www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(marc_max @ Jan 24 2011, 02:22 PM)
BETA5 will have to wait a bit, but here you have the new features I'm working:
*Downloads images for all regions if your region fails
*Sort games by system
*Support for Bit Trip Fate (please, stop PMing me about this, I never said this game was supported on BETA4)
If everything works correctly, this could be the last beta.

Thats whats good. Thanks Mighty Marc.

Inpression

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, Bit Trip Fate already works for me in Beta4, running under cIOS rev21, base 56, on slot 248. It's running from an SDHC NAND, if that makes any difference.

The only Bit Trip that won't run for me is Void, neither with rev17 or rev21, all the others have been running fine since the savegame fix in Beta4

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
pplucky said:
Hey.

I tested this program today and I have a couple of issues to report (I know it is beta)...

1. "* autoboot is also now a parameter: --auto=SD or --auto=USB" --> doesn't work for my SD, it always shows the popup to choose which Nand to use... My USB device is WBFS formatted and SD FAT32, but still it doesn't choose SD Nand

My meta.xml is like this:

Mighty Channels
Marc
USB/SD Channel loader

--ios=250
--auto=SD

When I tried with IOS 249 instead, it worked perfectly.

In my case, 249 is Waninkoko's ios38r17 and 250 is Waninkoko's ios56r20.

2. With 250, Home button pressed from main screen simply freezes the whole system

With 249, nothing happens with Home button pressed from main screen and it works from in-game (I applied this: * If you want to fix the 'Return to Wii' function of HOME menu (in-game), just rename /ticket/00000001/00000002.tik to _00000002.tik (or delete it) from your NAND dump..), but still the Wii restarts completely instead of just returning to Wii menu.

Can you please fix this or let me know if you need additional info from me?

I would also suggest hiding the loading info lines or at least show them in full screen (same is applicable to game cover after clicking).
Sorry for insisting, but are these comments being taken into account for this new beta?

Thanks in advance.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
pplucky said:
pplucky said:
Hey.

I tested this program today and I have a couple of issues to report (I know it is beta)...

1. "* autoboot is also now a parameter: --auto=SD or --auto=USB" --> doesn't work for my SD, it always shows the popup to choose which Nand to use... My USB device is WBFS formatted and SD FAT32, but still it doesn't choose SD Nand

My meta.xml is like this:

Mighty Channels
Marc
USB/SD Channel loader

--ios=250
--auto=SD

When I tried with IOS 249 instead, it worked perfectly.

In my case, 249 is Waninkoko's ios38r17 and 250 is Waninkoko's ios56r20.

2. With 250, Home button pressed from main screen simply freezes the whole system

With 249, nothing happens with Home button pressed from main screen and it works from in-game (I applied this: * If you want to fix the 'Return to Wii' function of HOME menu (in-game), just rename /ticket/00000001/00000002.tik to _00000002.tik (or delete it) from your NAND dump..), but still the Wii restarts completely instead of just returning to Wii menu.

Can you please fix this or let me know if you need additional info from me?

I would also suggest hiding the loading info lines or at least show them in full screen (same is applicable to game cover after clicking).
Sorry for insisting, but are these comments being taken into account for this new beta?

Thanks in advance.
Forget about rev20, I already said that we can't help users using this rev. Its NAND emulator will never work correctly. Use rev17 or rev21.

Deleting the System Menu ticket forces the hardware to do a full reset, so you return to your real NAND System Menu. This is normal.

I don't know what you mean when you say 'hide the loading info'. These lines are necessary for users to report problems if some error appears.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
marc_max said:
Forget about rev20, I already said that we can't help users using this rev. Its NAND emulator will never work correctly. Use rev17 or rev21.OK, understood... Sorry for not noticing it, that it was cIOS related.

marc_max said:
Deleting the System Menu ticket forces the hardware to do a full reset, so you return to your real NAND System Menu. This is normal.Is there any possibility to make it work like in other programs, by showing the Home screen?

QUOTE(marc_max @ Jan 25 2011, 10:49 AM)
I don't know what you mean when you say 'hide the loading info'. These lines are necessary for users to report problems if some error appears.
If they are needed, I would say at least run it in full screen, no? It looks weird, that's the only thing...

Is there any updated list of Game compatibility with Mighty Channels?

Thanks for all your help.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
bubbleboy said:
codiak said:
Try ShowMiiWads as described in the readme ;P

I did, and read the readme.. but it seems to skip the most important part (for me at least) which is how to add a WAD file!

You can install them by dragging the WAD files to the ShowMiiWads window (be sure to select the correct path to your virtual NAND in the options).

pplucky said:
marc_max said:
Deleting the System Menu ticket forces the hardware to do a full reset, so you return to your real NAND System Menu. This is normal.
Is there any possibility to make it work like in other programs, by showing the Home screen?

