Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys i run my game on the loadiine with SD card. Where you download the loadiine with usb i have not find it and the mocha fw with the fat32 support? I want all my games on the same drive.
All you have to do is update mocha with the compiled build i posted a few pages back and manually copy your games to USB:/usr/title/00050000/ and mocha will automatically detect them and it will show up on the wii u menu, otherwise mocha will allow loadiine to read the USB drive instead of SD by default but note that all of your wiiu/apps files will have to be put on the usb drive as well.

Last edited by Toni456,
Reactions: Redirr

Max128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All you have to do is update mocha with the compiled build i posted a few pages back and manually copy your games to USB:/usr/title/00050000/ and mocha will automatically detect them and it will show up on the wii u menu, otherwise mocha will allow loadiine to read the USB drive instead of SD by default but note that all of your wiiu/apps files will have to be put on the usb drive as well.

Thanks you! I understand now. In fact with mocha if i connect my hard drive fat32 , the sd card will be not working at the same time right?

For you suggest what? Having the game on the wii u menu or keep with loadiine? The format on games is not the same right!?

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks you! I understand now. In fact with mocha if i connect my hard drive fat32 , the sd card will be not working at the same time right?

For you suggest what? Having the game on the wii u menu or keep with loadiine? The format on games is not the same right!?
The format is exactly the same as loadiine however you will have to find your game id on the wiki and rename the game folder to match it otherwise it will show up as corrupt data. You cannot use an SD card at the same time but it's up to you what you want to do.. with loadiine it has DLC support, and with mocha it has dlc support but might be a little tricky if you plan to pirate them (have to install to wii u formatted usb and then copy files to fat32), you will also have online access for games.

Last edited by Toni456,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The format is exactly the same as loadiine however you will have to find your game id on the wiki and rename the game folder to match it otherwise it will show up as corrupt data. You cannot use an SD card at the same time but it's up to you what you want to do.. with loadiine it has DLC support, and with mocha it has dlc support but might be a little tricky if you plan to pirate them (have to install to wii u formatted usb and then copy files to fat32), you will also have online access for games.
Is that how it works? I just tried to copy the data on my sd card to the usb drive using ftpiiu everywhere. I figure it can use homebrew channel that way even with encrpyted HDD. :P

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep it works fine that way, i been doing that for a few small games and it works perfectly.
Well i mean i have a HDD wii u encrypted already i been using for months. What i tried to do was copy the wii u folder to the encyrpted HDD to load in homebrew channel when i activate the Mocha USB thing. Except my FTP client keeps freezing on it during transfer. You saying i can make Injected NDS roms appear on home menu that i been using in loadiine?

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well i mean i have a HDD wii u encrypted already i been using for months. What i tried to do was copy the wii u folder to the encyrpted HDD to load in homebrew channel when i activate the Mocha USB thing. Except my FTP client keeps freezing on it during transfer. You saying i can make Injected NDS roms appear on home menu that i been using in loadiine?
No not at all, you have to make sure the games you are trying to transfer is already installed otherwise you will get an error because the ticket is missing.

Max128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I will try it later. Thanks!

I will like to avoid the pop up USB format on fat32 hard drive on System Menu. Any tips for this?

Last edited by Max128,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ustealth is still a solution.
I don't know if Dimok made it compatible with bad signature table, or if it's even checked at all.

Some homebrew on Wii/vWii don't even check the partition table signature and only read the partition table data, maybe mocha is not checking it either.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's faking the MBR signature to 0xB3DE, maybe it can skip any signature and UStealth's 55AB will work (or maybe mocha specifically looks for B3DE to mount the USB partition)
let us know about using an uStealth'd drive with Mocha :)

FantasyJeans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having an issue with mocha cfw. Both the homebrew launcher channel and HBL2HBC channel are not working. The homebrew launcher loads the background and music, but no items appear (almost as if it cannot read the SD card). HBL2HBC loads, but freezes on a blue screen (it also needs to access SD to read hbl2hbc.elf). I am wondering why might SD access not work under mocha? I get the same result loading mocha from CBHC and from loading it in the homebrew launcher. Anyone have tips or fixes for me?

EDIT: Nevermind, I am an idiot. It was explained in a previous post that all SD access is disabled and redirected to USB. The strange thing is, I swear this happened to me before I even started using the fat32 build...

Last edited by FantasyJeans,

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to report that my SSB4 won't boot in Loadiine USB but it does in Loadiine SD. I think this is because before booting into the title screen the game checks the DCIM and PRIVATE folders in SD however because the SD becomes inaccessible it wont find the required folders to complete the boot process. Can someone confirm this? And if got it working care to explain how you did it?

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to report that my SSB4 won't boot in Loadiine USB but it does in Loadiine SD. I think this is because before booting into the title screen the game checks the DCIM and PRIVATE folders in SD however because the SD becomes inaccessible it wont find the required folders to complete the boot process. Can someone confirm this? And if got it working care to explain how you did it?
I had with this yesterday trying to load MK8 with v64 update using SSB4 mode. It would get to the SSB4 splash screen & crash. I had SSB4 installed to nand.

EDIT: But booting SSB4 on its own with Mocha's patch's will ask to make new save data on USB & continue to the game, & is playable.

Last edited by BIFFTAZ,

dragon12

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tested The Wind Waker HD from USB and it works just fine. ^^ I didn't notice any difference from loading by SD.

Btw It didn't work with the UStealth hidden hdd... It gives an error when loading haxchii.

Max128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ustealth is still a solution.
I don't know if Dimok made it compatible with bad signature table, or if it's even checked at all.

Some homebrew on Wii/vWii don't even check the partition table signature and only read the partition table data, maybe mocha is not checking it either.

I have look for Ustealth and it's risky for the data. It recommends to making a backup of everything before using this software. Not sure that is going to work for everything apps.

I have lot of games on the disk so I will not make a backup for that. I will not using this. I will wait for other method to remove this pop up.

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have look for Ustealth and it's risky for the data. It recommends to making a backup of everything before using this software. Not sure that is going to work for everything apps.

I have lot of games on the disk so I will not make a backup for that. I will not using this. I will wait for other method to remove this pop up.
Are you using that usb for wii u games or just vwii? if you're only using it for vwii just create a "usr" folder and the popup nag will be gone, but as already said before the SD will become useless once mocha boots and all the files/homebrew apps will have to be on usb, you can try it if you want but i don't know if it will cause any issues when in wii mode.

Max128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you using that usb for wii u games or just vwii? if you're only using it for vwii just create a "usr" folder and the popup nag will be gone, but as already said before the SD will become useless once mocha boots and all the files/homebrew apps will have to be on usb, you can try it if you want but i don't know if it will cause any issues when in wii mode.

Until now I use my HDD for the vwii games and the GC games. And i use the SD for loadiine for the wii u games. Now that fat32 support is possible on wii u mode, I want to use the same hard drive for my u wii games.

Why you said the popup format nag is also in vwii? Because i have never have it in the vwii mode. I only have this popup on the wii u mode everytime i turn on my console.

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Until now I use my HDD for the vwii games and the GC games. And i use the SD for loadiine for the wii u games. Now that fat32 support is possible on wii u mode, I want to use the same hard drive for my u wii games.

Why you said the popup format nag is also in vwii? Because i have never have it in the vwii mode. I only have this popup on the wii u mode everytime i turn on my console.
I never said it comes up in vwii try reading what i said properly... the simple solution is to make a "usr" folder on the usb and copy all of your loadiine and homebrew files over, it will remove the popup nag and everything will be read from the same usb drive after mocha has loaded.

Reactions: Redirr and skins20

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto