Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiLike2Hacks said:
Pakatus said:
wiiLike2Hacks said:
I've got a thread over at wiihacks where I keep an updated pack of coverart perfect for Mighty Channels & Triiforce. I've tried using the download feature inside Mighty Channels, but still find that I'm missing quite a few images. Figured I'd share it with you guys, since I'm a newb here and all.

If you really want to help...why not to up them to wiitdb.com?
You know, I never really thought about that. I'll do that right now, actually.

Thanks for these, I was hoping they were wiiware for NTSC, im missing tons from wiitdb.com.. have any wiiware packs?

agris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supersonic124 said:
I keep getting "I can't retrieve title list ret=-1" when I try to load my nand from a sd or usb. The real nand option works fine.

Hey, I'm new here to the Wii hacking / homebrew scene and mighty channels especially. I ran into this same problem and thought I would share the solution I found. If you're using a usb hdd, the partition that has the usb NAND needs to be set to primary AND active. A program like partition magic can do that for you, and probably any number of freeware ones.

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(freestile @ Jan 15 2011, 09:35 PM)
I got all the games I tested with 249 rev 21 to work

if it is true ,it is very good

@zizer, yeah but it was only Fluidty, And Yet It moves, Sonic 4, Mix Superstar and Bomberman Blast.
Of course that was before I had used the forwarder channel, and edited my meta.xml
to go with 246 so now I'm at 246[38]-17 and everything seems fine. Hadnt had any luck
with 249 rev 21 with any of the other games I tested. No matter though
cause rev 17 should do good enough for my needs. I like having my 249[57]21 for
other games anyway.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
freestile said:
@zizer, yeah but it was only Fluidty, And Yet It moves, Sonic 4, Mix Superstar and Bomberman Blast.
Of course that was before I had used the forwarder channel, and edited my meta.xml
to go with 246 so now I'm at 246[38]-17 and everything seems fine. Hadnt had any luck
with 249 rev 21 with any of the other games I tested. No matter though
cause rev 17 should do good enough for my needs. I like having my 249[57]21 for
other games anyway.

i am too use rev17 (21 - I had no luck)

atavol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i first want to say thanks for your hard work marc_max in making mighty channels a reality and available to everyone. ok, to the point, been using this for a while and so far the games i tested work with both ciosx 21 and 17. the thing is when i use a forwarder channel to launch mighty channels with ciosx21 the games freeze on loading. but when i launch from homebrew channel they run fine. another thing is i edited the meta.xml to point to other cios base but doesnt work when i use a forwarder channel. it only works when i launch from the homebrew channel. any idea why this is so?

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see this finally released. Been waiting a while! I had read a few months ago that it will play ALL Wiiware and VC. Is this still true? Or are there still problem games? Thanks for this.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
atavol said:
another thing is i edited the meta.xml to point to other cios base but doesnt work when i use a forwarder channel. it only works when i launch from the homebrew channel. any idea why this is so?
I'm afraid forwarder channels don't take parameters from meta.xml into account*. That's one of the reasons others and me suggested to have a cIOS selection within the app itself, but thus far the only way I know how to choose another cIOS is by setting the xml-parameter and running it through the HBC.

@lovewiibrew: alas...as far as I've tested, the compatibility seems more or less the same as the chart for triiforce. I haven't tested them all, but the Lostwinds games, castlevania and art style: cubello simply won't run. Tales of monkey island 1 loads, but freezes as soon as the cutscène part is over. But there is a good workaround that makes the bit trip games playable without any hassle.

...this is of course when using USB (or SD) nand-emulation. From real nand, most (if not all) games just work fine.

*note: I know this is true for general forwarder channels. Perhaps its possible to set those parameters within the forwarder itself, but I don't know much of those things.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
guys, what program can be used to set fat32 partition to active and primary for mighty channels usb nand on mac osx?

anyone knows by chance?

atavol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@weaver: thanks for the info...still i find it strange that the games work with ciosx21 only when i launch mighty channels from homebrew channel yet freeze when i use a forwarder channel. thats the thing i cant figure out.if it works from homebrew shouldnt it work from the forwarder channel too?. thats the only problem i have with 21 , i have to run mighty channels through homebrew while with rev 17 the games dont freeze with the forwarder.

Inpression

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G0dLiKe said:
guys, what program can be used to set fat32 partition to active and primary for mighty channels usb nand on mac osx?

anyone knows by chance?

I use Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2010 Server, I'm sure there're plenty of others that do the same thing.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Inpression said:
G0dLiKe said:

anyone knows by chance?

I use Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2010 Server, I'm sure there're plenty of others that do the same thing.
EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition is very good, and its free...

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
i just want to say that i´m really like this great app.
yaywii.gif

only one little thing i miss is to choose ios for each game, i think this could give this great app so much more potential...

codiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also wanna say thanks to marc for this great app!
I dont see the need for chooseable ios for each game.

But what i would like to see is some kind of "return to wii-menu" patching like giantpune done for usbloaders so we can return to mighty channels
smile.gif

Someone made a skin for mighty channels yet?
wink.gif

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey.

I tested this program today and I have a couple of issues to report (I know it is beta)...

1. "* autoboot is also now a parameter: --auto=SD or --auto=USB" --> doesn't work for my SD, it always shows the popup to choose which Nand to use... My USB device is WBFS formatted and SD FAT32, but still it doesn't choose SD Nand

My meta.xml is like this:

Mighty Channels
Marc
USB/SD Channel loader

--ios=250
--auto=SD

When I tried with IOS 249 instead, it worked perfectly.

In my case, 249 is Waninkoko's ios38r17 and 250 is Waninkoko's ios56r20.

2. With 250, Home button pressed from main screen simply freezes the whole system

With 249, nothing happens with Home button pressed from main screen and it works from in-game (I applied this: * If you want to fix the 'Return to Wii' function of HOME menu (in-game), just rename /ticket/00000001/00000002.tik to _00000002.tik (or delete it) from your NAND dump..), but still the Wii restarts completely instead of just returning to Wii menu.

Can you please fix this or let me know if you need additional info from me?

I would also suggest hiding the loading info lines or at least show them in full screen (same is applicable to game cover after clicking).

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Wever said:
Nice work and good GUI. I'm busy testing out some games (on rev17), but thus far, haven't come across a game that works on triiforce MRC that doesn't work on this.
smile.gif

LocoRoco said:
i think you should make it /nand/import,meta,shared1 etc. It looks kinda messy if all the folders are on the root of the sd/usb.
I second this request. In addition to not having to worry about all those folders, it also means you could use the same emulated nand for mighty channels as for uloader.

(or am I really the only one who has 2 emulated nands on his hard drive?)

Did this get done?

It would be awesome to add another tag for destination folder. I have 2 nands on my fat32 - one for uneek (switch2uneek) & mighty, and one for uloader under a "nand" folder ...would be nice to be able to specify folder for various reasons:

1. to save space on the fat32 partition and avoid having various copies of the nand
2. For those that want to, they could run various copies of mighty, each one pointing to a different folder to load different games

It would be nice to get switch2uneek to use the "nand" folder as well.....

codiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icw35 said:
Wever said:
Nice work and good GUI. I'm busy testing out some games (on rev17), but thus far, haven't come across a game that works on triiforce MRC that doesn't work on this.
smile.gif

LocoRoco said:
i think you should make it /nand/import,meta,shared1 etc. It looks kinda messy if all the folders are on the root of the sd/usb.
I second this request. In addition to not having to worry about all those folders, it also means you could use the same emulated nand for mighty channels as for uloader.

(or am I really the only one who has 2 emulated nands on his hard drive?)

Did this get done?

It would be awesome to add another tag for destination folder. I have 2 nands on my fat32 - one for uneek (switch2uneek) & mighty, and one for uloader under a "nand" folder ...would be nice to be able to specify folder for various reasons:

1. to save space on the fat32 partition and avoid having various copies of the nand
2. For those that want to, they could run various copies of mighty, each one pointing to a different folder to load different games

It would be nice to get switch2uneek to use the "nand" folder as well.....

As Marc said here its a cIOS thing.

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
OK. Thanks. Deleted uloader now anyway and use uneek/mighty channels. Wait and see now if sneeky_mighty_channels works
smile.gif
and sneekflow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)