QUOTE(marc_max @ Jan 25 2011, 10:49 AM)
If they are needed, I would say at least run it in full screen, no? It looks weird, that's the only thing...
There is a possibility to code a small rebooter that can be loaded when user click on Return to Wii Menu. But my basic coding knowledges won't allow me to do that.

I still don't understand what do you mean by full screen (they are already showing in full screen lol). Maybe you mean you want all messages to be stacked instead of overwriting the old one?
If there is an error, the message appears and waits for a button to be pressed, so the message can be always read. It's very clean now.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
marc_max said:
I still don't understand what do you mean by full screen (they are already showing in full screen lol). Maybe you mean you want all messages to be stacked instead of overwriting the old one?
If there is an error, the message appears and waits for a button to be pressed, so the message can be always read. It's very clean now.
Please check here what I mean (sorry for low quality):

When I click a game, its cover appears in front (smaller than screen size) and if I press A afterwards, the loading lines appear in black background on bottom right screen...

Maybe this happens for some setting I have, no?

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Game 'Family Table Tennis' works perfectly (as stated here, for Triiforce), but it freezes completely my Wii when I press Home button in-game...

Shouldn't all compatible Triiforce games also work in Mighty Channels?

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
pplucky said:
Please check here what I mean (sorry for low quality):

When I click a game, its cover appears in front (smaller than screen size) and if I press A afterwards, the loading lines appear in black background on bottom right screen...

Maybe this happens for some setting I have, no?
Now I understand
smile.gif

This is normal. This text only appears during 1 second or less, I think it's not important to hide it. Also I keep them because there are two cases where this text is essential:
* when a game needs a savegame and warns the user it's going to be created
* when the main.dol wasn't found and warns the user it's going to use apploader instead

pplucky said:
Game 'Family Table Tennis' works perfectly (as stated here, for Triiforce), but it freezes completely my Wii when I press Home button in-game...

Shouldn't all compatible Triiforce games also work in Mighty Channels?
Please, try it with Triiforce and check if it does the same. I hope you get the same results.
That list is very ambiguous. Maybe the one that posted it didn't try the Home button.
Also, if a game is marked as green it means:
Green represents games that work 100% or just have slight audio/video stutter or anything else that doesn't effect gameplay
A freeze when pressing the Home button doesn't affect gameplay directly, so we can accept that report. But please, try to run it through Triiforce and post the results, it's very important.

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
marc_max is it possible in the next beta that Mighty Channels works with big HD´s. I have a 2 Tera Hdd and Mighty Channels dont recognize and same with SDHC.

codiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
halen said:
marc_max is it possible in the next beta that Mighty Channels works with big HD´s. I have a 2 Tera Hdd and Mighty Channels dont recognize and same with SDHC.

AFAIK, this is an cIOS or File System issue...

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Just posted BETA5, enjoy!

I'm searching users that can translate Mighty Channels texts to: german, french, italian and dutch.
It's just translating less than 30 lines, and they are very short so it should be easy. If you think you can help open the file langs.h, you will find the english texts there, then translate them and PM me with it.

iancer said:
ok i have one request for the new beta 5...
if you could include command line support for passing arguments to Mighty Channels, so as to allow direct game booting. the details im sure you know, adding this feature would make any future versions of Mighty CHannels comaptable with iso-forwarders...
http://gbatemp.net/t207530-wiiware-vc-iso-...rders-made-easy?
thank you
Not happening, sorry.
The original Triiforce already works for that. The main objective of Mighty Channels is having an exclusive menu with all your channels on the real/virtual NAND without using any external program. Any user using ISO forwarders shouldn't be interested on Mighty Channels, because it's not going to add new features or improve compatibility. If Mighty Channels could improve Triiforce compatibility then I could add this feature. But this is not going to happen.

QUOTE(halen @ Jan 25 2011, 01:43 PM) marc_max is it possible in the next beta that Mighty Channels works with big HD´s. I have a 2 Tera Hdd and Mighty Channels dont recognize and same with SDHC.
No. This depends on the cIOS right now (and I think that it will be a long time until Waninkoko returns to Wii scene).

coreduo0099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
codiak said:
halen said:

AFAIK, this is an cIOS or File System issue...

Point well taken, however the USB Loaders work fine using the same cIOS on a 2TB drive... Not sure what the real issue is, but perhaps the author of cfg USB loader could share how he got it working on the same cIOS. 2TB support with USB Loaders has been working for many CIOS revs. I tried partitioning a 2TB drive and that did not work either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto