Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will Mocha give all of the FAT32 drives the same universal key to be able to use a single drive for multiple Mocha'd Wii U's?
EDIT: Also wondering if this will help bypass the 299 game limit and 2TB (usable) hard drive space limitation.

Last edited by datahoarder,

Ape8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Also wondering if this will help bypass the 299 game limit and 2TB (usable) hard drive space limitation.
Can't see why it would.
That is part of the Wii U menu app. Not IOSU.
Wii U Menu Title IDs
USA 00050010-10040100
EUR 00050010-10040200

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Will Mocha give all of the FAT32 drives the same universal key to be able to use a single drive for multiple Mocha'd Wii U's?
You can always use Loadiine for extra titles (VC for example).

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, seeing as dimok seems to be building parts of his own file system, would it be impossible for him to write a little key combo or config option in Mocha that will allow you to load the games in chunks? Aka: read game chunk A (1-299) or games chunk B (300-599) and ignore the rest of the files from being read (by renaming or some other filsystem wizardry). I suppose kind of like how many ODE drives or the amiibo things work? Maybe pressing EJECT twice will slide the file system to read the next 300 games over instead, etc. That's what I meant by using this FAT32 as a bypass.

Can't see why it would.
That is part of the Wii U menu app. Not IOSU.
Wii U Menu Title IDs
USA 00050010-10040100
EUR 00050010-10040200

Last edited by datahoarder,

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
why would you people need more than 300 games ? I don't even know , it's not a competition , you don't need to have as many games as you can , damn.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would you people need more than 300 games ? I don't even know , it's not a competition , you don't need to have as many games as you can , damn.
If you have eleven children between the ages of 4 and 23, with all of them having their own personalities and circles of friends, you tend to question any arbitrary limit.

Or at least I suppose you would.

Reactions: showdownx

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have eleven children between the ages of 4 and 23, with all of them having their own personalities and circles of friends, you tend to question any arbitrary limit.

Or at least I suppose you would.
if i had eleven children , you think i'd be able to afford a Wiiu?

mrissaoussama

Hiuhbi32
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Don't be afraid. Even games which are bigger than 4 GB "are built" by many "small" files. There's no single file bigger than 4 GB in all Wii U games we know right now otherwise they could not be copied to SD as everyone's doing for months now. And I don't think "the last Wii U game" (Zelda BOTW) would be different.
Oh yeah i forgot about that. Also why did the developer choose FAT32 and not NTFS?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh yeah i forgot about that. Also why did the developer choose FAT32 and not NTFS?
Because NTFS is Microsoft sh*t. It sucks dealing with it. It sucks doing stuff with it from Linux, OS X and Android and there really is no reason to build something up on that for any Wii (U) Homebrew.

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That FAT32 patch needs to hook into all read / write functions in IOS anyways, doesn't it?
Can't you then just "emulate" owner and folder quotas by, say, writing a hidden config file into each folder containing folder quota and folder / file owners and rights and read that file and check the quota / access rights / whatever whenever a game wants to read, and write that file whenever the OS changes a file's owner?

Also, if we have Mocha on multiple WiiUs, can they share a USB drive?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also, if we have Mocha on multiple WiiUs, can they share a USB drive?

This is still something I'm looking for as I'm thinking of buying another Wii U.
My (v)Wii saves are on my emuNAND on USB as well so the Wii U side is the only thing pretending me from using one drive wherever I want.

Quick question (not about Mocha): Where are the saves usually for games that I've installed to USB via WUP Installer? On the drive or the internal Wii U memory as they are for sysNAND installed games?

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So could this possible open a method to load WiiU games ..
Meaning Put WiiU Game on USB and it will load or give a chance to install?
Trying to find a way to install games wthout the need of a Properly sized SD card, Similar to that of USB Loader GX on the VWii side ..

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So could this possible open a method to load WiiU games ..
Meaning Put WiiU Game on USB and it will load or give a chance to install?
Trying to find a way to install games wthout the need of a Properly sized SD card, Similar to that of USB Loader GX on the VWii side ..
I'm a bit confused about your post but yes you can already install Wii U games to USB drives and with the next Mocha release even to a FAT32 USB drives which contains Wii and GameCube games or other stuff as well.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Would the transistion to FAT32 be more or less the same, back when converting WBFS to FAT32 in the Wii days? I got like 300gb's worth of WUP Usb installed titles, which I don't want to lose.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would the transistion to FAT32 be more or less the same, back when converting WBFS to FAT32 in the Wii days? I got like 300gb's worth of WUP Usb installed titles, which I don't want to lose.
Worst case would be to copy 'em over to PC via FTPiiu everywhere and then copy them to a FAT32 formatted USB drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work