Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
lol at jumping glitch.

but anyway after using the map updater it erased the map. I had it named medium1 after i put it in the map updater it stayed medium1, but when i started up the map none of my creations were there. ie. it reset my map

Bmcs

Trophies
XP
Country
Smealum, great job! The game is becoming more and more close of perfection! You're doing an awesome job and we thank you for that....we know you're spending a lot of time on this....
Keep up the good work and make yourself higher in the homebrew community, we're here to help in any way you need...

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ron975 said:
RoboticBuddy said:
Crimson Phantom said:
@CannonFoddr
DSCraft%20box2.png
DScraft Classic - Unofficial port of Minecraft ...
lol nice.
Lol, "Game Title Here"
OK - so what about this then (although I chose not to use the official DSCraft logo this time)
DSCraft%20box3.png

Bmcs

Trophies
XP
Country
EpicJungle said:
@Bmcs
You should update your DsCraftPlace website. It still says "version 230811 is out!"

Oh! Thanks for that
biggrin.gif

I'm really sorry, my DSi is giving me a hard time...error 0000EF00...i don't know what to do and i absolutely forgot about everything else, and i'm really sorry...

I even hadn't time to test the new release...

EDIT: Done!

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
CannonFoddr said:
ron975 said:
RoboticBuddy said:
Crimson Phantom said:
@CannonFoddr
DSCraft%20box2.png
DScraft Classic - Unofficial port of Minecraft ...
lol nice.
Lol, "Game Title Here"
OK - so what about this then (although I chose not to use the official DSCraft logo this time)
DSCraft%20box3.png

Uhmm, "Game Title Here" Also, the logo's kinda blurry.. Nice Smealum Nintendo Logo
biggrin.gif

DSCraft_Edited.png

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
It's not correct to call it a port, it's not a port.

It's a "clone". A "port" is something that's takes from the original source code.
This.

Clone, remake, etc. Not a port.

A port would mean Java on a Flashcart.

Java will never be run on a DS.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
ron975 said:
Rydian said:

It's a "clone". A "port" is something that's takes from the original source code.
This.

Clone, remake, etc. Not a port.

A port would mean Java on a Flashcart.

Java will never be run on a DS.
Well "port" can sometimes be generic enough to mean across languages, and many of them have so much in common that porting games can be done...

But yeah the main issue is that "port" says "this is built off of official minecraft", when it's not.

Killerfeeshy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i made this video of a couple bugs that i found on dscraft the night i downloaded the new update

Bug 1. door bug

Bug 2. texture pack fail xD

[youtube]http://youtu.be/uq_L_h1Kun8[/youtube]

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, considering there are more than a hundred pages of people wanting to play the DS version,
that we have a listing of many minecraft servers for 'Tempers,
and that there are dozens of threads dedicated to minecraft,
I'd say it must be pretty fun.

(haven't tried it either)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I never played mineCraft and I was curious to see why people liked a "lego game" with no purpose.
I think it's like wanting to show your designing & architectural skills, patience for building it, having extravagant imagination and be able to recreate it to make users think "wow, You should have spent a lot of time, I couldn't do it myself".

well, things like that
tongue.gif

I'm currently building something huge lol
Though, it's so big that we can't see it fully in one screen on DS
frown.gif

And I think I won't have enough available height to build it fully.

I passed 2 hours building a little part only, it's time consuming
And it's with black stones, it's so hard to see where I put the blocks or not x__x
I wished I could block the game to always stay on daylight, I can't see enough with torches at night + black stones everywhere.

@Smealum:

- 310811 : press start to return to title, it works but sometime it load only the background (cloud and day/night animation are fine) but not the click-able menu. no crash, just no menu showing.

- 310811 : It's harder to get out of water. it was easier on the previous release.

- It's really frustrating and counterproductive that the Left-right is a look around and not a move left-right (strafe) while in fly mode in control Type A.
I'm using it to build tower, and I can't just put stairs all around to delete later.
Could you fix that in the next release please? thanks you
smile.gif

- It would be great a "up/down" movement in flymode too. (strafe vertically)

Does the viewing distance depends on the visible block or on all the block?
If I delete block underground it will be better?
I'll start to delete trees
tongue.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Rydian said:
ron975 said:
Rydian said:
It's a "clone". A "port" is something that's takes from the original source code.Clone, remake, etc. Not a port.Well "port" can sometimes be generic enough to mean across languages, and many of them have so much in common that porting games can be done...
Well I never knew that - I always though a 'port' was similar to 'modified to work on a different system' sort of thing - regardless of the type of programming language used

Although calling it a 'clone' isn't quite right IMHO either - a 'clone' is a (almost perfect) copy .... DSCraft technically isn't the same as 'classic Minecraft'
- IIRC, classic minecraft doesn't have 'doors' - DSCraft doesn't have 'steps/slabs/flowers/shrubs/TNT' (yet)..
.... actually I don't think classic minecraft had 'steps' either - but would like that & 'posts' added
wink2.gif

Perhaps it should be 'DSCraft - Based on Classic Minecraft'

cyan
I'm currently building something huge lol
Though, it's so big that we can't see it fully in one screen on DS
So am I (it's actually several 'things' in one map) - so I'll have the same problem ...If/when I'm finished I plan to make a video (hopefully) of it to show it off
(Quick question - is there a way to use a custom map with the no$gba emulator version of DSCraft ?? - if so how. I think the video will look better that way)

2-bias

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
CannonFoddr said:
(Quick question - is there a way to use a custom map with the no$gba emulator version of DSCraft ?? - if so how. I think the video will look better that way)

You should be able to unpack the no$gba version with dsbuff or dslazy and put your map inside the data/worlds/ folder and repack it to use it. I just tried it and it worked so far, but i was using a map where i was testing the door jump glitch and the autosave function saved me during flying around and i wasn't able to land
biggrin.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
2-bias said:
CannonFoddr said:
You should be able to unpack the no$gba version with dsbuff or dslazy and put your map inside the data/worlds/ folder and repack it to use it. I just tried it and it worked so far, but i was using a map where i was testing the door jump glitch and the autosave function saved me during flying around and i wasn't able to land
biggrin.gif
Thanks for that - I'll give it a try if/when I finish my multiple buildings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Why do people on YouTube keep making themselves glow