestores, like every game has a negative rating, even though they are good games.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    With south park, they speak the truth, whether people like it or not, then peeps get they're panties in a bunch.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    See ya later fr
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Later gator
    +2
  • G @ GamerGatorDoesTech:
    @BigOnYa i thought that was like a specific comment towards me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord:
    lol later gator that was good one @BigOnYa
    +1
  • Shgofc @ Shgofc:
    if i think i exist, then, i dont exi...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They started hating later seasons because it turned into half seasons and specials
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People in youtube comments are such dick riders "oh I can't believe he said that to you" clicks on other video "wow this is amazing."
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People in youtube comments are such dick riders "oh I can't believe he said that to you" clicks...